2014 Canucks Training Camp (Mod Post 426)

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
no.

assigning him to juniors now so he can get the playing time he needs=regretting taking them?

Gaunce had a look on the wing in Erie though right?

Nothing wrong with having Gaunce play the wing. He can always move back to center once he's more comfortable with the speed, skill, size of the pro game.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Disappointing training camp in the sense that normally, the most enjoyable thing about it is coming in to read page long breakdowns about which players stood out from posters who watched. Without that stuff, it seemed kind of pointless to even talk about it.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Disappointing training camp in the sense that normally, the most enjoyable thing about it is coming in to read page long breakdowns about which players stood out from posters who watched. Without that stuff, it seemed kind of pointless to even talk about it.

You'll see these when the exhibition games start.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
You'll see these when the exhibition games start.
I remember that we used to get both. The preseason games I can watch myself and have my own opinion :laugh:

In the meantime we have no idea who's been showing well, other than offhand comments by Desjardins who is just going to say good things about everybody

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I remember that we used to get both. The preseason games I can watch myself and have my own opinion :laugh:

I'm not sure why either. The pre-season was up in Whistler as opposed to Vancouver so maybe that's it. We used to get people going down to the arena to watch the scrimmages and give a summary of what they saw.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Any word on today's cuts? I heard that multiple players were being talked to by coaches, getting their walking papers.
Cederholm just tweeted he is on his way back to Portland.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I'm surprised by the Subban cut, I only seen the third last night, but when he has the puck in the O zone, he looked like he made it hard for the opposition Seems like a premeditated cut, I hate those.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Probably more important that Andersson learn the Canucks' new systems, since Subban cannot be called up this year, while Andersson might be.

But Andersson should be waaaaay down the pecking order.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler (when not taking pucks to the face)-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber
Bobby Spaghetti
Corrado
Lu Biega
Andersson

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
I don't understand why Subban was cut. He had a good game yesterday. Not sure what sort of message this sends him.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Probably more important that Andersson learn the Canucks' new systems, since Subban cannot be called up this year, while Andersson might be.

"...while Andersson might be."

Never going to happen unless every Comet is on IR.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Honestly...i've always seen Gaunce as a better winger than centerman.
He's strong along the boards..i noticed it this time last year.
Horvat, Cassels and McCann are players that IMO are better at C then at W (each for different reasons).

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
But Andersson should be waaaaay down the pecking order.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler (when not taking pucks to the face)-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber
Bobby Spaghetti
Corrado
Lu Biega
Andersson

Place Huskins ahead of him also. At least Kent knows what to do and will play the man even if his 35 yr. old legs have trouble keeping up.

Then you have to place his Swedish sidekick Tommernes ahead of him also. Even he is much better than Peter. Can your stickboy skate? Just kidding, but maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad