2014-2015 Central Division Standings

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So...A lot of you, were leery how Dallas played us last year, and were a team that could really do some damage to the Pacific Cali teams, but they get a lot more dangerous offensively this season, and you aren't sweating them. I guess I don't understand, that train of thought. A large majority of you didn't want to draw Dallas in the first round, and even thought they might get through Anaheim, but now that they got much more offensively potent it ain't no big thing?

They really didn't get that much better offensively, and they got worse defensively. When it seemed like the Blues were going to win the division, I was obviously hoping to draw Minnesota because we are a matchup nightmare for Minnesota and would've dispatched them easily. I was not the least bit fearful that Dallas would knock the Blues out of the playoffs and I'm still not. They should be very good offensively, and terrible defensively as I've pointed out earlier. That doesn't scare me at all as a Blues fan. The Blues have a similar offense, and a VASTLY superior defense. They won't challenge for the division.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
They really didn't get that much better offensively, and they got worse defensively. When it seemed like the Blues were going to win the division, I was obviously hoping to draw Minnesota because we are a matchup nightmare for Minnesota and would've dispatched them easily. I was not the least bit fearful that Dallas would knock the Blues out of the playoffs and I'm still not. They should be very good offensively, and terrible defensively as I've pointed out earlier. That doesn't scare me at all as a Blues fan. The Blues have a similar offense, and a VASTLY superior defense. They won't challenge for the division.

Dallas shouldn't scare us. The Blues and Chicago are easily the cream of the crop of the Central. Any other 1-2 is silly unless you think those two will hold back in the regular season. I was defending Dallas passing Colorado who lost Stasny and Paranteau (not a huge loss, but better than Briere), didn't fix their defensive issues and are coming off of a surprise year where they played above their heads. I am only scared of 3 teams in the entire NHL: Chicago, LA and Anaheim. We'll see what Boston does to fix their cap situation, an they could be the 4th. We lose to anyone else, they better have had the hottest goaltender ever. If not the entire organization from Armstrong to the beer vendors should be fired.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
So, people think Chicago is going to have a better season than last year when they finished 3rd in the division?

For a few reasons:

No Stanley Cup hangover
Richards is far better than both Bollig and Zeus combined
While Hossa does seem to be slowing down I suspect Saad will help ease that particular burden.
Then there's the niggling thought in the back of several of their heads that this may be the last year they're all on the same team. Kane and Toews' deals are going to require moving some pieces in the next offseason and they're not small pieces either. I think the team makes one last push to try and run the table like they did after the lockout. Also they know that playing the Blues is hardly ideal and will have more motivation to ensure that they do not play until the second round at earliest. Relying on the Blues to actually close the deal and win the division was shown last year to be a bit fraught with concerns.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
if I was bitter I'd put the blues last. Chicago is a clear 1 then avs/blues/stars/wild are interchangeable between 2-5 and within a couple points depending on health imo. all 5 will make the playoffs

Maybe and I mean maybe Colorado finishes ahead of us but there's no way Dallas does.

I don't think either will to be honest.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Aw, bitter Avs fan.

No, he's figuring that Stastny's impact on the Blues is overrated and that Elliott and Allen will be less than advertised, in part due to Avalanche experience with Elliott.

Or catastrophic injuries befall the Blues, they are overdue for some.

At least I hope so, otherwise that's a bit difficult to defend.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
1. Minnesota
2. Chicago
3. Dallas
4. St. Louis
5. Colorado
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I have the Blues last after an unfortunate locker painting incident with a new type of paint leaves the entire team with a seasonal-long bout of amnesia.

On the positive side, since Berglund didn't try very hard during the game (he's lazy and unmotivated you know) he doesn't breathe in all that much of the potent mixture and goes on to be the Blues leading scorer, thus making his contract look that much better in retrospect.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Putting Minnesota at the top spot makes even less sense.

I'll probably need to explain this:

I don't think Vanek is going to do that well in that tighter Western conference.
Granlund I think is another year away or so from being the center Minnesota needs
Haula is another one that I think is another year away, so is Coyle.
Nino is ready to break out though I think.

If all the teams stay healthy (unlikely I know) then Minnesota is battling for the 3rd spot.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The overrating of Minnesota and Dallas in here is pretty amusing, as is the underrating of Colorado. I do think Colorado comes back to earth a bit, but it's still the big 3 and then Minnesota and Dallas.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think Minnesota getting overrated. I have them 5th.

I do feel for Winnipeg though. They really were royally screwed in re-alignment.

1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
3. Dallas
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

I think Dallas and Colorado are pretty close and could go either way.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I think the Avs take a big hit this year and are fighting for a wildcard spot.

STL
Chicago
Minnesota
Dallas
Preds
Avs
Jets

Nashville will be better with a full year of Rinne and I think Lavs will do a lot of good for them.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
if I was bitter I'd put the blues last. Chicago is a clear 1 then avs/blues/stars/wild are interchangeable between 2-5 and within a couple points depending on health imo. all 5 will make the playoffs

:laugh: The Stars and Wild have improved so much that they are interchangable with the Blues despite the fact that neither team brought in a better player than Stastny, and the Blues were significantly better than both last year. Whatever you say :laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The overrating of Minnesota and Dallas in here is pretty amusing, as is the underrating of Colorado. I do think Colorado comes back to earth a bit, but it's still the big 3 and then Minnesota and Dallas.

It's not just in here...it's everywhere.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
:laugh: The Stars and Wild have improved so much that they are interchangable with the Blues despite the fact that neither team brought in a better player than Stastny, and the Blues were significantly better than both last year. Whatever you say :laugh:

a healthy spezza is just as good as stastny + dallas added hemsky as well.
if minny gets a full year from harding, parise and koivu they will be closer than last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad