Euro Hockey Tour: 2014 Channel One Cup (Dec. 18-21)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Can win games even when not playing well. More talent these days. Play in the own zone needs a lot of work though.

Ericsson was leading the way.

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
our defense:shakehead so much open space in the defesinve zone, next time we need much more toughness. well deserved for Sweden, especially for second half of the game

here is the ice videomapping from today - link, not bad, but i expected something more

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Did they really ruin the Finnish national anthem and leave team Finland without drinking water + harm the training with music as news tell? Did any one see them cutting the anthem five seconds in? If true, horrible.

Some comment's there say that its not even true. They say that anthem was played full lenght. If that is true, MTV is doing horrible job, what ever they are trying to do.
They cut it about five seconds short from the end, not the whole piece as Maikkari reports.

Iltalehti reports with comments from Jalonen. Weird, but no biggie.

And here you have Team Finland's equipment manager stating on the record that "only thing that was in short supply were the goals", no issues with water whatsoever.

Pretty funny btw that you need usually the even more sensationalist Iltalehti to put Maikkari straight...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sjögren, Ullström and Lundqvist was terrible.

Lundqvist needs to be physical. If he isn't he's useless at this level. Ullström I didn't notice much(from what I understand he was feeling sick), probably not a good thing anyway, he seems to be playing too much of a finesse game(we got others for that). Sjögren at least always does his backcheck well, noticed him mostly when we defended the lead late but his line wasn't good.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
They cut it about five seconds short from the end, not the whole piece as Maikkari reports.
i wouldn't be nit-picky here
at the Karjala Cup the locker room given by the organisators to our team was called a dog kennel. and i guess it's named so not because of the comforts it granted

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
at the Karjala Cup the locker room given by the organisators to our team was called a dog kennel. and i guess it's named so not because of the comforts it granted
As I recall, this year was the first time in Karjala Cup that the Jokerit locker room was given to Team Russia. Even Team Finland has never gotten that locker room. It's has been off limits to everyone else but Jokerit but now the owner has changed to Rotenberg... :p:

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
As I recall, this year was the first time in Karjala Cup that the Jokerit locker room was given to Team Russia. Even Team Finland has never gotten that locker room. It's has been off limits to everyone else but Jokerit but now the owner has changed to Rotenberg... :p:
only after that trick with a dog kennel didn't work

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
only after that trick with a dog kennel didn't work
Actually, that locker room has been used before by Team Russia, Team Sweden and Team Czech Rep. Suddenly it wasn't good enough for Team Russia so Rotenberg did the unthinkable. He is the arena team owner and also Jokerit owner so he can do what he wants. Still, he should have respected his team, Jokerit, a bit more.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Dog kennel? You really shouldn't rely so much on Russian media. Roman Rotenberg is now the owner of the arena so the state of the locker rooms is on him.
it's called so by members of the team. i don't why, maybe it's something to do with a way to get to the ice-rink. in order to get there you'd to go by elevator that could move only a couple of players at a time or something like that

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Apparently now Russia did not send the proper video tape from last night game to Finland's coaching staff, instead they sended the game tape which was taped with a phone.
To be exact, that's a figure of speech by Jalonen to describe the fact that the quality of the tape is far worse than usual.

Regardless, even if most of these incidents seem to get quite a bit of extra color from the Finnish yellow media, there does appear to be quite a bit of them - so it's becoming more and more difficult to believe it's all just one big coincidence.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Beautiful goals for both teams in this Russia - Sweden game.

Omark <3 (Jokerit!)

Your russophopic media is getting weirder than weird.

It's probably some mistake, as other main stream media (iltasanomat) made headlines about that MTV report about anthem ect being false. MTV hasn't admitted it's mistake though.

That's bs, they got best locker in the Arena, Jokerits own. Russian media is trying to make up problems it seems.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
it's called so by members of the team. i don't why, maybe it's something to do with a way to get to the ice-rink. in order to get there you'd to go by elevator that could move only a couple of players at a time or something like that

Well it has been used by other national teams toot, so it's not like Team Russia has been singled out. Just for the record, the elevator you're talking about isn't that small, but no, it will not fit half of the team in full gear at once.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Omark plays like classic "NHL vahvistus" as we say in Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad