Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
yeah thats what i was saying when i saw the goal...just horrendous defensive positioning...and he had his stick up in the air...that's just....no...NO...hell in my beer league i'd scream at one of my guys if they had their stick up in the air protecting the back side like that. just horrendous defense.

bad.

just bad.

didnt even make an attempt to stick check or even body the guy. moved his head and made some weird pseudo slowmo slap shot move thing...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
From all that I've seen and read, he likes getting dirty and has no problem playing a physical game. And his on ice work ethic is off the charts, he's always fighting off checks and protecting the puck against much bigger players.

I think I've said it before. Buchnevich is not afraid to get physical himself and also has a bit of an agitator in him. If someone tries to get dirty, he will not hesitate to embarrass them.

Great to hear.

awesome

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
well then we agree. i said perhaps our best skater.

i actually think kreider is the fastest straight line skater in the organization. his top end is downright filthy and hes so big, which makes it even more freakish. he really is dangerous.

duclaire has impressive wheels and is one of our fastest prospects without question. jesper can motor too.

we certainly have speed on the wings.

but buchnevich is, imo, our best skater overall.

id disagree with that. id say Hagelin is probably our best overall skater. Freakish straight ahead speed, just about on par with Kreider, and hes about the most agile player in the NHL, his stops, starts, and ability to change directions is downright incredible.

he doesnt have the hands that the top level players do, but i cant think of any skater in the nhl who has his combination of speed and agility.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
well then we agree. i said perhaps our best skater.

i actually think kreider is the fastest straight line skater in the organization. his top end is downright filthy and hes so big, which makes it even more freakish. he really is dangerous.

duclaire has impressive wheels and is one of our fastest prospects without question. jesper can motor too.

we certainly have speed on the wings.

but buchnevich is, imo, our best skater overall.

It's not even Kreider's top end that's impressive, he has great acceleration for such a big player. He causes a ton of turnovers in the offensive zone because he can track down defensemen or forwards on the boards so quickly and get on top of them before they can move the puck.

He's not the best east/west guy but he is an amazing north/south skater

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
id disagree with that. id say Hagelin is probably our best overall skater. Freakish straight ahead speed, just about on par with Kreider, and hes about the most agile player in the NHL, his stops, starts, and ability to change directions is downright incredible.

he doesnt have the hands that the top level players do, but i cant think of any skater in the nhl who has his combination of speed and agility.

ya id go along with that. you make a good case.

i guess if you add a stick and puck and shooting to the equation, then buchnevich is the guy.

skating alone, prob carl hagelin is the best pure skater of the bunch.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's not even Kreider's top end that's impressive, he has great acceleration for such a big player. He causes a ton of turnovers in the offensive zone because he can track down defensemen or forwards on the boards so quickly and get on top of them before they can move the puck.

He's not the best east/west guy but he is an amazing north/south skater

Forwards need north-south more, defensemen need east-west more.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
man teams must be kicking themselves passing duclair and buch. We gave 3 picks away yet we may end up better with those 2 and hayes

I wish people could hold their horses on Duclair. How many junior-stars have we seen in the mid-rounds that never panned out? Many.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I wish people could hold their horses on Duclair. How many junior-stars have we seen in the mid-rounds that never panned out? Many.
i wish other people would calm down and understand its ok to be excited about prospects doing well. By the way i never said duclair was a given

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Damn. Buchnevich is on fire. Might be time to get him in the prospect pool in my keeper league... Great start. If he can keep this up, I think he instantly becomes a top-3 prospect in our system, if not #1.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Had to go back and look at that other goal, it was the same exact score and another one-timer, but not quite the same. My bad.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder how much of this is due to the fact that he spent most of the summer in NJ training very hard. He looks like he took a big step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad