Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #12

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Carrick... several positions ago.
Seriously, when this guy is a fan favorite and wearing the A on his Maple Leafs jersey we're gonna look at least a little dumb for putting him this far down the rankings.
...I agree with you.Played junior on a rare defensive minded team...captain...good defensively...developing his offensive game...fearless...hard worker...what's not to like?...he seems to be flying under the radar and I agree we'll be looking back wondering why he was rated so low.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Sam Carrick is excelling despite his skill, due to hard work/determination. While that is commendable and I like him, Loov could play top 4D, where as Carrick will at best be a 3rdC, honestly hes looking like a home grown mcclement (an good thing) but for this poll I have to give it to Loov.

Carrick will get my vote after Loov is up

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
MacWilliam, Loov and Carrick should all be higher. All 3 get severely overlooked.

Who do you knock down out of the top 11? I think these guys all have good potential, but it's hard to move down a player that's been in and out of the NHL that puts up good point totals in the AHL (Ashton) the runner-up for the SHL rookie of the year (Nilsson), the winner of the rookie of the year (Johnson), a player who put up nearly 2ppg in the OHL that wasn't in his overage year (Brown), etc.

These guys have legit potential still, it's just that the 5 or so players ahead of them all had great years in their leagues or played in a higher league.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
12 players in and still talking about players with good NHL potential. Not just plugs.
Good sign.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The goalies aren't getting enoug love. Thise are good goalie prospects.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Biggs for me. One of the few cases where being a 1st round selection hurts a player's perception. If he was picked in the 3rd round or later he'd be everyone's favorite prospect.

Looking at the list of those left, if I had to put money on who'd have the longest NHL career, it's Biggs by a mile.

Being a 1st round pick is the only reason he even stuck with the marlies last year.

He certainly didn't earn an ahl spot with his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad