2014-2015 schedule discussion

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I thought I'd make this thread for us to talk about the games we're excited for or anything to do with next years schedule. Teams today and the past few days have been releasing their pre-season schedule, but nothing has been done for the Canucks yet. The full schedule is supposed to be out tomorrow afternoon.

metric

May 6, 2010
Opener in Calgary October 8th. Home opener against Edmonton October 11th.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Most desirable and expensive games will be Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston and Los Angeles (probably in that order).

Least desirable games will probably be Buffalo, Florida, NY Islanders, Carolina, Arizona and Nashville (probably again in that order).

I personally am looking forward to our series against Colorado. To me, that was one of our greatest rivalries ever. In the Naslund years I remember having an insane pacific division rivalry with them. Patrick Roy has created a fierce team. Hopefully we can piss them off and create another rivalry. Except, this time, no bertuzzi-moore incident please.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Im hoping for lots of Wednesday Friday Saturday and Sunday games. I have to give up GameCenter this year. Hopefully there are lots of nationally televised games.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
And another year where we start play on October 8 and the season tediously goes into mid June.

Why October 1 isn't the season opener every year is beyond me.

Antidote

Jun 8, 2007
Victoria, BC
Does anyone have the inside scoop on the Penticton YoungStars tournament? The teams/dates/times were out in early June last year but nada so far this year.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Canucks 2014-15 Schedule

Well, here 'tis guys.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=van

Highlights include:

Jan 8 vs. Florida
Nov 6, 8, 9 @ SJ, ANA, LA
7-game Eastern road swing from Nov. 28 - Dec. 9
Longest home stand is a 6 gamer from Jan 27 - Feb. 7

Our first 3 games are against the Alberta teams, and interestingly enough, we have a 6-day break between games 2 and 3, meaning we will only play 3 times in the first 11 days of the season.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Important dates for Canucks:

Oct 6th - Season opener vs CGY
Oct 8th - Home opener vs EDM
Jan 8th - Luongo returns to VAN
Feb 13th - Big Bad B's come to town
Feb 7th - Crosby comes to town

Let's go!

metric

May 6, 2010
As long as I didn't miss any, the only two that aren't national are the Kings on March 21 and Jets on April 4. The rest are on CBC or HNIC.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2&team=VAN&network=&venue=

Looks like we r gonna have a tough early start through December

although we get CGY and 2 EDM games early
we'll have 10/16 road games from Oct 21~Nov 9
including 3 road games followed by 4 straight tough road games @ COL SJS LAK & ANA
later on, 7 straight road games [the longest] through Eastern teams from Nov 28~Dec 9 ouch
(@ CLB DET WAS PIT TOR OTT MON)
and then strings of 3-6 home and away games...
longest home stretch = 6 straight home games from Jan 27~Feb 7 (VS ANA BUF MIN WIN SJS PIT)

and of course last game of the season = vs EDM.....ughhhhh again!!
any notable games i can think of
Florida @ VAN on Jan 19...return of Luo?

Last edited:

Imuzi

Viaduct Villains
Mar 18, 2012
Representin' the COQ
Leafs in town right around my birthday. I know what I'll be doing...

Also can't believe that it took them almost 8 seasons to make it so every team plays each other home and away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad