Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #12

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. William Nylander -- 93.26%
2. Matt Finn -- 37.14%
3. Frederik Gauthier - 32.97%
4. Josh Leivo -- 57.46%
5. Stuart Percy -- 52.63%
6. Connor Brown -- 43.90%
7. Petter Granberg -- 52.29%
8. Andreas Johnson -- 40.32%
9. Carter Verhaeghe -- 44.76%
10. Carter Ashton -- 29.66%
11. Tom Nilsson -- 40.20%
Tyler Biggs
Victor Loov
Chris Gibson
Greg McKegg
Eric Knodel
Dominic Toninato
Brad Ross
Garret Sparks
Fabrice Herzog
Andrew MacWilliam
Sam Carrick
Antoine Bibeau
Rinat Valiev
Jamie Devane
Ryan Rupert
Kenny Ryan
John Piccinich
Josh Dakota
Nolan Vesey
Pierre Engvall
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11

Suggest who I should add next :)

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Biggs for me. One of the few cases where being a 1st round selection hurts a player's perception. If he was picked in the 3rd round or later he'd be everyone's favorite prospect.

Looking at the list of those left, if I had to put money on who'd have the longest NHL career, it's Biggs by a mile.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Carrick... several positions ago.
Seriously, when this guy is a fan favorite and wearing the A on his Maple Leafs jersey we're gonna look at least a little dumb for putting him this far down the rankings.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seriously, when this guy is a fan favorite and wearing the A on his Maple Leafs jersey we're gonna look at least a little dumb for putting him this far down the rankings.

MacWilliam, Loov and Carrick should all be higher. All 3 get severely overlooked.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I won't care in the slightest. After this poll falls off the first page I'll never think of it again.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Biggs for me. One of the few cases where being a 1st round selection hurts a player's perception. If he was picked in the 3rd round or later he'd be everyone's favorite prospect.

I dunno about that. Even of you are pleased with his development so far, he hasn't shown much in the way of likable qualities. Just an AHL fourth liner.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
I picked Loov, but I have a feeling Valiev should be up higher as well - I think he'll be one of the biggest movers up the list over the next year.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Who is ultimately going be a regular NHL player? Not who scored the most points last season at whatever league they were in.

Sam Carrick - 3rd line dependable both ends and gets his nose dirty.

Of the remaining guys Toninato is the most intriguing prospect - a Mike Johnson or maybe even Joe Neuwindyk kinda guy. Will be strong coming outa the College program down the road. Already showing his skill set here in the prospect camp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I voted for Carrick simply because I think he's got that 3rd or 4th line NHL potential whereas McKegg I don't think will be good enough for the role he should be in, which is more of a scoring role. I honestly don't think McKegg will be much of a NHL player... I see him excelling in Europe though.

So Carrick, then Loov, MacWilliam, and probably McKegg. Biggs should be in there too, with Toninato and Cameranesi.

Getting tough here though. I think there's a chunk of prospects that are similar in value and potential. I could really interchange a lot of them between #9 up to #15 ish.

Last edited:

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

Looking at the list of those left, if I had to put money on who'd have the longest NHL career, it's Biggs by a mile.

I could see it. I'm feeling the Loov on this pick, but it was a toss-up between him and Biggs.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Took Loov. I could see him settling in as a good #4 guy in time. Lots of Carrick love in here. I don't think he's 3rd line material; 4th line though, sure

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
:nod:
Carrick should've definitely been top 10.

+ Steve Spott absolutely loves the guy. Called him 'Captain material'.
With the promotion to Assistant coach ... which may well be a grooming process for a future head coach position with the club ... but even in the near future, that has to bode well for Carrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad