2014 HFTML Fantasy Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
They're just back-ups. Probably the least important position in this draft. How big of a difference are they going to make on your team anyways? I don't think they have much of an impact.

Ask the Leafs how much impact a backup can have

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
True, but injuries aren't factored into this thing (I think) which is the only reason Minnesota's back-ups had a bigger impact on the team.

When my team is being judged, and my goalies are being judged, I expect the judges to determine how solid my goaltending would be by using Lundqvist as the determining factor - because it's Lundqvist who will be in net for my team if we were in the playoffs, if we were in a game 7, if we were squared up against the best team in the league, etc. and not whoever I choose as my back-up.

I don't think they will (or ever had) have much impact on your team in this game.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
True, but injuries aren't factored into this thing (I think) which is the only reason Minnesota's back-ups had a bigger impact on the team.

When my team is being judged, and my goalies are being judged, I expect the judges to determine how solid my goaltending would be by using Lundqvist as the determining factor - because it's Lundqvist who will be in net for my team if we were in the playoffs, if we were in a game 7, if we were squared up against the best team in the league, etc. and not whoever I choose as my back-up.

I don't think they will (or ever had) have much impact on your team in this game.

How well you did last year is the determining factor, but I agree. Lundqvist is your goaltender so short of using Ron Maclean.....

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Calgary Flames select with the 564th Overall, C/W JT Brown!

940x.jpg

Ace88*

Carolina selects at

538 Travis Moen
543 Craig Adams

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With the 577th Overall Pick, the Calgary Flames select, G Justin Peters!

Justin+Peters+Anaheim+Ducks+v+Carolina+Hurricanes+nhXzQOEdwj7l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia