Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #1

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I voted Sherbak because he seems to have the highest ceiling, although he is years away from joining the club.

I vote based who I would least like to lose in a trade. I know Beaulieu better than Sherbak. Beaulieu looks like an elite skater and puck handling defensemen even when compared to other NHLers. I've only seen what Sherbak's highlights against teenagers.

So, as of this minute, I'd rather lose Sherbak in a trade than Beaulieu. But, I was tempted to vote for Sherbak because I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do. Hope we already get a glimpse at this camp. But really I look forward to seeing both of them in 5 years.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
There should be two lists;

1) Defence prospects that haven't already played for the Habs and will likely be Habs next season.
2) Defence prospects that could become Habs in a few yrs.
3) The same for offence prospects.

4) Nikita Scherbak is without doubt the most talented and best (size, aggressive, etc.)prospect in the Habs system AFAIK!:nod:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was under the impression Cichy, Nattinen and Sullivan also left our organization.

Cichy has till August 15th to be signed, but he's likely gone.

Nattinen it will depend on if they give him a QO or not. They gave Engqvist his QO so perhaps Nattinen will get one as well.

Sullivan I have no clue what they are going to do with him. They don't lose his rights as far as I know but I don't know where he even plans on playing next season, if he plans on going back to the NCAA or not.

I voted Sherbak because he seems to have the highest ceiling, although he is years away from joining the club.

I'm guessing Beaulieu has graduated so my vote would go to Sherbak as well.

Where's Robert Czarnik? Did he leave the organization and I missed it?

I would assume he's not going to get a QO so he should be gone.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Beaulieu was really impressive in the playoff, its hard not to vote for him. Not only is he our prospect with the most apparent potential, he's also by far the closest to the NHL.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Nattinen it will depend on if they give him a QO or not. They gave Engqvist his QO so perhaps Nattinen will get one as well.

Speaking of Enqgvist isn't his contract in the KHL up this season? Any chance he gets a contract offer?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Speaking of Enqgvist isn't his contract in the KHL up this season? Any chance he gets a contract offer?

I believe he's under contract in the KHL for one more season. Next summer we lose his rights, so perhaps a big season will get their attention but I would be surprised to see him back.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Voted Nygren as I believe he is the most NHL ready. If given a fair chance he should crack the top 6 this year

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00