GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy Part II

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
I also said "Looks like" which means I was speculating, I know everyone here loves PC and all, but I hate what he has done to the team right now so any time I can jab on him in a thread I'll do it.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Although you could probably get his sig. on a contract for short money, I don't see any interest in Peter Mueller. Sure, a right hand shot and still only 26, his production is far from impressive in his NHL career.

True, much of this could have been due to concussions and other injuries, but his highest goal total is 22 in seven years of NHL experience. Rather go internally.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Although you could probably get his sig. on a contract for short money, I don't see any interest in Peter Mueller. Sure, a right hand shot and still only 26, his production is far from impressive in his NHL career.

True, much of this could have been due to concussions and other injuries, but his highest goal total is 22 in seven years of NHL experience. Rather go internally.

He's definitely been up and down, but if you could get him on short enough money you could certainly do worse as a depth signing IMO. Seems like a pretty low-risk, high-to-medium reward type of situation to me.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I also said "Looks like" which means I was speculating, I know everyone here loves PC and all, but I hate what he has done to the team right now so any time I can jab on him in a thread I'll do it.

You're having everyone on, aren't you? Nobody could be serious about this. It's impossible.

By God, I HATE that this guy has constructed a perennial Cup contender!!! :rant:

thats-gold-jerry.png

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
He's definitely been up and down, but if you could get him on short enough money you could certainly do worse as a depth signing IMO. Seems like a pretty low-risk, high-to-medium reward type of situation to me.

I really think it's worth the gamble.

Been a long time since I seen him tearing up the WHL but the kid was dynamic! Injuries and maturity set him back big time. Seems like he had a good year in Switzerland and don't see the downside.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I really think it's worth the gamble.

Been a long time since I seen him tearing up the WHL but the kid was dynamic! Injuries and maturity set him back big time. Seems like he had a good year in Switzerland and don't see the downside.

Wouldn't they hold a grudge against him for tricking the team into thinking Zach Hamill was a top 10 pick way back when?

Hed be worth trying on the Carl line. Erikkson will be with Krejci now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If he is on the 1st line, I would be more than happy with a 25 goal 60 point season. More than happy with that.

Nobody in a Bruin uniform is going to put up big points, in Juliens system. And that's ok. The system works.

I think that we have seen, based on the Chia/Julien tenure, as well as how Eriksson and Seguin performed during their 1st seasons with their new teams, that individual point-getting is not going to occur in Boston.

To me, 65 points in a Bruin uniform, is the equivalent to 75-85 in many other uniforms.

As for considering the trade a failure or a success....

Until Seguin proves that he is anything more than a regular season star/playoff no-show...it wont be a failure. At worst it will be a lateral move.

Later
couldn't agree more- great to see you back....don't be a stranger, sometimes you need a few days, a week, my longest was 2 months without signing on, but eventually its worth checking in.

Considering Loui had two serious concussions from cheap hits, I think he'll rebound well and have a solid season. The guy has a track record and anyone ever watching the Stars knows he was a good player

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Okay okay okay.

We've deleted a ton of messages here that were trash. Bickering BS.

No more.

If you don't like what a poster has to say, ignore it. If it's against the rules, report it. If you want to stick out your tongues at each other, do it in PM. You ignore those options, there's going to be discipline... And I HATE that.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'd be shocked if a RH top-9 forward isn't added via free agency or trade. I don't think Chiarelli will go into the season with Bergeron and Krejci as the only RH forwards.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I'd be shocked if a RH top-9 forward isn't added via free agency or trade. I don't think Chiarelli will go into the season with Bergeron and Krejci as the only RH forwards.

They have to make a move first. My guess is they trade for one on a cheap elc.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00