Prospect Info: 2014-2015-2016 Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gravel is just so poised and imposing, yet simple in a positive way. He clearly needs the next level for a challenge. We need to see what he can do against guys who can test his physicality and skatin ability because he's just flat out better than he's opposition at this level. It really doesn't even look fair

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Gravel is just so poised and imposing, yet simple in a positive way. He clearly needs the next level for a challenge. We need to see what he can do against guys who can test his physicality and skatin ability because he's just flat out better than he's opposition at this level. It really doesn't even look fair

that is what stood out for me last weekend. at times he almost looked bored, because he was firmly in control when he was on the ice. SCSU lost but he controlled the left side without question

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
What a breakout season for Jonny Brodzinski. Nineteen goals and 38 points in 33 games as a sophomore.

Might be a steal by Futa and Co. in the fifth round.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Does anyone know if DL/Futa have connections to St.Cloud. There is definitely a trend with prospects being drafted that are there/heading there.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Does anyone know if DL/Futa have connections to St.Cloud. There is definitely a trend with prospects being drafted that are there/heading there.

Yep. Tony Gasparini, one of Dean's scouts/minions, swears by that program.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I have spent large parts of the past 3 seasons both in and following STC and their program is one of the best in the country. It is as dialed in as they get. (great town too)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
In the Fasching trade discussion board, I suggested that Brodzinski's development may be one reason why they were able to afford to move Hudson. I think Jonny is going to get a contract offer from the Kings at the end of this season. Just my hunch.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
In the Fasching trade discussion board, I suggested that Brodzinski's development may be one reason why they were able to afford to move Hudson. I think Jonny is going to get a contract offer from the Kings at the end of this season. Just my hunch.

I think you are right on the money again. He is a special player in his own right. The first time I saw him was in practice and I thought he looked exactly like Jamie Benn.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Leave Brodz where he is. You're gonna get Dowd and Gravel, leave us the third one. :)
Dowd and Gravel both turned down offers after last year and I've never known a guy who regretted staying an extra year (or two) but I've known plenty who have regretted leaving early.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hopefully they do get Dowd and Gravel locked up at the end of their seasons because they have a real shot at getting some good ice time in Manchester next season.

Senior profile videos of Gravel and Dowd.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Apparently this guy isn't a big fan of Zykov but he mostly looks at things fantasy production wise. Dunno how much he has really paid attention to VZ.

"Valentin Zykov - Not high on him. At all. Besides not really improving this season in junior and disappearing at the WJC, he was drafted by the Kings! See you in five years Valentin. Maybe. More info on him here."

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/inde...u-89/archived-ramblings/6413-february-26-2014
Does not surprise me. I just dont understand why people here are so high on him. He should dominate the Q. The fact he didnt get much ice-time at the WJC speak volumes too.

I just wished the Kings traded him (by any interest) instead of Fashing.

Is this what you're looking for? Yes, WOW is the word.

Sick. Just sick. Can't wait for Fashing to wear Black.
yeah...blue you mean. :nod:

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Does not surprise me. I just dont understand why people here are so high on him. He should dominate the Q. The fact he didnt get much ice-time at the WJC speak volumes too.

I just wished the Kings traded him (by any interest) instead of Fashing.

yeah...blue you mean. :nod:

No, it just speaks volumes how stupid Russian coach at the WJC was.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
I imagine some of you Kings fans might want to watch three of your recruits performing in some playoff games tonight...

http://www.nchchockey.com/game/show/7127652?subseason=131243&referrer=974241

I'm hoping you get to witness a few Jonny Brodzinski slap shots. They really are things of beauty.

The play-by-play guy is just a local sports news broadcaster, but the color commentator is NHL veteran Mark Parrish.

FYI, tonight's entire production (cameras, direction, graphics, etc.) is student run on-campus. I don't mention that because I'm attempting to lower expectations, but because I truly believe you'll be shocked to see how well it's run. St. Cloud State University is pretty renowned for their broadcasting school... especially sports broadcasting. They've sent a lot of alumni over to ESPN and the local stations are infested with SCSU grads (on-air and production).

Enjoy! Go Huskies!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I imagine some of you Kings fans might want to watch three of your recruits performing in some playoff games tonight...

http://www.nchchockey.com/game/show/7127652?subseason=131243&referrer=974241

I'm hoping you get to witness a few Jonny Brodzinski slap shots. They really are things of beauty.

The play-by-play guy is just a local sports news broadcaster, but the color commentator is NHL veteran Mark Parrish.

FYI, tonight's entire production (cameras, direction, graphics, etc.) is student run on-campus. I don't mention that because I'm attempting to lower expectations, but because I truly believe you'll be shocked to see how well it's run. St. Cloud State University is pretty renowned for their broadcasting school... especially sports broadcasting. They've sent a lot of alumni over to ESPN and the local stations are infested with SCSU grads (on-air and production).

Enjoy! Go Huskies!

This is a really well done broadcast, thank you for bringing it to our attention!

It seems a bit ironic that the weakest link in the broadcast is NHL veteran Mark Parrish. He's providing some good commentary, but he's pretty over the top with his homer comments and sometimes he lacks a bit of substance.

St. Cloud looking pretty flat as a whole, though.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Buzzer beater by Gravel?

Edit: It counts. Ties it with 0.1 seconds remaining. Going to overtime.

Dowd scored the 3rd SCSU goal.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Gravel ties game 1 up with .1 second to go. Dowd also has a goal, and he assisted in Gravel's game tying goal.

Ebert and Leslie combine for 3g, 3a, and +14 in a 13-1 win for Guelph. Auger was one of four players not to register a point.

MacDermid with 0 points but a +1 in a 10-1 win with the Otters.

Kubalik kept off the scoreboard in a 3-2 loss.

Zykov with an assist and a +2 in Baie Comeau's 4-0 win. They clinched the top seed in the QMJHL.

Calgary has the playoffs clinched and are winning 3-2. Roach is a +3 so far.

Bartosak is not playing tonight. Red Deer would have clinched if Prince Albert lost, but the Raiders beat down the Blades 7-2. Red Deer will clinch if they win one of their last two games, but it's a back-to-back series against the top seeded team in the Eastern Conference, the Edmonton Oil Kings.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Gravel ties game 1 up with .1 second to go. Dowd also has a goal, and he assisted in Gravel's game tying goal.

Ebert and Leslie combine for 3g, 3a, and +14 in a 13-1 win for

Are Ebert and Leslie still defensive partners! 13-1? I thought the Monarchs-Tigers game was a blow-out.

Sounds like the ST. Cloud game was pretty exciting. I tried to watch but the feed was poor. Many thanks for all the updates, King'sPawn. Very thorough.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
Me too, but obviously Sabres were interested in Fasching, not Zykov.:cry:

I'm personally much happier to still have Zykov. The kid is so mentally mature and possesses exactly the type of attitude and ethic that DL loves. Nothing against Fasching, but VZ is a special case, even if he doesn't top out as a first line player.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Zykov with a goal and two assists as Baie Comeau wins 9-2 and clinches the top seed in the QMJHL.

When Guelph won last night, they clinched the top seed in the OHL.

Bartosak and Red Deer could clinch a playoff spot with a win or if Prince Albert loses tonight. If Red Deer loses and PA wins, then Red Deer has one more chance tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad