Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion | Stauffer: Slepyshev NOT KHL re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
No sht

Whoever made that pick should be fired. Not even joking.

I know its only a 5th.. but jesus christ.. at least pick someone who has SOMETHING going for them. I hate to pile on the kid.. but come on.

Could have picked Tkachev

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Anyone else interested in having Tkachev listed here? I know I am.

Not particularly, he's not in the system and it's easy to look him up to see his progress. Plus I'd rather not have to deal with that salt in the wounds everytime I come to this thread ;).

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Anton Slepyshev with a goal, an assist and 5 shots in only 10 minutes of ice time as Salavat Yulaev hammered Amur 7-2.

Lots of Oilers prospects in action tonight.

Also most of our College prospects kick off their years tonight.

Junior Guys
Marco Roy Quebec 5:00
Kevin Bouchard Valdor 5:30
Kyle Platzer Owen Sound 5:30
Greg Chase Calgary 7:00
Jackson Houck Van 8:00
Liam Coughlin Vernon 8:00
Ben Betker Everett 8:30

College Guys
Evan Campbell UMass-Lowell 5:15
Aidan Muir Western Michigan 5:30
Tyler Vessel Neb-Omaha 6:30

I try to give insight and stay as connected as possible to the Oikers prospects on twitter if that is something that interests you follow me on Twitter @MozesMadness

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Tyler Vesel -2 in 5-3 win over Minnesota State
Evan Campbell 1G E 2S 50%FO 2 PIM in 5-2 upset win over BC
Aidan Muir 1A -1 1S in 4-2 loss to Canisius

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to give us these updates.

I know we don't always say it... but it is really appreciated as it's nice to keep tabs on everyone in the pipeline.

SchultzSquared*

Great updates for sure...

I am the first to call him not an NHL player... but Platzer quietly 7th in OHL scoring... ahead of Remie Elie who was on his line in draft year... DAL chose him in 2nd round... we got Platzer much later obviously... looking like a good pick even if he is not a regular top nine guy or any thing

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Two assists for Aidan Muir in his first two NCAA games.

Pretty encouraging for a 19 year old freshman and a guy who was playing midget a couple seasons ago.

He's up to 6'4'' 212lbs too.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chase with 2 assists and 6 sog tonight. Im willing to bet with Virtanen gone Chase is being keyed on by other teams top lines so that could be a reason for his slow start

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Evan Campbell starting off the year very strong. Three goals and an assist in three games to start the year. It should be noted that to start the year he has been playing exclusively at centre. The River Hawks have him listed at 6'1 195 but from the video I've seen he looks bigger. He plays a very aggressive two-way game and has shown nice touch around the net. Very encouraging stuff from a prospect who has been written off by many on these boards.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Evan Campbell starting off the year very strong. Three goals and an assist in three games to start the year. It should be noted that to start the year he has been playing exclusively at centre. The River Hawks have him listed at 6'1 195 but from the video I've seen he looks bigger. He plays a very aggressive two-way game and has shown nice touch around the net. Very encouraging stuff from a prospect who has been written off by many on these boards.

Nice.

I don't know if it was ice time or a lightbulb went on, but he started to show up on the scoresheet quite a bit about half way through last season.

SchultzSquared*

Jackson Houck with a hatrick and a pair of assists.

Good for Houck... our forgotten prospect seems like... and a better bet IMO to be something even over a Platzer or Roy...had more PIM half way through his last campaign than Platzer has his entire CHL career... Houck can play the game any way you want it played... perfect bottom six winger

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
If it interests you, Cody Nickolet (@DubFromAbove) is tracking all the lines and pairings in the WHL here. Could be useful.

For the Oilers prospects:
#9 Karnaukhov (97) – #19 Tambellini (94) – #25 Chase (95)
#39 Hamilton (94) – #42 Popoff (95) – #27 Houck (95)*
#5 Betker (94) – #3 Juulsen (97)*

Last edited:

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
If it interests you, Cody Nickolet (@DubFromAbove) is tracking all the lines and pairings in the WHL here. Could be useful.

For the Oilers prospects:
#9 Karnaukhov (97) – #19 Tambellini (94) – #25 Chase (95)
#39 Hamilton (94) – #42 Popoff (95) – #27 Houck (95)*
#5 Betker (94) – #3 Juulsen (97)*

Karnaukhov who plays on Chase's line is an interesting guy, big, skilled guy who's got 5 goals in 8 games so far coming over from Russia. Hopefully Oilers take notice.

SchultzSquared*

Nurse was -2 and SSM loses 6-4 to Erie.. you would think he had a bad game.. but no he was tasked to shut down McDavid (who else???)... he did so wonderfully... Connor McPhenom held to 1 G... his first single point game since first game of the season... Nurse also added a PPG.. so successful night and good first two games back... 2 GP 3 pts...

Pietrangelo is the guy I compare him to... in his 20 year old season Pietrangelo had 9 G 20 A 29 pts in 25 GP... he was also +20... so 1.2 PPG is what we want to see from Nurse

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Nurse was -2 and SSM loses 6-4 to Erie.. you would think he had a bad game.. but no he was tasked to shut down McDavid (who else???)... he did so wonderfully... Connor McPhenom held to 1 G... his first single point game since first game of the season... Nurse also added a PPG.. so successful night and good first two games back... 2 GP 3 pts...

Pietrangelo is the guy I compare him to... in his 20 year old season Pietrangelo had 9 G 20 A 29 pts in 25 GP... he was also +20... so 1.2 PPG is what we want to see from Nurse

It's worth mentioning that McJesus' goal was an empty netter. Great night for Nurse.

Update coming next week.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I see Big Bog and Dillon Simpson had their first AHL goals today. Klefbom has another assist.

They're up 4-1 on the Texas Stars in the second period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad