Pre-Game Talk: 2014-2015 Schedule Thread (Released 6/22 at 3 PM CT)

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007
Hockeystreams is best streams.

I second this. I was surprised by how good the quality is. I wasn't expecting 720p quality streams but that's what you get. It's also nice being able to pay month to month or or 3 or 6 month subscriptions. Occasionally the stream will go screwy but changing servers and/or feeds usually fixes it. Overall worth the money and way better than gamecenter. Also nice if you have a streaming box like I do instead of wasting money on cable. I have a Roku but it works on other devices too.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
More responses than I thought :D

Thanks to everyone! :yo:

That definitly helps me, I almost thought I'm stranded, good thing is I will most likely move again just before the season starts. Then I won't have to share my internet with the whole apartment complex anymore :)

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Either GC or HS would be great for you. I'd have to do it if I lived out of state. Both can be watched on your TV in HD.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
NBC line ups released. For Dallas...
January 4th, @ Chicago, 7:00 PM
February 22nd, @ Minnesota, 7:00 PM
March 1st, vs Anaheim, 7:00 PM
April 8th, @ Anaheim, 9:30 PM (double header night)

All on NBCSN. No NBC games, again.
So normally something like this wouldn't phase me. I'm so used to the Stars being ignored that this thought almost didn't register.

But why aren't the Stars being promoted heavily nationally in the US based around Tyler Seguin?

I can't help but compare him favorably to Crosby when it comes to a media perspective.

Seguin has an actual personality that would resonate with young people, yet is still well-spoken and stays out of trouble. Telegenic. He's one of the best players in the league and electrifying to watch. He plays in a far larger/more important to the league's future market than Crosby. He's not a threat to miss huge chunks of the season. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
So normally something like this wouldn't phase me. I'm so used to the Stars being ignored that this thought almost didn't register.

But why aren't the Stars being promoted heavily nationally in the US based around Tyler Seguin?

I can't help but compare him favorably to Crosby when it comes to a media perspective.

Seguin has an actual personality that would resonate with young people, yet is still well-spoken and stays out of trouble. Telegenic. He's one of the best players in the league and electrifying to watch. He plays in a far larger/more important to the league's future market than Crosby. He's not a threat to miss huge chunks of the season. What am I missing here?

He's not the best player in the world.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't. Dallas isn't suddenly going to start drawing Buffalo numbers on national TV with another good season.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I don't. Dallas isn't suddenly going to start drawing Buffalo numbers on national TV with another good season.

If Benn and Seguin can have another career year, along with Val breaking out and a Spezza extension, I can see it happening. If you add a solid year with Hemsky, Goli and one of our rookies (Ritchie, Klingberg, Oleksiak) and maybe adding a top 4 dman by the start of the 15/16 season then why not?

Also I don't think thats entirely a lot. Benn and Seguin can very well have career years, or match their season last year. The probability of Val having a breakout year along with a solid year from Hemsky, Goli, Kari and one of our rookies is not too far of a reach at all. And Nil seems to be confident in getting Spezza to stay. As for the top 4 dman, it's a stretch but I wouldn't be too surprised if it happens by the start of the 15/16 season.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What were the ratings like compared to the rest of the league back in 1997-2003?

My gut says that Dallas can draw solid ratings if they're a good team consistently. Even more of a chance if the team scores a lot of goals.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm going to piggyback on TestGrave's question about streaming. Are either GC or HS in HD? And are either/both of them available outside of USA? I'm ok to pay for a stream when I'm in Korea, but I don't want to pay if it's blocked in foreign countries or if the quality is really low.

Another option that I don't really want to bank on is using an extension like Hola that lets me use netflix when abroad.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I'm going to piggyback on TestGrave's question about streaming. Are either GC or HS in HD? And are either/both of them available outside of USA? I'm ok to pay for a stream when I'm in Korea, but I don't want to pay if it's blocked in foreign countries or if the quality is really low.

Another option that I don't really want to bank on is using an extension like Hola that lets me use netflix when abroad.

HS is wherever you want whenever you want in HD, with a good internet connection you should be good. I have never used GC.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Much appreciated. Is there just one HS "package"? I haven't looked into it much.

You can buy HS for a day, a week, a month etc. depending on how you like to roll. Buying for a longer period will make it cheaper (surprise surprise). Plus you get AHL & junior league games too.

I've used GCL for year now (in Finland). Works just great. Streams are HD and can't recall any dysfunctions. Sometimes when games are on national TV, games will have blackouts (requires some playing around with proxies).

HS for a year is $109 and GCL (in Europe) for the year is $99.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Much appreciated. Is there just one HS "package"? I haven't looked into it much.

Here is the following packages: one day for 7.49 USD, one week for 12.99 USD, one month for 17.99 USD, 3 months for 47.99 USD, 6 months for 69.99 USD and 1 year for 109.99 USD.

Included prices while I were at it.

Edit: One more thing. On Modano night I asked if they could show the retirement ceremony, I got hold of a admin fairly quickly and he made sure they streamed it. The two occasions I have had contact with the admins they have been great.

They also streamed the World Cup and some WWE and UFC PPV, if you are into that. Plus AHL and CHL games as Jorkkila said.

Last edited:

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006

You mean his wild party lifestyle personality? No one would want the youth watching the games to emulate him. That's clearly why the league doesn't use him.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
National promotion strategies should really have little or nothing to do with local market ratings.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Here is the following packages: one day for 7.49 USD, one week for 12.99 USD, one month for 17.99 USD, 3 months for 47.99 USD, 6 months for 69.99 USD and 1 year for 109.99 USD.

Included prices while I were at it.

Edit: One more thing. On Modano night I asked if they could show the retirement ceremony, I got hold of a admin fairly quickly and he made sure they streamed it. The two occasions I have had contact with the admins they have been great.

They also streamed the World Cup and some WWE and UFC PPV, if you are into that. Plus AHL and CHL games as Jorkkila said.

You mean his wild party lifestyle personality? No one would want the youth watching the games to emulate him. That's clearly why the league doesn't use him.

Good stuff, thanks guys!

MetalGodAOD*

National promotion strategies should really have little or nothing to do with local market ratings.

Shouldn't sure, but that's not how NBC operates. They're going for ratings, not growing the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad