Line Combos: 2014-15 vol. II

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like all those guys but they could be 5 to 10 yrs away from challenging for a Cup. :laugh:

I'll stick with the present.
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Greening - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson/Condra

i guess the reason i like jumping ahead is that i see no potential in that 'present' group (talking about cup potential), but i see some young guys in the system that will most likely be better than guys like greening, legwand, michalek, condra, smith, neil, even macarthur.
The present is just treading water until we have a real team that can compete. So that is why I'm plucking guys out of the organization that i feel have the highest potential to represent the starting point.
Then you can see the areas the organization needs to work on. The reality is that we are a few years away from winning anything realistically.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hoffman-Turris-Chiasson
MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Lazar-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Legwand-Condra

or

MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson
Lazar-Pageau-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro/Wier-Gryba

BigBush*

I'd like to see a third line of Chiasson-Zibanejad-Lazar. Would be a good third line if Chiasson can play LW

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully, Bertuzzi still has something left in the tank.

MacArthur - Turris - Bertuzzi - :laugh: someone had to put him here
Michalek- Lazar - Stone
Greening - Legwand - Chiasson

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Curious to see what happens when Neil and Smith return

Does Greening get waived, or does Murray send down Pageau again and send Lazar to the minors while healthy scratching Condra? So excited to see Smith-Legwand-Neil get reunited

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I like his board battling and net crashing. Compliments Turris+MacArthur.

If he was doing that consistently I would agree. Unfortunately he's been playing on the perimeter for the past dozen or more games.

He just kills every line he's on, and he's not very good defensively. This guy at this stage in his career is a 3rd liner. Not sure if he'll ever be more than that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Does anyone have an idea why Ryan is the only of the 3 top RW that has not been put with mac and turris? I know he has shown some chemistry with hoffman but he is by far the best fit on the turris line. I don't get why he's not even given a couple shifts with them. Did something happen?

BigBush*

Does anyone have an idea why Ryan is the only of the 3 top RW that has not been put with mac and turris? I know he has shown some chemistry with hoffman but he is by far the best fit on the turris line. I don't get why he's not even given a couple shifts with them. Did something happen?

trying to figure this out myself, i assume its to balance the top 2 lines.
i thought stone and hoffman were good together and should form the second line.

put Ryan back with Turris and Mac and reunite one of the better lines in the league last year

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
If there gonna put Lazar on the wing, why not put him on a line with Mac and Turris? Cant be worse then Chiasson, and we saw what he can do with skill players at the world championships...

BigBush*

If there gonna put Lazar on the wing, why not put him on a line with Mac and Turris? Cant be worse then Chiasson, and we saw what he can do with skill players at the world championships...

ya, i wouldnt mind seeing that. I could see how giving a rookie top line minutes might not sit well with everyone in the dressing room though, especially our RFAs looking for new contracts...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Curious to see what happens when Neil and Smith return

Does Greening get waived, or does Murray send down Pageau again and send Lazar to the minors while healthy scratching Condra? So excited to see Smith-Legwand-Neil get reunited

Me too, as it may be our last chance to see them together before the trade deadline! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
ya, i wouldnt mind seeing that. I could see how giving a rookie top line minutes might not sit well with everyone in the dressing room though, especially our RFAs looking for new contracts...

Good idea to put Lazar on first line RW. I don't care what the other players think, in fact I think they should be ticked off by it and i hope it stimulates them to play better!

BigBush*

Good idea to put Lazar on first line RW. I don't care what the other players think, in fact I think they should be ticked off by it and i hope it stimulates them to play better!

If Lazar is getting sent back to junior, id like to see it for a few games

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Zibanejad
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Chiasson - Paul - Robinson/Neil

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'd call up Robinson, to replace Chiasson. Then I'd shut down Turris.

Hoffman - Zib - Ryan
Prince - JGP - Stone
Dzingel - Smith - Robinson
Paul - Lazar - Neil

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Smith - Pageau - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Lazar
Paul - Dzingel - Schneider/Neil

Ad