2014/2015 Season Update

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I thought I would update everyone on what's happening behind the scenes, as we get ready for the upcoming HFNHL season (just to make sure everyone knows we're alive).

We've got all of our ratings together for the coming season and Jeff is currently busy at work putting them all together, running tests and uploading them. I would imagine that this is finished sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Remember, October 1 is the cutoff for players leaving for Europe/retiring and still being able to stay on your roster. We will have a second release for players who left that you don't want on your roster (after October 1).

There will be an announcement today about some rule changes for the upcoming season (some of them drastic) that we, the admin team, feel are necessary for the continued growth of the league.

Stay tuned folks!

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Just to force myself to sit down and put more time into it I'll post.

I'll aim to have our ratings compiled and either available to download in Excel or live on the roster pages this weekend. Test seasons to see if they jive well together will take some additional time and may result in some tweaks to ratings like in years past.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
With a few hours to spare, I deliver on my post.

New ratings are now live on the site. Please review your teams to make sure nobody got lost in the import. If you think something looks way off post it here so I can take a look.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
With a few hours to spare, I deliver on my post.

New ratings are now live on the site. Please review your teams to make sure nobody got lost in the import. If you think something looks way off post it here so I can take a look.

Awesome. Thanks Jeff.

For the Canucks, Pat (Patrick) Dwyer's didn't import. The alternate spelling and ratings are in the Unassigned list.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Parenteau needs to be fixed when you get a chance (all 50s, probably because of name matching).

Also, I signed Tarasenko, Nelson and Donovan earlier this offseason.

Thanks.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Matt/matthew stajan .. Ratings not correct.

and please show me the DF Formula, i want to see how much +/- effect to it.

The only ratings we created ourselves were the PA & SC courtesy of Nick. The rest are straight from the SIMHL ratings packs we have used the last few years and I don't know what their specific formulas are. I know +/- is a part of it, but so are things like TOI, SH TOI, blocks, take aways.

I will work on the player updates posted so far and will confirm once done.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Also, I signed Tarasenko, Nelson and Donovan earlier this offseason.

Thanks.

I haven't processed a bunch of contract offers and prospect activations yet so there will be a lot of these that come as I make my way through the SimGod inbox.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins updates

TJ Brennan has all 50s. I am guessing there are some real ratings that are missing here. He has NHL experience in the last 3 years, not to mention kicked the living daylights out of the AHL last year w 72 pts. in 76 games.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/tj-brennan

Jamal Mayers has retired. He can be removed.

Aarun Palushaj just signed across the pond in the KHL in the last two weeks - so he will get removed.

Neuvirth has resigned w Beantown for a year.

There will be a few signings coming up.

thnx,

GM Kruegs

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
All name corrections up to here have been made. Player signings will come next update as I have a bunch to go through still.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Korbinian Holzer, Joakim Lindström and Cody Almond are missing ratings.

I'll check on Holzer. Because he didn't play in the NHL last year he wouldn't have ratings in the SIMHL file we started with.

The other 2 played in Europe the last 2-3 seasons so they may not have any ratings available at all.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Similar to TJ Brennan, Tomas Kundratek's ratings seem to have been missed. He blew his knee out last year, but played a good chunk of the season with the Caps the year before.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
i signed some prospects a while ago (gelinas, vatanen, merrill, frattin, leblanc...) and they do not yet show up on the roster page... will there be another overhaul of the rosters?

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Just curious,

Matt(hew) Lombardi should be checked as well .. he might get better than 50 ratings

Korbinian Holzer, Joakim Lindström and Cody Almond are missing ratings.

Similar to TJ Brennan, Tomas Kundratek's ratings seem to have been missed. He blew his knee out last year, but played a good chunk of the season with the Caps the year before.

So the process used for these types of players was as follows. If they played in the NHL/AHL within the last 2 seasons I used their last available ratings. For some it's in an AHL version of this years ratings and for others I had to go back a year or two.

If the player has been away from the NHL for 2+ seasons they are left with 50's until they establish new ratings. This is in line with what happened to Jagr upon his return.

Smids Ratings cant be right, especially df

also goc df isnt ok

These ratings are as listed in the ratings pack and did import correctly. If you aren't happy with specific ratings like this you will have the chance to challenge them. Stay tuned for details on that process.

i signed some prospects a while ago (gelinas, vatanen, merrill, frattin, leblanc...) and they do not yet show up on the roster page... will there be another overhaul of the rosters?

4th times a charm...nah. I finally updated the rosters again tonight. This includes all trades, signings, euro releases and ratings corrections posted/submitted. If you believe I missed something please post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad