2014-2015 Central Division Standings

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I always laughed at all the fanbases that were excited about getting Stastny, especially Toronto.

He was never going to go to a worse team than he was already on, and no other team was really going to be able to entice him as much as the Blues were. I was never concerned about anyone else other than Colorado. When he hit the market and seemed like he was leaving the Avs, we had it in the bag. Nashville didn't have many connections to him despite what they wanted to believe.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Of all the Blues centers to criticize....you'd think they would be all over Lehterä. If this team pans out like management envisions.....there will be a whole lot of butt hurt.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Blues/Chicago
Blues/Chicago
Dallas
Nashville(off the board here, but I have a feeling they will be much better than people are willing to give them credit for)
Colorado
Minny
Winnipeg

Man Winnipeg got screwed in this realignment.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues should fight with Chicago all year for the top spot. We have to see just how good the goaltenders play. I'd guess The Blues might edge out Chicago in the regular season. But will they be able to beat them in a 7-game series?

Colorado should be 3rd, Minnesota 4th, Dallas 5th, Nashville 6th and my home town, Winnipeg 7th.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
As wild fan please don't put them first. No way that happens. Also the wild defense is better than people give them credit it for (7th in goals against and no it is not all Suter or the two way forwards). Yes Vanek is an upgrade over Moulson. I would put them behind Dallas and ahead of Nashville. I really don't know who to pick for first and Second between The Blues and The Hawks.

3.Dallas
4.Minnesota
5.Nashville
(I think these three could be interchangeable too)
I really don't care where the wild are as long as they make the playoffs and are a good possession team.

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Believe it or not the division discussion on the Avs forum is the most intelligent.

Actually think the DAL guys have some of the sharpest posters on a % basis. MIN and COL have some great guys, but their salient commentary is diluted by the sheer quantity of delusional folks, MIN particularly. CHI's forum continues to get worse as they keep doing well...

OT: Pretty clearly a race between you guys and CHI for the Central crown; 3-6 spots will be a brawl though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Which isn't surprising. Same thing will happen here if we get the Cup.

Hell, it's already happened here during the season when we started doing well and making the playoffs.

Yep, I missed the days when we sucked. Especially at games, now I have to deal with obnoxious drunks that don't really care about the game.

CaseyJones

Jul 17, 2014
Yep, I missed the days when we sucked. Especially at games, now I have to deal with obnoxious drunks that don't really care about the game.

I don't miss when we sucked. I, for one, am glad we have ownership that actually cares about the team and is taking the initiative to build a hockey team to be proud of again. Stillman is the best thing that happened to this club since Al MacInnis.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would miss those days. I don't think he was fully serious, but I don't care about obnoxious drunks at the game. As long as the atmosphere is loud and into the game, it's fine with me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I wasn't being completely serious, but at times I do miss when it was only the hardcore fans following the team. I'd still much rather have what we have now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Meh, I just want as many fans as possible so we can sell out games and generate revenue.

If we start approaching Blackhawks/Kings bandwagon fan territory, then yeah I'll likely agree with you. But for now it's not too bad.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That is why I cannot root for a team if I live in the city. Fair-weather fans and giant homers slowly make me dislike the team. It sucks not getting local coverage of the games or being able to catch a home game more than once a year if that. But it is definitely balanced by not seeing empty stadiums when we lose and people claiming to be giant Blues fans but don't know who Demitra is. The 3 years I lived in St. Louis and rooted for the Blues were very tough.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That is why I cannot root for a team if I live in the city. Fair-weather fans and giant homers slowly make me dislike the team. It sucks not getting local coverage of the games or being able to catch a home game more than once a year if that. But it is definitely balanced by not seeing empty stadiums when we lose and people claiming to be giant Blues fans but don't know who Demitra is. The 3 years I lived in St. Louis and rooted for the Blues were very tough.
This is kind of happening with me and the Cardinals. The baseball obsession in this town is too much to handle.

I love the Blues too much for that to ever happen, but I definitely see what you're saying.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Right there with you. It's annoying.
Especially when most of the people act like huge fans of the Cardinals when in reality they probably don't know more than 5 players.

Also the constant need to remind everyone that this is "Baseball Heaven" with the best fans in the game is absolutely nauseating.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
This is kind of happening with me and the Cardinals. The baseball obsession in this town is too much to handle.

I love the Blues too much for that to ever happen, but I definitely see what you're saying.

It certainly hasn't helped that national media has pumped our ( the cardinals fanbase) tires so much recently. I can't remember the last time I watched a national broadcast where some mention about how "great Cardinals fans are" or "STL is near the top of every players favorite places to play." It's like being a Cardinal fan makes you more "St. Louis" somehow locally. It was cool at first to hear all this great stuff about our market, which is usually brushed over, but it is absurd now.

EDIT- Thought this was the OT thread :laugh: Anyway I think we come in second behind Chicago, with some conglomeration of DAL/MIN/COL following then NSH and WIN bringing up the rear.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm never going to start to dislike the team because of the fair-weather fans, but I guarantee you, that I will act like an elitist towards them. Just amongst my friends, it's ridiculous how many "fans" I am friends with because when we were in school together, they couldn't even name a handful of players.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Especially when most of the people act like huge fans of the Cardinals when in reality they probably don't know more than 5 players.

Also the constant need to remind everyone that this is "Baseball Heaven" with the best fans in the game is absolutely nauseating.

So true. I like the Cardinals, but I can't stand "Cardinal Nation".

Back to the topic, it seems like the Minnesota fans are probably the most down on the Blues.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So true. I like the Cardinals, but I can't stand "Cardinal Nation".

Back to the topic, it seems like the Minnesota fans are probably the most down on the Blues.

More than Nashville fans who said we hadn't improved at all?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone said we'd take a step back this season. Like...what? Seriously...?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well we will see what Minnesota fans think at the end of the season when they might have beaten us once all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad