Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
They're born in different years, that is how most view age. Different birthyear = different experience.

Same as Bittner and Konecy, both are the same age, one will be drafted with 3 years junior, one with 2.

It makes a large difference

uhhh okay but they are the same age.. 22 for both. there will only be a two month span where one is older.

I honestly dont think you knew their ages. Your comment would of been much been better if you separated age versus experience. Both matter.

No if someone was a year ahead i didnt call them older. It wouldnt of made sense

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
my predictions changed because i expected puempel to be able to do more off the pp this year well maintain his pp production
Look at this my way ,if Prince ,Claesson and Wideman were viewed as potential stud,s for this org.Wouldnt it make sense to start getting them games at the nhl level ??this point gets even more compounded when you take the fact they were all destined to be ufa,s this offsesson.But a guy like Prince gets sent down over, Puemple even though he has a year left on his ELC .Seems kinda odd dont you think??

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Look at this my way ,if Prince ,Claesson and Wideman were viewed as potential stud,s for this org.Wouldnt it make sense to start getting them games at the nhl level ??this point gets even more compounded when you take the fact they were all destined to be ufa,s this offsesson.But a guy like Prince gets sent down over, Puemple even though he has a year left on his ELC .That has to mean something right there:nod:

They arent UFAs :shakehead RFAs aside from wideman

Murray said he wanted Prince and Claessan in NHL games but then the team started winning.

Richardson said he thinks the team wanted Wideman but the team started winning

I think the organization might be favoring Puempel or wanted to give him a better place to play then an AHL team that was struggling and where he wasnt playing to the best of his potential

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
uhhh okay but they are the same age.. 22 for both. there will only be a two month span where one is older.

I honestly dont think you knew their ages. Your comment would of been much been better if you separated age versus experience. Both matter.

No if someone was a year ahead i didnt call them older. It wouldnt of made sense

I knew their ages, all it takes to know that is their draft year.

I fail to see how that doesn't make sense?

If you are 1st year Midget, and someone is 2nd, what about that? It's the exact same thing

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They arent UFAs :shakehead RFAs aside from wideman

Murray said he wanted Prince and Claessan in NHL games but then the team started winning.

Richardson said he thinks the team wanted Wideman but the team started winning
Meh ,point still stands though .Why wouldnt you want to see what you have as a potential nhl player ,before resigning him .They both play the same position ,puemple is the one ,that has a year left on his elc .As for Claesson ,they gave him a long look in the preseason ,then we heard nothing :nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I knew their ages, all it takes to know that is their draft year.

I fail to see how that doesn't make sense?

If you are 1st year Midget, and someone is 2nd, what about thar? It's the exact same thing

I dont know why i'd call someone who only has a 2 month difference in age from me older. Ive even seen kids born in December and January ahead or behind in classes or levels

I think a lot of places give you the choice or t least the places where ive been

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Meh ,point still stands though .Why wouldnt you want to see what you have as a potential nhl player ,before resigning him .They both play the position ,and one has a year left on his elc .As for Claesson ,they gave him a long look in the preseason ,then we heard nothing :nod:

Claesson is different, we already have a logjam of NHL defenders to eliminate callups.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I dont know why i'd call someone who only has a 2 month difference in age from me older. Perhaps its different. Ive even seen kids born in December and January ahead or behind in classes or levels

Same, but they were either pushed ahead, or failing.

Hockey in Canada, birth year determines age. It doesn't matter if you are a month older/younger than someone, you play with your birth year.

1st year Midget = 99'
2nd year Midget = 98'
3rd year Mdget = 97'

A few days could separate these groups, but they are considered a year ahead/behind.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Meh ,point still stands though .Why wouldnt you want to see what you have as a potential nhl player ,before resigning him .They both play the same position ,puemple is the one ,that has a year left on his elc .As for Claesson ,they gave him a long look in the preseason ,then we heard nothing :nod:

I wont doubt they might be favoring Puempel i just wont say its right. We saw Prince and Pageau out perform Lazar in the preseason yet both Pageau and Prince were sent to the AHL in favor of him.

I mean lets not pretend management cant be wrong about predictions. Murray said he saw chaisson as a top 6 forward for this team this year

Anyone who watched Chiasson saw he fell off massively toward the end and i believe he was a 4th liner. I hated getting him back.

I wont say im always right about predictions either but based on my viewing of Puempel and my look at the stats Prince is better.

I'll gladly flip flop if Puempel gives me some motivation to change my mind or prince does it the other way

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Claesson is different, we already have a logjam of NHL defenders to eliminate callups.
Maybe ,but like i have said .All three of them could be resigned or not and it wouldnt surprise me .Generally whenever ,our team thinks highly of a prospect ,they usually get games at the nhl level .Before they come off their elc .Hoffman i believe was the last exception to the rule :nod:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe ,but like i have said .All three of them could be resigned or not and it wouldnt surprise me .Generally whenever ,our team thinks highly of a prospect ,they usually get games at the nhl level .Before they come off their elc .Hoffman i believe was the last exception to the rule :nod:

Hoffman had more games than Prince in before he came off his ELC.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I wont doubt they might be favoring Puempel i just wont say its right. We saw Prince and Pageau out perform Lazar in the preseason yet both Pageau and Prince were sent to the AHL in favor of him.

I mean lets not pretend management cant be wrong about predictions. Murray said he saw chaisson as a top 6 forward for this team this year
You say that but it makes no sense,As for the Lazar JGP debate .While you are right about JGP being better,i also can see why managemen wanted hin to start developing right away at the pro level .They probably wanted him in the ahl ,but the rules didnt allow that :nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hoffman had more games than Prince in before he came off his ELC.
There you go ,what we think may be the hottest prospect going. May be nothing more than a career ahler to management.For every mark stone there are a thousands ,of Corey Locke,s:nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You say that but it makes no sense,As for the Lazar JGP debate .While you are right about JGP being better,i also can see why managemen wanted hin to start developing right away at the pro level .They probably wanted him in the ahl ,but the rules didnt allow that :nod:

Management is not infallible. They are allowed to make wrong judgement on players and every management makes dozens of poor judgement. Particularly some GMs obsessed with size over ability and talent.

I mean Minnesota drafted Matt Kassain with a 2nd round pick. Gms make terrible choice often and almost as much as fans.

Bob MacKenzie says that it doesnt take a special talent to be a GM. I'm somewhat inclined to believe him.

Sens management doesnt make it a secret they target guys with intangibles. Do intangibles make the best hockey players? Idk.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There you go ,what we think may be the hottest prospect going. May be nothing more than a career ahler to management.For every mark stone there are a thousands ,of Corey Locke,s:nod:

Hoffman didn't have Stone, Puempel, and Hoffman to compete with for his early callups like Prince did though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Management is not infallible. They are allowed to make wrong judgement on players and every management makes dozens of poor judgement. Particularly some GMs obsessed with size over ability and talent.

I mean Minnesota drafted Matt Kassain with a 2nd round pick. Gms make terrible choice often and almost as much as fans.

Bob MacKenzie says that it doesnt take a special talent to be a GM. I'm somewhat inclined to believe him.

Sens management doesnt make it a secret they target guys with intangibles. Do intangibles make the best hockey players? Idk.
Yeah not really ,you are talking about a 50 year nhl man here .He ha sprobably forgotten more than both you or i will ever know on how to guage nhl talent

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hoffman didn't have Stone, Puempel, and Hoffman to compete with for his early callups like Prince did though.

This is kinda off the debate we were having but im curious...based on your viewings what did puempel do better then Prince? Prince looked like a catalysts when i saw them this year. I didnt notice him much last year.

Perhaps for some reason im being too harsh on Puempel for falling below my expectations

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah not really ,you are talking about a 50 year nhl man here .He ha sprobably forgotten more than both you or i will ever know on how to guage nhl talent

This is the same guy who signed Phillips, Greening and Legwand to terrible deals within the last two years. GM's make mistakes.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Murray isnt allowed to make mistakes? I think hes good at his job. I also think GMing is a job where you constantly make bad decisions at for example the draft.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is the same guy who signed Phillips, Greening and Legwand to terrible deals within the last two years. GM's make mistakes.
Terrible deals now ,but who here after the pittsburgh series didnt want Greening resigned??didnt here too much crying over legwand signing with us as support for zibby.Ditto for phillips .None of these guys big picture ,does any real long term damage.Two of them end next season :nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Terrible deals now ,but who here after the pittsburgh series didnt want Greening resigned??didnt here too much crying over legwand signing with us as support for zibby.Ditto for phillips .None of these guys big picture ,does any real long term damage.Two of them end next season :nod:

Everyone hated 2 years for phillips. What makes it worse is that phillips didnt even use an agent.

Lots of people hated Michaleks signing after he came back from testing FA

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Exactly, Prince was buried in depth, that's the main reason for his game numbers. Hoffman didn't have the depth he had to compete against early on.
But wouldnt it then make more sense to have him play more in his final year of elc. Over a guy like puemple ,who has a year left on his:nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
But wouldnt it then make more sense to have him play more in his final year of elc. Over a guy like puemple ,who has a year left on his:nod:

Well he did get first call up over puemeple. He played 2 games and had one point.

Puempel came up and wasnt scoring but the team was playing well and started their run. Before the run Murray said he wanted to have Prince get more games and have Claessan and i think Robinson get some games too.

It can certainly be argued they just didnt want to change a winning formula. I mean that is what Luke Richardson said when addressing some of the players being called up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad