OT: 2014 HFWild Fantasy Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Alright alright, since no one has fallen on the grenade of being commissioner, I will volunteer this year. I am going to go ahead and cut a few corners that have taken up days at a time of deciding (at the very least) this year and make a few decisions preemptively.

1. This will be a Yahoo draft. We've done this in years past as opposed to ESPN and it seems to work.
2. This will be a PPR (points per reception (.5 points per reception)) league. We've done this in years past and it seems to work.
3. This will be a 12 team league (unless not enough people sign up). 8 is weak/every team is stacked, 16 proved to be too many in years past.
4. The draft will be held on a weekend (afternoon or night) or a weeknight after 6pm CST/CDT (whatever we are on now (I can't keep track)).
5. The draft order will be determined randomly.
6. This will be a snake draft, unless the majority want an auction.
7. Championship game is held in Week 16 - Playoffs are Weeks 14, 15, 16 with 6/12 teams making it in
8. This will be a head-to-head points league
9. There will be no divisions - Playoff seeding will be determined by regular season standings
10. Trade deadline is November 14th
11. Teams out of the playoffs' rosters will be locked once the playoffs start
12. Roster size: 16 - 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 6 Bench, 1 IR slot.
13. Max acquisitions per week: 3. Waiver type: Continual rolling list.
14. Trading of draft picks is allowed.
15. I would like to give the regular, generic users the chance to claim their spots first. Obviously others are welcome, but the regular HFers get priority (at my discretion). If not enough "regulars" sign up, others are welcome. Don't be afraid to ask; I'll keep a list everyone who wants in.
16. PM me if you are interested in joining. Don't post your email addresses in this thread (**** you, spammers). I will send out PMs with the link and password to the league in response. Draft times will be changed/updated once we agree on one.

The draft is set for Monday, September 1st at 7:30pm CDT.

Teams:

1. Generic User - Balls Deep
2. Victorious Secret - Ponder This
3. Wild48 - The Angry Inch
4. Wild11MN - The Vanek Button
5. Avder - Threshecutioners
6. ? - James Quick's Team
7. ? - Clutterbuck
8. Randy BoBandy - Pat's Peerless Team
9. this providence - Tread Lightly
10. gphr513 - Dinkytown Drunks
11. keppel146 - Granny's Casselrole
12. FUBAR McDangles - Team McDangleberries

So...

Last edited:

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
pick_me_kitten.jpeg

I would love to join up.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Waivers should probably be reverse order of standings. That's actually how I built like half of my team last year, haha.

No really, I think I only had like 3 people on my final roster that I actually drafted and kept all year. It was insane.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Waivers should probably be reverse order of standings. That's actually how I built like half of my team last year, haha.

No really, I think I only had like 3 people on my final roster that I actually drafted and kept all year. It was insane.

And you ended up winning? Football is weird.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
And you ended up winning? Football is weird.

Do realize that two of the three or so players I kept from my draft roster were Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham. Hate their team, but my GOD did they cough up craptons of points. The fantasy championship they won me last year is legit. Unlike, you know. Yeah.

*cough*

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
I'm interested but I have another draft at literally the same time. I would love to join if the time was moved but, if not, oh well.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Do realize that two of the three or so players I kept from my draft roster were Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham. Hate their team, but my GOD did they cough up craptons of points. The fantasy championship they won me last year is legit. Unlike, you know. Yeah.

*cough*

I don't know who either of those gentlemen are.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Are we set on Yahoo? For selfish reasons I'd prefer ESPN. My other league is on ESPN, so it'd be nice to be able to maintain them from the same site/app.

But, just checking, it's not that big of a deal.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Are we set on Yahoo? For selfish reasons I'd prefer ESPN. My other league is on ESPN, so it'd be nice to be able to maintain them from the same site/app.

But, just checking, it's not that big of a deal.

Yes, Yahoo is set. We haven't done an ESPN league on HF. Yahoo's UI is friendlier and ESPN's player rankings are laughable.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Alright, here's who is in so far:

1. Generic User
2. Randy BoBandy
3. gphr513
4. Victorious Secret
5. Avder
6. Wild Caniac
7. Wild48
8. this providence
9. Wild11MN

RBR, there's a good chance that the draft time will change, so if it does, you can have that 10th spot. Would like two other people to join up. If not, everyone good with a 10 person league?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I have class during the draft time, but I can just set my rankings. Plus, its only class. Pretty sure I'll still be available to draft.

Is Minnesota really not playing? Sad, this makes me.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I have class during the draft time, but I can just set my rankings. Plus, its only class. Pretty sure I'll still be available to draft.

Is Minnesota really not playing? Sad, this makes me.

I was thinking we would switch that. Just had to choose a time to finalize the league/settings.

Yeah, he don't know nothing. "I could probably draft a quarterback... Tony Romo sucks and Payton Manning is good. See? I'm set :thumbu:" -Minnesota's exact wording in a separate conversation.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I was thinking we would switch that. Just had to choose a time to finalize the league/settings.

Yeah, he don't know nothing. "I could probably draft a quarterback... Tony Romo sucks and Payton Manning is good. See? I'm set :thumbu:" -Minnesota's exact wording in a separate conversation.

Well, as long as he doesn't select a kicker in the first 2 rounds he'll still probably beat me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad