Proposal: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Everyone hated 2 years for phillips. What makes it worse is that phillips didnt even use an agent.

Lots of people hated Michaleks signing after he came back from testing FA
Really i didnt mind it tbh .A solid top 9 two way winger thats capable of 15 to 25 goals.He was again very useful this season ,as for phillips he looked fine earlier on this season.Filled in pretty good while Methot was out ,his back was probably bothering him .I could easily see him playing much better this season:nod:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This is kinda off the debate we were having but im curious...based on your viewings what did puempel do better then Prince? Prince looked like a catalysts when i saw them this year. I didnt notice him much last year.

Perhaps for some reason im being too harsh on Puempel for falling below my expectations

Prince is a flashier guy than Puempel, no doubt.

Puempel isn't as dynamic a skater, but I don't think Prince has a big edge there either.

Puempel is the smarter guy in the times I saw them together no doubt. He knows where to go on both the offensive and defensive side of things (he was on the PK when I watched) and opens himself up to get his shot off. He knows where to put the puck, and where his line-mates should be.

He is definitely not afraid of contact, and initiates it to get the puck and create room off the cycle.

When he was paired with a playmaker his first season, he was the most dangerous winger on the ice. No questions. (Not counting Stone as we know he was the best).

This season, he was not paired with a play maker, and he had to adjust his game. He had to carry the puck more, and create room for himself to get his shot off rather than find open ice. He was still the most dangerous winger on the ice (along with Prince) for the majority of the games I saw. His point totals don't reflect his play, or role whatsoever.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Really i didnt mind it tbh .A solid top 9 two way winger thats capable of 15 to 25 goals.He was again very useful this season ,as for phillips he looked fine earlier on this season.Filled in pretty good while Methot was out ,his back was probably bothering him .I could easily see him playing much better this season:nod:

Phillips did have a nice start with karlsson but then he quickly started playing atrociously. The advanced stats are staggering and it wasnt just that he was playing poorly its that karlsson was playing poorly when only lined up beside Phillips(pretty bad with cowen too)

Honestly i wouldnt be surprised if Phillips can be an average number 6-7 defender i'd just rather have Claessan or wideman fill that role

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well he did get first call up over puemeple. He played 2 games and had one point.

Puempel came up and wasnt scoring but the team was playing well and started their run. Before the run Murray said he wanted to have Prince get more games and have Claessan and i think Robinson get some games too.

It can certainly be argued they just didnt want to change a winning formula. I mean that is what Luke Richardson said when addressing some of the players being called up
Again ,i dont hate any of our farm kids .Iam just trying to take a realistic view of things ,there will be cuts in Bingo .I dont see Claesson or Prince getting 1 way deals atm ,but i could see them both on two way deals if they accept them :nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Again ,i dont hate any of our farm kids .Iam just trying to take a realistic view of things ,there will be cuts in Bingo .I dont see Claesson or Prince getting 1 way deals atm ,but i could see them both on two way deals if they accept them :nod:

I think you are slightly confused if you think Bingo will cut Prince and Claessan. Are you expecting Paul, Lindberg and Harper to be the best players on bingo right away?

If we "cut" Prince and Classaen we'll likely sign some career AHLers to take their place

Both are Rfas. I doubt Prince wants to go to europe and have his NHL rights retained by the sens.

I've heard Claessan would have interest in the SHL if he chose to leave NA.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Phillips did have a nice start with karlsson but then he quickly started playing atrociously. The advanced stats are staggering and it wasnt just that he was playing poorly its that karlsson was playing poorly when only lined up beside Phillips
Phillips days of being a 25 min a night guy are done ,but he can still be a valuable member of this team .Lets see how he looks after he has had this offseason back surgury done.He may still surprise people on how good a defensman he still is:nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think you are slightly confused if you think Bingo will cut Prince and Claessan. Are you expecting Paul, Lindberg and Harper to be the best players on bingo right away?

If we "cut" Prince and Classaen we'll likely sign some career AHLers to take their place

Both are Rfas. I doubt Prince wants to go to europe and have his NHL rights retained by the sens.

I've heard Claessan would have interest in the SHL if he chose to leave NA.
Sorry not cut just not resigned,as for the rest .I dont know what we have in the next wave .But they are going to get their time to develop just as prince and Claesson have had .Bingo is being restocked,and moves need to be made there as well just like with our nhl club

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sorry not cut just not resigned,as for the rest .I dont know what we have in the next wave .But they are going to get their time to develop just as prince and Claesson have had .Bingo is being restocked,and moves need to be made there as well just like with our nhl club

That's the same thing.

That doesn't happen to guys like Prince.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sorry not cut just not resigned,as for the rest .I dont know what we have in the next wave .But they are going to get their time to develop just as prince and Claesson have had .Bingo is being restocked:nod:

Ottawa had like 4-5 players that might be heading to bingo from the CHL. Probably a few college players.

Most the players that are leaving are career ahlers. Guys who are like 25, 26, 27.

Teams rarely let go 22 year olds when they are the best players on the AHL team. Those players typically are still within prospect age.

Lets also remember that lots of people saw Prince as a potential first round talent too. he fell... i dont really no why alothough some people specualate it was because it was hard to tell who was the catalyst in Ottawa

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok ok Prince will be resigned leave me alone :cry::cry:I have never said for certain either way,i only said it could happen and i wouldnt be surprised:laugh:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Phillips days of being a 25 min a night guy are done ,but he can still be a valuable member of this team .Lets see how he looks after he has had this offseason back surgury done.He may still surprise people on how good a defensman he still is:nod:

I would like to see you justify this.

I do not see Phillips playing any role in this team other than retiring and maybe be a "Jason Smith" for us. Guys like Claesson and Wideman are more deserving of the 7th/8th roles.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would like to see you justify this.

I do not see Phillips playing any role in this team other than retiring and maybe be a "Jason Smith" for us. Guys like Claesson and Wideman are more deserving of the 7th/8th roles.
Back issues ,can make anyone look bad .Iam remaining positive ,that this issue was a major cause from him being decent, to begin the year. To falling into Mike Commodore terrritory:laugh:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Calgary is the longest drought. No trades in almost two decades :cry:

Montreal is indeed the fewest. The Dackell trade is the only one. You just knew the answer would be in our division.

Answers to number 3 are: Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Chicago, and NYR. NYR is the weird one because almost all of the trades are 1993-95 and are minor "future considerations" swaps. The only significant deal was for Greg de Vries.

Another interesting piece of trivia, looks like this season was the this was the first one we've played without making a single in-season deal.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Michalek and Phillips were brutal signings. Never should have happened.

Michalek is a floater, so overrated on defensive side of things and gives you 30 points but normally off the backs of stellar play by his teammates. When's last time you were like, "damn, Michalek playing well offensively while his linemates not" *BUZZER* that's right, never.

Btw, watching the Caps and NYR game, we ain't going anywhere with Wiercioch in top 4 role. The guy is slow as hell compared to others and you need fast defenders in this day and age unless you're stellar defensively and physically. Both of which Wier isn't.

Move on from the guy and trade him while value very high(i think lols).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Michalek is a floater, so overrated on defensive side of things and gives you 30 points but normally off the backs of stellar play by his teammates. When's last time you were like, "damn, Michalek playing well offensively while his linemates not" *BUZZER* that's right, never.

Btw, watching the Caps and NYR game, we ain't going anywhere with Wiercioch in top 4 role. The guy is slow as hell compared to others and you need fast defenders in this day and age unless you're stellar defensively and physically. Both of which Wier isn't.

That was clear a long time ago lol

Michaleks signature isn't as bad as you make it to be. He's a very reliable veteran presence, he's good defensively, and he did play well this season even when he was in the bottom 6. If he can be replaced? Sure, but he's still a serviceable player and he brings depth and can play top 6 in case of injuries. I'm sure we could trade him too, he's a player a team like Pitsburgh could like since the price/assets to give up to get him would be cheap.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
A Caps fan posted in the trade forums wanting to get rid of Brouwer and Laich, would anyone be opposed to exchanging contracts with them?

Brouwer
Laich

for

Legwand
Michalek
Greening

Give us some other options on the PK, a little more sandpaper and potential 25G scorer in Brouwer.

Instantly done.

Hoff-Zib-Ryan
Mac-Turr-Stone
Puempel-JGP-Lazar
Smith/Condra-Laich-Brouwer

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

Yes, Milo is such a burden on this team.

I can think of 13.137M of dead weight we have on our team not including an honest, hard working winger who is a good defensive player (despite what you say, he is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad