Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #15

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Biggs is horrible yet he is running away with this

I think the problem is people are in love with what we thought we were getting: Lucic 2.0.

That is clearly not going to happen. This kid is an awful hockey player.

I just looked up his salary on capgeek.

http://capgeek.com/player/2352

This joke of a human being has $92,500 in signing bonuses every year of his entry level contract. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead This kid doesn't deserve $92,500 per year. WOW. And that's on top of his very generous and undeserved $70,000 AHL salary.

What is the AHL minimum salary? That's what Biggs should have gotten. SMH. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
David Broll is on there twice.

How is Tyler Biggs leading this vote? He is a HUGE bust and an unmitigated joke, a disaster of a pick. Every Marlie that played on the playoffs still available on this ballot should be picked ahead of him.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Why? Because that bum Biggs did not play in the Marlies playoffs. I think the Marlies that played ahead of him should be considered better prospects, no?

The kid was a healthy scratch in the league BELOW the NHL. He will never make the NHL. Waste of a pick. Thanks Nonis. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Uh...Bigg is 21. He's not a bust and he is progressing well, if you watched the Marlies you will know he was limited in his role. I am not high on him as others are but I am not willing to throw him under the bus.

Last edited:

mikebel111*

Valiev and Toninato have a shot at being something better than replacement players.

The goalies I have no idea and nobody else does either.

Biggs is a bust and McKegg is a career AHLer. Broll and Devane got worse the longer the season went on last year.

MacWilliams could be playing third pairing minutes with the leafs early as next year. Randy will love the guy and MacW had a real strong camp last year.

a bust at 21? really?

mikebel111*

Uh...Bigg is 21. He's not a bust and he is progressing well, if you watched the Marlies you will know he was limited in his role. I am not high on him as others are but I am not willing to throw him under the bus.

Ask Spott, they are happy with his progress. Producing 8 goals on 4th line mostly with no PP time is decent.

I am guessing many of the smart people here called Kadri a bust as well

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Eh, I think this late in the poll its tough and you need to look at shot of making the show vs. potential. A guy like Toninato looks to have the most potential but he isn't a can't miss either. He has as much chance at hitting that potential as never making the show at all.

Biggs has been a mighty disappointment, but at this point, I still think he makes it, even as a fourth liner. He had no business before this point, but at this point the pro potential should get him a vote. Idk.the Thought of being Saad over Jenner and Gibson really makes me wanna click elsewhere!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's not really progressing all that well but he's definitely not a bust either.

If he was consistent physically while struggling offensively, I think he'd be a lot higher in the list. But he hasn't brought the whole package with any sort of consistency.

I like him but he needs a good breakout season. If he can breakout and show his potential, he'll shoot right back up the prospect rankings and hype.

There's no excuse with the upcoming season for him not to be able to grab a top 9 spot on the Marlies. If Carrick can do it, he sure as hell can.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think the problem is people are in love with what we thought we were getting: Lucic 2.0.

This joke of a human being has $92,500 in signing bonuses every year of his entry level contract. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead This kid doesn't deserve $92,500 per year. WOW. And that's on top of his very generous and undeserved $70,000 AHL salary.

What is the AHL minimum salary? That's what Biggs should have gotten. SMH. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Yes, we are so foolishly and madly in love with the guy that he's going to be our 15th ranked prospect. :rolleyes:

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario

How is Tyler Biggs leading this vote? He is a HUGE bust and an unmitigated joke, a disaster of a pick. Every Marlie that played on the playoffs still available on this ballot should be picked ahead of him.

Why? Because that bum Biggs did not play in the Marlies playoffs. I think the Marlies that played ahead of him should be considered better prospects, no?

The kid was a healthy scratch in the league BELOW the NHL. He will never make the NHL. Waste of a pick. Thanks Nonis. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Nonis didn't draft Biggs..

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

Are you really up in arms over Biggs salary?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Voted for Bibeau, he basically carried his team through the playoffs and into the Memorial Cup.

MacWilliams could be playing third pairing minutes with the leafs early as next year. Randy will love the guy and MacW had a real strong camp last year.

I can see that happening, but I don't think he will ever be more than a 3rd pair/pk guy in the NHL.

Logic

This is the way
Aug 8, 2012
P.E.I.
Voted Toninato, but people are being too hard on Biggs imo. The kids only 21, he probably won't end up as a top 6 power forward we wanted, but he could still develop into a decent third line winger.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

....for allowing then GM Brian Burke to draft the player he wanted? Okay

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I haven't completely given up on Biggs yet. It was his first year in the AHL last year. People really need to cut the kid some slack. Now, if he puts up similar production in the AHL again next season, then I'll be ready to toss the "bust" category on him. But he's only 21 years old.

I expect next season (if his progression continues as it should) that he'll put up 15g-20a-35p or so. That's not really bad for a 21 year old in his 2nd season of professional hockey. The season after that, maybe 17-23g. Then make the jump into the NHL the season after that. That's decent 3rd line forward progression - which is what he'll probably end up as. Not what you should use a 1st round pick on, but still not a useless player.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

The pointless hatred of Nonis has gotten so bad that people are now blaming him for picks that he never made. :help:

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
There is something very wrong about calling a young player a"joke of a human being." Run down their quality of play, as you wish, but leave the human being alone.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Garret Sparks really deserves more love.

Age 20: AHL 21gms, .915sv% / ECHL 10gms, .916sv%
Age 19: OHL 60gms, .917sv%
Age 18: OHL 59gms, .907sv%

Even with the usual question marks, that's a track record that should have him in the argument for top-10 oin our list.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I'm torn between Biggs and Toninato, both are good prospects and im surprised they are both still available at 15

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Garret Sparks really deserves more love.

Age 20: AHL 21gms, .915sv% / ECHL 10gms, .916sv%
Age 19: OHL 60gms, .917sv%
Age 18: OHL 59gms, .907sv%

Even with the usual question marks, that's a track record that should have him in the argument for top-10 oin our list.

If he can continue to put up those kind of numbers this year while playing in more of a starters role, he could jump up quite a bit in the rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad