GDT: 2014-15 Trade Deadline Thread Part 2

KennyFnPowers*

Out:
Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Chris Stewart, Michael Neuvirth, Torrey Mitchell, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux, and 2015#1 (STL or NYI)

In:
Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian, Chad Awful Johnson, #2 (2017), #3 (2016), #5(2015), TBD Pick, TBD Prospect, RPI/ECHL Goalie

might still get that sick undrafted goalie prospect from BU too... Matt O'Connor

2425se9-jpg.gif

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I am, admittedly, actually quite surprised that we didn't see a trade of one or more of Grigorenko, Larsson, Hodgson and Ennis. Really. Though for different reasons of course.

But I guess there's time before the draft.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 1m1 minute ago

Hearing Buffalo Sabres acquired 7TH round pick in 2016 & prospect Joonas Natinen from HABS for Torey Mitchell #TSN690 #TradeCentre 0 replies 8 retweets 1 favorite

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I am, admittedly, actually quite surprised that we didn't see a trade of one or more of Grigorenko, Larsson, Hodgson and Ennis. Really. Though for different reasons of course.

But I guess there's time before the draft.

shouldnt be surprising

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
shouldnt be surprising

Hhmmmm.... perhaps "surprised" isn't the right word. Makes me curious though. My understanding of following comments on TM and his tactics and motives on here is that he's a kinda cut throat type, not especially loyal, will do what it takes to build the team he envisions. From following Nolan and his whole pets/dogs routine for the last year, it's pretty obvious there are certain players he loves (ie: Ennis) and others he don't so much (ie: Hodgson, and arguably Larsson and Grigorenko, if his preferred deployment of them is any indication).

So, if TM deferred or was at least influenced by Nolan's take on players, I'd have thought that some of the guys (at least Hodgson) who Nolan has issues with would be tossed out at the first chance. And despite having signed Ennis himself, TM seems to be going for a heavier/bigger team, so I could have seen him make use of Ennis in a trade (for sure better return than Stewart got him).

Yeah, not "surprised", more curious. As in curious what TM has in mind for these guys going forward, how they fit (or don't fit) into his bigger picture.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
OMG! TM likes Nolan after all! He got his coach a new 1st line center -

(Hamilton) "TSN in Mont says the prospect in the Mitchell trade is Joonas Nattinen. He's 24 and was a 3rd rd pk in 2009. The center played one NHL game"

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Ducks basically going the complete opposite of the 2005 Sabres. They probably have 2-3 defensemen that will be in the press box for the playoffs that would be in our top 4 this season.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
OMG! TM likes Nolan after all! He got his coach a new 1st line center -

(Hamilton) "TSN in Mont says the prospect in the Mitchell trade is Joonas Nattinen. He's 24 and was a 3rd rd pk in 2009. The center played one NHL game"
I think he's playing in the SHL already. If Nolan is here next year, then yeah.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I don't know anything about Joonas Natinen other than him being listed as a centre on HF with a 7.0 D grade playing in Europe. FWIW our 7.0 D graded forwards include Karabacek, Olofsson, Catenacci, Carrier, and Possler.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't know anything about Joonas Natinen other than him being listed as a centre on HF with a 7.0 D grade playing in Europe. FWIW our 7.0 D graded forwards include Karabacek, Olofsson, Catenacci, Carrier, and Possler.

Turns out its not Nattinen we got though. It's worse.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

All you need to know is he isn't part of the deal. It was Jack Nevins a 21 year old AHL fighter

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I know people love these trades for the immediate future but long term I see a problem. No goalie, less insulation for the kids, hard working motivational leaders gone.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I know people love these trades for the immediate future but long term I see a problem. No goalie, less insulation for the kids, hard working motivational leaders gone.

Longterm? You realize Stewart and Mitchell weren't going to be here "long term" right? Neuvirth could always be brought back. Or Enroth. Or any other UFA goalie. Flynn is the only "long term" loss in any way shape or form. These trades actually hurt the team "for the immediate future" but help long term.

:laugh:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
All you need to know is he isn't part of the deal. It was Jack Nevins a 21 year old AHL fighter

K, so the tweeters got the name wrong, doesn't matter - a center, a wing, drafted 3rd round, undrafted, 24 years old, 21 years olds, doesn't matter - still sounds like Nolan's new 1st center! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad