2014-2015 Coyotes/NHL Prediction Thread

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
You guys sound worse than what was posted before the '11-'12 season started, so I like our chances based on all the preseason negative responses!

I'd love to read that thread.

Seriously tho, we probably won't be very good, but the fact that no one ever gives this team a chance might be all that we need to make the playoffs.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'll pick the subject that I feel will cause the most outrage early on.

Domi plays 9 of first 15 Coyote games.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
-9th place.

-Ribiero sleeps with some ho, which quickly results in his wife taking his kids and leaving. He crawls into a bottle and/or pipe and drags Nashville down to 10th with poor play and locker room distraction.

-The internet collectively wrings its hands about the attendance in Phoenix.

-Vrbata becomes Vancouver's scapegoat, when he disappears for 5-10 game stretches after New Years.

-The "Everybody Clap Your Hands" bit is played 62 times at the Job. It is played between 2,000 and 2,100 times league-wide, including playoffs.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That's 49gp, 33 healthy scratch pace for the season. Haha. So, it sounds about right.

GP different prediction. I just think Domi will be scratched early on more frequently. I still think he plays 60-65 games.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
-Vrbata becomes Vancouver's scapegoat, when he disappears for 5-10 game stretches after New Years.
I'll predict that the first Vrbata-back-to-Arizona trade proposal appears on 3 Feb 15.
-The "Everybody Clap Your Hands" bit is played 62 times at the Job. It is played between 2,000 and 2,100 times league-wide, including playoffs.
Talk all the **** you want about Ribeiro, but leave DJ Casper out of it! :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'd love to read that thread.

Seriously tho, we probably won't be very good, but the fact that no one ever gives this team a chance might be all that we need to make the playoffs.

In 2011-2012, more of a concern was about having to face Detroit again in the playoffs and others were screaming more "Anyone but the Red Wings" than anything else.

YotesAreTheBest*

IT's too early for all of these predictions. I believe that Maloney isn't done making moves. Predictions should start the night before the first game, when we pretty much know the roster...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
IT's too early for all of these predictions. I believe that Maloney isn't done making moves. Predictions should start the night before the first game, when we pretty much know the roster...

If the likes of Lessio, Rieder, and Domi can outshine the likes of Klinkhammer, and Moss for top nine winger spots, I think we won't bother trading for another top line winger. If those three youngsters fail to properly establish themselves in the top nine at camp, I think we may look to make some moves.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
If the likes of Lessio, Rieder, and Domi can outshine the likes of Klinkhammer, and Moss for top nine winger spots, I think we won't bother trading for another top line winger. If those three youngsters fail to properly establish themselves in the top nine at camp, I think we may look to make some moves.

Chances of that many rookie forwards making an impact is just about nil, on a Tippett coached team. I would just be happy if Domi + Gagner together will get more ice time than Moss + Crombeen combined.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey guys, just wanting to let you know that I hope the Coyotes make the playoffs this year. The central got really strong, so hopefully you guys can fight for a wildcard spot.

My favorite games to go to are the playoff games; those are the best because the atmosphere is great. I wish you well :).

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Bump

Let's look back.

Oct 21, Nashville TN. Hanzal checks Ribeiro through the boards. As Ribeiro's body gains momentum he begins to accelerate enough to take flight. His uncontrollable flying body begins to curve upwards, breaking through the foundation of the Bridgestone Arena. As he continues skyrocketing he eventually breaks through the earth's gravitational pull and is lost in space. Shocking no one, he is reunited with his wife as they begin to orbit Uranus.

ygs0d.gif

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
1. Coyotes miss the playoffs, receive 9th overall pick in next year's draft.
Almost true
2. No one on the Coyotes eclipses 20 goals this season.
Not True but not far off
3. Yandle leads the team in scoring once again.
Not true but probably would have been if not traded
4. Dave Moss plays more minutes on average than Max Domi.
Yes, absolutely did happen
5. The powerplay and penalty kill is in the bottom third of the league.
True
6. Martin Hanzal plays in 65 games or less.
Marty broke again this year
7. Tyson Nash manages to say "Are you kidding me?" at least once every telecast.
This is to predictable to be a prediction

I added ^^^^

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How many people would have predicted that L.A. and Boston would miss the playoffs this year? Anyone up for Chicago and NY missing next year? This is what is great about the NHL, anything can happen. This could be kind of Karma for L.A. In their Stanley cup year, they finished 8th on the very last day. Last year, they were down 3-0, I think to the sharks, and came back to win the series, go all the way.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I'll bite.

ck's Slightly Less Pessimistic 2015 Predictions

1. Yandle leads the team in scoring again Was leading the team before he was traded. Finished tied with Gagner and behind only OEL.
2. Boedker gets 25 goals On pace for about 27 before the injury.
3. Sam Gagner more than replaces Ribeiro, and somebody follows through on Obi Won Maloney screen name change Gagner was 3rd / 2nd on the team in scoring so not bad but he never looked like first-half Ribeiro
4. Doan fights once, Domi once and Crombeen six times Doan had 3 and Crombeen 9
5. Devan Dubnyk is really good and gets a multi-year deal from not us after this season. G'affe was lights-out for us and he's about to get paid. That's a hit.
6. We make the playoffs but get bounced in the first round Not even close
7. The Coyotes Facebook page will continue to not be entertaining Check
8. By November, we all grudgingly accept that Dave Moss isn’t the worst human being in Arizona I feel like BJ Crombeen, Mike Smith and Kyle Chipchura all gave him a run for his money. Call this an "incomplete" until the dust settles for a few months
9. Tricia shows up the arena in referee’s outfit twice ... once?
10. Sarah McLellan continues to turn down my romantic advances; seriously, what is twitter for if not hitting on local pseudo-celebrities? Still won't call me back :(
11. The in-game music in the arena remains at "9" when we really just need it at, like, a "5" Music and in-game entertainment/presentation was much improved this year. Good work, Guy Who Does That
12. I make the NJD/NYI/NYR/BOS road trip, have beer spilled on me three times and am challenged to one fight Nope. Stupid work :(
13. We draft another pro hockey son in the first round of 2015 ... McDavid's dad played pro hockey, right? :biglaugh: TBD

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
GP different prediction. I just think Domi will be scratched early on more frequently. I still think he plays 60-65 games.

I missed on this and I actually put money on this team to make the playoffs. If you miss you might as well miss big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad