Line Combos: 2014-15 vol. II

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Three right shots, two players not playing in there preferred positions, don't really see it.

3 very very smart hockey players. 2 heart and soul players. 3 excellent forecheckers. 3 strong gritty players 2 very reliable defensive players. 2 speedesters. 3 great puck possession players(even though Chiasson stats say otherwise).

Plus, I think Pageau in middle sets up Lazar better to use his great shot instead of try to dish it to the likes of Condra and Neil etc...

Condra worked just as good on that line, on his off-wing and also right handed.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Quicker we get here the better. Young and growing pains but a starting pt. Nothing can be built on imo before these guys get shots. It's where our real core starts. All the other guys can be traded for more strong players.
I like this one personally

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Lazar-Stone
Prince-Paul-Chiasson
Lindberg-Shore-Robinson

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Quicker we get here the better. Young and growing pains but a starting pt. Nothing can be built on imo before these guys get shots. It's where our real core starts. All the other guys can be traded for more strong players.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Lazar-Stone
Prince-Paul-Chiasson
Lindberg-Shore-Robinson

Where did turris go?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah that team will definitely compete in the playoffs :biglaugh:

3 forwards with NHL playoff experience!

I think he is talking about the future when all those players actually have nhl experience and some playoff experience.

I don't he means right now at this very second.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I think he is talking about the future when all those players actually have nhl experience and some playoff experience.

I don't he means right now at this very second.

Exactly.
It's something to build on for an eventual playoff run.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think you mean eventually making a run at making the playoffs with that lineup

If there's one thing to learn from the Oilers' trainwreck is that emulating them is not a recipe for success

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Lazar-Stone
Prince-Paul-Chiasson
Lindberg-Shore-Robinson

This looks like a weak set of forwards to me, with one decent line and the rest looking like 3rd and 4th lines, other than Stone. Add Turris and MacArthur back in and you have a better second line. I see Lazar and Paul as 3rd liners with one of Chiasson, Puempel or Prince. The last three I doubt will ever play in the NHL.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
This looks like a weak set of forwards to me, with one decent line and the rest looking like 3rd and 4th lines, other than Stone. Add Turris and MacArthur back in and you have a better second line. I see Lazar and Paul as 3rd liners with one of Chiasson, Puempel or Prince. The last three I doubt will ever play in the NHL.

It may be but it's the best we got for 2 years away. I see lazar as more than a 3rd line guy eventually. Prince could be as good as MacArthur real soon(emphasis on could). Same type of players anyway (and same hairstyle).
Point is our veterans we have now aren't good enough and won't play much longer.
Turris is so weak. At least you can't say that about any of these centres. (Yes we should have drafted bjugstad)
And I like the potential of the bottom line. Lots of unknown there but lindberg is doing great in his rookie yr, is big and strong enough, shore is doing well and has a knack for scoring big goals, Robinson is huge and can skate as well as or better than most and is a good 2way player now.
Puempel and lazar showed great chemistry in camp and lazar and stone showed it during the season.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Legwand-Condra

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Wiercioch-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman

Would be cool to see this just for a game or two before Wideman has to go back.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Lazar-Stone
Prince-Paul-Chiasson
Lindberg-Shore-Robinson

I like all those guys but they could be 5 to 10 yrs away from challenging for a Cup. :laugh:

I'll stick with the present.
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Greening - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson/Condra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad