Prospect Info: 2014 Flyers prospect ranking: #5

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Rankings:

1. Samuel Morin - 39.34%
2. Scott Laughton - 39.25% (winning by 1 vote)
3. Shayne Gostisbehere - 64.55%
4. Travis Sanheim - 83.64%
5. ???

No more Parks for a little while.

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
The last 3 have been pretty easy, Hagg is a no brainer here IMO. After Stolarz at 6 is when I think it gets pretty interesting.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
images

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Gonna go with an unpopular choice in Aube-Kubel. Really think this kid has the tools and would have been a first rounder if he had an increased role. Scouting reports are mixed regarding his D game, but I caught him a few times and I came away impressed by his solid two-way game. I think he's going to be one of those middle six glue guys.

I have him virtually tied with Hagg for now.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
IMHO if you really want to get away from the people doing weird voting you'll need to get rid of Ghoul, Amorosa, Goumas and Alderson as well. None of them will be in anyones top 15 or probably 20. At least Parks will make the top 20.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
IMHO if you really want to get away from the people doing weird voting you'll need to get rid of Ghoul, Amorosa, Goumas and Alderson as well. None of them will be in anyones top 15 or probably 20. At least Parks will make the top 20.

Disagree.

Kids a hoot to watch, good prospect for me to look forward to!

9495088.jpg

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

The weird voting is because everyone knows who's going to win the poll. We could have probably skipped polls 3-6 lol.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Alderson is top 15. He is a big body winger who can skate. He fits the LA Kings mold of a bottom 6 winger.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The weird voting is because everyone knows who's going to win the poll. We could have probably skipped polls 3-6 lol.

It doesn't really matter. I just removed Parks as a joke. People can vote for whomever they want but the masses will vote for the reasonable players to make the poll worthwhile. I'd rather just keep those guys around so, I don't have to deal with people complaining about leaving a certain prospect off the list when another they didn't agree with was on the list.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
I think we should all take a second to appreciate the fact that robert hagg is only our fifth best prospect. That is just amazing. What did our prospect pool look like three years ago?

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Easily Aube-Kubel. Goalies are a crap shoot and Hagg is as well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think we should all take a second to appreciate the fact that robert hagg is only our fifth best prospect. That is just amazing. What did our prospect pool look like three years ago?

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/puck/article.php?articleid=1045

Take Schenn, Couturier, & Read out & then add two more stiffs & Nick Cousins who was a decent back then & now to fill the holes created by those guys not being considered prospects anymore. So that's basically our prospect pool heading into the 2012 draft.

Edit: Some of those guys were moved like Kevin Marshall but again just keep the mindset of swapping him out with someone equally as terrible or even worse than him. It wasn't pretty.

Last edited:

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/puck/article.php?articleid=1045

Take Schenn, Couturier, & Read out & then add two more stiffs & Nick Cousins who was a decent back then & now to fill the holes created by those guys not being considered prospects anymore. So that's basically our prospect pool heading into the 2012 draft.

Edit: Some of those guys were moved like Kevin Marshall but again just keep the mindset of swapping him out with someone equally as terrible or even worse than him. It wasn't pretty.

The Flyers 2014 prospect pool is at it's strongest since what year? 2005? - http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/8043/hockeys_future_fall2005_organizational_rankings115/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad