Speculation: 2014-2015: Cap Goes Up... Who Do You Target?

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
-Let Orpik, Niskanen, D’Agostino, Vitale, Jokinen, Glass, Vokoun walk
-Extend Sutter, Jeffrey, Despres
-Sign Troy Brouwer, Ryan Reaves
-Get rid of Flower
-Acquire or sign Jaroslav Halak

Bennett 900k - Crosby 8.7m - Dupuis 3.75m
Kunitz 3.725m - Malkin 9.5m - Neal 5m
Jeffrey 1.5m - Sutter 3.5m – Brouwer 2m
Reaves 750k – Sundqvist 825k - Adams 700k

Offense = 40.85m

Scuderi 3.375m - Letang 7.25m
Despres 2m - Martin 5m
Dumoulin 750k – Harrington 900k

Defense = 19.275m

Halak 5.5m
Hartzell 840k

Goalies = 6.34m

Puts us at 66.465mil without a 13th forward...all rough estimates of course...

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Honestly what I think this team is missing, assuming BB & Despres continue to develop, is that one or two big aggressive wingers that are going to help the fore check & not be black holes offensively. Of course by next year those guys might very well cost 4 million a year there even are any.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
-Let Orpik, Niskanen, D’Agostino, Vitale, Jokinen, Glass, Vokoun walk
-Extend Sutter, Jeffrey, Despres
-Sign Troy Brouwer, Ryan Reaves
-Get rid of Flower
-Acquire or sign Jaroslav Halak

Bennett 900k - Crosby 8.7m - Dupuis 3.75m
Kunitz 3.725m - Malkin 9.5m - Neal 5m
Jeffrey 1.5m - Sutter 3.5m – Brouwer 2m
Reaves 750k – Sundqvist 825k - Adams 700k

Offense = 40.85m

Scuderi 3.375m - Letang 7.25m
Despres 2m - Martin 5m
Dumoulin 750k – Harrington 900k

Defense = 19.275m

Halak 5.5m
Hartzell 840k

Goalies = 6.34m

Puts us at 66.465mil without a 13th forward...all rough estimates of course...

Letting Orpik walk would be dumb IMO. I think he has decent value and could bring back in a trade a prospect and pick. If they don't plan on bringing him back I sure hope Shero is wise enough to trade him, something like the Sharks did with Clowe and Murray

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Letting Orpik walk would be dumb IMO. I think he has decent value and could bring back in a trade a prospect and pick. If they don't plan on bringing him back I sure hope Shero is wise enough to trade him, something like the Sharks did with Clowe and Murray

Orpik is the kind of guy contending teams give up assets for at the trade deadline. I can understand trading him if we think Despres can take his spot. But he's a guy that has just as much value in a playoff run as he does in a trade.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Get a high end LW for Sid and Bennett and put Kunitz with Malkin and Neal. I also would love to see a bruiser with Sutter and Dupes for the third line.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Get a high end LW for Sid and Bennett and put Kunitz with Malkin and Neal. I also would love to see a bruiser with Sutter and Dupes for the third line.

As I've said before, Alex Steen and one of Ott or Greening :nod:

terex

Jan 2, 2010
Ott would be 32 at the start of the 2014 season, and we'll probably get at least what he's getting now. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Uncle Machete

Apr 6, 2004
Mexico City
I would stay the hell away from the free agent market unless there is an insanely good deal out there. Even a guy like Steen, who I love, will be overpaid on a long contract (if he even stays in NA). Do not want.

Trading for cost-controlled players is the way to go. Don't have any names but I'm sure they're out there. You have to pay more in terms of assets but it is probably more worth it than overpaying for a long contract with various no-movement clauses.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Ott would be 32 at the start of the 2014 season, and we'll probably get at least what he's getting now. Not worth it, in my opinion.

I disagree. Ott is the type of player we're missing. Of course if he's looking for too much money or too long of term you don't bother, but if we could get him for something like a 2 year deal with a 3M caphit, he's absolutely worth it.

I could even see Buffalo selling him at the deadline.

I would stay the hell away from the free agent market unless there is an insanely good deal out there.

Well obviously I doubt anyone here wants to overpay free agents. I think all suggestions in this thread are made with the thought we could get guys on decent deals.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Ott would be great. I wonder what it would take to get Bordeleau away from Colorado? Would Chicago trade Shaw? I love that guy.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Orpik is the kind of guy contending teams give up assets for at the trade deadline. I can understand trading him if we think Despres can take his spot. But he's a guy that has just as much value in a playoff run as he does in a trade.

This is exactly why I see Orpik playing out his contract and us letting him walk to another team for more $$$.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad