Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Murray said mid aged players.

Does it really matter if a player is young and producing versus mid aged and producing?

Karlsson2Turris*

In a perfect world we get Eberle (for a goalie + assets) and Sekera (5.5x5 free agency).

That would make us perennial contenders IMO

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
In a perfect world we get Eberle (for a goalie + assets) and Sekera (5.5x5 free agency).

That would make us perennial contenders IMO

the winger thing is a bit of an issue, if ryan or eberle are comfortable at LW and can play well at LW i would be behind that type of deal but it would make more sense to go after a LW already

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Eberle is a RW and Stone is better than him and Ryan is our big winger. No room for Eberle.

Sekera will get more than 5x5 for sure.

I think it was fairly obvious that Murray said he was looking for middle aged players it was for experience: one of the reasons Montreal's bottom 6 was so much better than ours was that their fourth line were all good strong veterans while ours was just thrown together with the leftovers (and our third line had Pageau and Lazar, two very young players)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Eberle is a RW and Stone is better than him and Ryan is our big winger. No room for Eberle.

Sekera will get more than 5x5 for sure.

I think it was fairly obvious that Murray said he was looking for middle aged players it was for experience: one of the reasons Montreal's bottom 6 was so much better than ours was that their fourth line were all good strong veterans while ours was just thrown together with the leftovers (and our third line had Pageau and Lazar, two very young players)

Ryan has 2 years as a LW in the NHL. MacArthur has one or two years has a RW and Michalek has i think one year as a RW and prefers RW. Eberle to my knowlegde only plays RW .

Eliteprospects has Mac, Ryan and Mich as playing both wings well Eberle is just listed as Rw

If we did add Eberle i think its reasonable to think Ryan goes back to LW. He scored 30 twice as a left wing despite his preference to the right side

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sure you could make it work by shifting Ryan to the LW but why? Why not target a LW instead?

We have way too many righties on this team anyway, we need a another great leftie

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sure you could make it work by shifting Ryan to the LW but why? Why not target a LW instead?

We have way too many righties on this team anyway, we need a another great leftie

Take what you can get.

Not everyone is available or as good as eberle,

Not saying eberle is available though

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
honestly if we could move out some salary i would love to sign Sekera here.. 6 years 6 mil per is probably what we would have to give but still he'd be a great fit

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Seriously?

Yeah, although I understand the confusion. Let me explain.

Tanguay is coming off of a season in which he was unquestionably a top line player, and was definitely one of the few bright spots on the Avs this year. He would be our best LW, in my opinion, or at least our best offensively. If we could get him for a non-blue chip asset, he'd be a great pickup. Unfortunately, I doubt he would be available for anything less than our 1st this year, and that may not even be enough. Given his age and contract status (1yr remaining), I think Colorado just values him too highly - as much as I'd like to have him.

If you're questioning why I chose Tanguay, he's on a cheap contract and he plays a really professional and polished game. I think he'd be one of the more the ideal, yet still somewhat realistic player that we could add.

The Jangle Meister*

LW that seems to be available is Lucic, I would go for Schenn as well. I think if we target guys like this we have the pieces to get two good top 6 players. For an extremely elite guy we might have the assets to acquire one.

Schenn-Turris-Ryan
Lucic-Zibanejad-Stone

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Definitely would love Lucic or Schenn on this team.

I think we're gonna target a guy like Sharp though.

Chicago in cap issues and Sharp is premiere guy we'd probably look at nabbing. Excellent top 6 with lots of skill, leadership, top notch work ethic, 25-30 60+ point player, can excel on PP and shootouts and is mid-aged. Probably has another 2-3 great years and another couple very good years.

He's also a LW.

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-DaCosta-Lazar
Condra-Pageau-Robinson

YE, I PUT DACOSTA DERE, SUE ME BOYS. DONT IT LOOK SEXY THO.

By the time Sharp moves on or regresses in couple years, Puempel/Hoffman replaces him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Chicago in cap issues and Sharp is premiere guy we'd probably look at nabbing. Excellent top 6 with lots of skill, leadership, top notch work ethic, 25-30 60+ point player, can excel on PP and shootouts and is mid-aged. Probably has another 2-3 great years and another couple very good years.

He's also a LW.

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-DaCosta-Lazar
Condra-Pageau-Robinson

By the time Sharp moves on or regresses in couple years, Puempel/Hoffman replaces him.

Pageau looks better on the third line then DaCosta (who i think won't be back..) Also Puempel is pretty much guaranteed a roster spot next year at this point..

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
The price would be way too high, but god damn I would love me some Ale Tanguay on this squad

I'm not sure about Tanguay's health and contract but he's a playmaking winger. Something Zibanejad and Ryan desperately need.

He's also a LW.

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-DaCosta-Lazar
Condra-Pageau-Robinson

10 RH shooters in that line up. Then we wonder why our pp is always circling the same way.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

He's also a LW.

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-DaCosta-Lazar
Condra-Pageau-Robinson

Honestly, Our lineup looks better without Da Costa, and Sharp doesn't fit in what Brian Murray wants, he's 34 and on the decline, I just don't think Murray will target a guy like that. In 2-3 years Sharp most probably won't be very good and the price to get him out of Chicago will likely not be worth it.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Condra (Shutdown line)
Puempel-Lazar-Robinson/Prince (Kid line)

I like that much better. I'd ather have Puempel in the lineup and let him grow into a top 6 forward rather than have Sharp. Pageau is stronger, plays harder, better defensively and much more effective on a bottom 6 than Da Softa.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Honestly, Our lineup looks better without Da Costa, and Sharp doesn't fit in what Brian Murray wants, he's 34 and on the decline, I just don't think Murray will target a guy like that. In 2-3 years Sharp most probably won't be very good and the price to get him out of Chicago will likely not be worth it.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Condra (Shutdown line)
Puempel-Lazar-Robinson/Prince (Kid line)

I like that much better. I'd ather have Puempel in the lineup and let him grow into a top 6 forward rather than have Sharp. Pageau is stronger, plays harder, better defensively and much more effective on a bottom 6 than Da Softa.

That bottom six could easily be a scoring black hole though. I think that Lazar should center Michalek and a RW with some skill on the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad