GDT: 2014-15 Trade Deadline Thread (Chat Instructions in Post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Given that various trades, tweets, and trade speculation is being bandied about in approximately four different threads, I figured I'd fire this up so that we could have a centralized thread to discuss the trades that happen, are about to happen, or are being discussed.

Mods, if you want to change the prefix, feel free.

CHAT INSTRUCTIONS

1. Go to http://webchat.freenode.net/
2. Punch in a Nickname.
3. Enter "Sabres" into the Channels box.
4. Enter Captcha.
5. Hit "Connect"

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Who should we trade?
Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

SeanDog

Feb 1, 2010
How bout we trade Neuvirth, Stewart and Mitchell for Stamkos. That's how it works right?

Seriously though I fear the Sabres may get better if they pick up NHL ready players in these trades. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I just don't know why we won't keep Stewart, he is great at the job he does and we will need someone to fill the roll he plays on this team next year..

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I may be in the minority I dont mind keeping Stewart. If we trade him then resign him like Moulson....but to a shorter term.

I think they keep Neuvirth. Murray will not deal him unless he gets a 2nd since he gave up a 3rd to get him. I think he fits what he likes and he has no problem resigning him to a 2 yr contract.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Trade em all. If I'm Murray I'm not looking to get anything in particular back, only what assets hold the most value moving forward. I'll take 3rd round picks all day if it's 3rd round picks that He thinks are valued more than a prospect already drafted.

Just flip or package the picks with another bigger asset like grigs over the summer. Boom, jump start the rebuild even quicker without losing your own picks.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I am not exactly down on stewart as a player, but i don't think he fits on this team yet. I have always viewed stewart as a really good support player that contenders should want to throw in as insurance. Otherwise, trade him and get a piece that will fit on out team this year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't be livid if Murray talks to Stewart in the offseason but there's just no good reason not to trade him. Why keep him and simply hope you can re-sign him after the deadline? We are not in a position to take those risks. We can't let players walk for nothing. We need to keep refilling the coffers so we can pay dearly for the pieces to complete our team in time. If he can get you even a 3rd + a 5th that's worth trading him for quite easily. There's tank value there as well.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Can't believe I took Monday off for trade deadline... it's gonna be a bore I bet.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Can't believe I took Monday off for trade deadline... it's gonna be a bore I bet.

I thought about it, but then decided against it when I found out I wouldn't be home alone and couldn't have TSN/NHL Network, Sportsnet TV via Internet, TSN or Sportsnet radio, and HF running all at the same time.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I thought about it, but then decided against it when I found out I wouldn't be home alone and couldn't have TSN/NHL Network, Sportsnet TV via Internet, TSN or Sportsnet radio, and HF running all at the same time.

Haha.. not asking for much are ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad