Prospect Info: 2014 Flyers prospect ranking: #5

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I don't understand why there's no votes for Leier? This is a really good prospect to be excited about. This guy is a Matt Read clone who is going to be a very good left winger. He won't be a top line guy, but he could very well end up being a good second line left winger. He's going to be an important piece in the future.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't understand why there's no votes for Leier? This is a really good prospect to be excited about. This guy is a Matt Read clone who is going to be a very good left winger. He won't be a top line guy, but he could very well end up being a good second line left winger. He's going to be an important piece in the future.

Once you get past Hagg and Stolie a case could be made for Leier, but I have Kubel above him.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I find that hard to believe, based on what limited action of him I've seen (WJC, Super Series). I don't see him even making the NHL, or at most as a player that is always in the limbo between the big club and the AHL.

Also, why don't you use your vote on him then?

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Could you explain? Needless to say, I don't agree.

Ditto for me. I have a feeling that Hagg is going to turn into quite a player. We'll see how he does for the Phantoms and Sweden at the WJC, but I think he could be ready this year, and should beat Gostisbehere to the show.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Also this is a little off topic but I was looking up some of the players who's names I didn't recognize. This guy Pavel Vorobiev must have the best unibrow in hockey.

vorobiev.jpg

NHLPaul

Jun 4, 2014
You know... Around
Can you add Jesper Petterson over Amorosa?
I don't see amorosa as anything more than an AHL guy. Petterson doesn't have high upside and I know he's small but he is stocky and fast and really strong defensively. I think he is a safe pick to be a 4-6 guy in the NHL as a shut down player.
Also, don't take out Goulbourne. According to Shawn Reznik he's looked really good at camp. It's only drills but it seems like he could be a solid energy player.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

Leier is top-10 in my books, no doubt.

I have Hägg, Stolie and maybe Lindblom ahead of him. Leier would be next before Aube-Kubel. I like that Leier is a well rounded two way player but his ceiling is pretty low which drags him down the standings a little...but he will be an NHL player

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
God that list scares me. I am so excited for our prospect pool, but I know they all won't pan out. Going down that list of the top 15 pools and their top prospects there are a lot of names I don't recognize and must not have made it.

The thing that is heartening about that list though is that out of the teams most have got 3+ serviceable NHLers who are still in the league from their top 5 at that time.

Penguins: 4/5
Capitals: 4/5
Blackhawks: 2/5
Kings: 5/5 (Denis Grebeshkov is a weird one, he is back now but was good enough before he left anyway.)
Predators: 5/5 (I am including Radulov due to few players having the problem you get with him, the fact that he is easily good enough to be a top line NHLer.)
Canadiens: 3/5
Rangers: 4/5
Blue Jackets: 1/5
Ducks: 4/5
Wild: 4/5
Flyers: 4/5
Sabres: 4/5
Oilers: 2/5
Sharks: 5/5
Thrashers: 3/5

Overall: 54/75 of the top five prospects for those teams have became servicable NHLers who are still in the NHL. (apart from Zherdev, Grebeshkov and Radulov, who I have included as they are easily good enough players but have the so called 'Russain factor', as well as all three proving they were good enough in the league.)

So that is 72% of the top 5 prospects on those teams who became solid NHLers.

And 51/75, so 68%, who are still on NHL teams contributing.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Aaaaaaaaannnnd Amarosa has 2 votes.

Remember with Hagg that we were VERY lucky to grab him in the second round. If it had been a weaker draft he would have been a first rounder. That draft last year was as good as the one we going to have next year. I heard someone (on Sat radio, possibly Button) saying that Hagg and Morin could very well have flipped spots in the draft there were so many good players. I saw him as high as 14 on some pre draft rankings. He will also very likely be the first of these top 4 d to make the NHL.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Voted haggling

ANd going stollie next.

And just watch, starting next years draft. What did hexy and the LA kings have that we currently do not have. Good depth of good goalie prospects. Goalies take a long time to develop and each one that does become nhl ready is different in age. So since we have decent depth at forward prospects, great depth at defence prospects, the next spot in the organization to be filled is goalie prospects.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The thing that is heartening about that list though is that out of the teams most have got 3+ serviceable NHLers who are still in the league from their top 5 at that time.

Penguins: 4/5
Capitals: 4/5
Blackhawks: 2/5
Kings: 5/5 (Denis Grebeshkov is a weird one, he is back now but was good enough before he left anyway.)
Predators: 5/5 (I am including Radulov due to few players having the problem you get with him, the fact that he is easily good enough to be a top line NHLer.)
Canadiens: 3/5
Rangers: 4/5
Blue Jackets: 1/5
Ducks: 4/5
Wild: 4/5
Flyers: 4/5
Sabres: 4/5
Oilers: 2/5
Sharks: 5/5
Thrashers: 3/5

Overall: 54/75 of the top five prospects for those teams have became servicable NHLers who are still in the NHL. (apart from Zherdev, Grebeshkov and Radulov, who I have included as they are easily good enough players but have the so called 'Russain factor', as well as all three proving they were good enough in the league.)

So that is 72% of the top 5 prospects on those teams who became solid NHLers.

And 51/75, so 68%, who are still on NHL teams contributing.

This is true but at the same time if Morin, Sanhiem and Laughton turn into Eric Fehr, Steve Eminger and Shaone Morrisonn I would be pretty let down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad