SHL: 2014-15 SHL General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It was a tackle not worthy of a suspension, so the suspension in it self was a joke.

I hope Chris score the GWG so i can bathe in tears. Luleå mot Sverige!

Abbot is a hypocrite and a ****ing clown. Where's them tears? :sarcasm:

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Wow 10 mins into game 2 Skelleftea is already up 2-0.

Would a salary cap be possible to implement in the SHL to bring more parity?

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Skellefteå have to be the most dominate team in modern time in sweden, it not just that they are winning that is how they are winning as well, and much is thanks tp Wallson. I do not get how anyone could want anyone else than Wallson as a replacer to Mårts. Go with the winner. But people want Wikegård?

I think a team like Växjö have higher salary, wouldnt be surprise if Linköping that they are facing now has it also. But I do not know.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG

Skellefteå is not going to dominate in a final against Frölunda. They got their number.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
CBXQvBWWwAEG36h.jpg:large

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Skellefteå have to be the most dominate team in modern time in sweden, it not just that they are winning that is how they are winning as well, and much is thanks tp Wallson. I do not get how anyone could want anyone else than Wallson as a replacer to Mårts. Go with the winner. But people want Wikegård?

I think a team like Växjö have higher salary, wouldnt be surprise if Linköping that they are facing now has it also. But I do not know.

Linköping are probably a lot lower in the "salery standing" than most people think. They are usually somewhere in the middle these days.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Linköping are probably a lot lower in the "salery standing" than most people think. They are usually somewhere in the middle these days.

Best guess divided by tiers. I don't think there's that much between number 1 and number 6-7 or so, either:

Skellefteå
---
HV
Färjestad
Växjö
Frölunda
Linköping
Luleå
Brynäs
---
Örebro
Leksand
---
Modo
Djurgården

I don't think a salary cap would accomplish much, as there is not that much disparity between the teams now anyway. I also believe that if a team like Skellefteå produces NHLers and go far in the playoffs they should be able to reward themselves with a higher salary budget. I think sanctions for clubs posting red numbers again and again is the way to go, all SHL clubs can be profitable if they just put themselves on a reasonable salary level.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Really with so many high profile imports and players like Junland, Rahimi, Sjögren etc? It feels like Linköping has more standout profiles than Skellefteå, while Skellefetå is more of a teambuilding.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
True. Some of those would be paid more if they played on other teams in the league though. And it's not unusual that you have to accept a pay cut when you re-sign with Linköping.

They also have a lot of players who are 22 or younger. Most of these are still on their first contract after leaving juniors, so probably aren't paid that much (one or two aren't under contract at all).

Lif

Nov 3, 2013
The more I see of Andreas Johnson, the more I dislike him as a player. Such a whiny little primadonna.

Gaggelini

Jan 15, 2009
Are everyone in agreement that the welsh suspension shouldnt have been one? I am for one, hope they change the rule.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Växjö - SAIK should be a good final. Skellefteå will obviously win.

Are everyone in agreement that the welsh suspension shouldnt have been one? I am for one, hope they change the rule.

It shouldn't have been a penalty IMO.

Stiltzkin*

man, I thought the SHL was getting boring with all the new rules
and now when Skellefteå will be playing(and probably win) their 3rd straight
gold in their 5th straight final…

well, it doesn't make the SHL less boring...

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Thoughts on the hit? Think they got it just right but ideally they would change the rules so that will not be a penalty in the future. 90% chest, 10% cheek, and they gotta call it.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Doubtful hit to the head, looked more like the upper chest. Fine with 2+10 and I'm glad they didn't give him 5+20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad