Prospect Info: 2014/15 San Antonio Rampage Thread

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Nate- bigger question, after the 4 obvious Soup, Guds, Kuli, and Mitchell, which Dmen will round out the 7 on the big club? Olsen probably? Then who's the last and also healthy scratch D-man?

…does Ekblad get the slot, or…?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I'm thinking Ekblad makes the team and Robak (simply due to waiver status and $$$) stays up as the 7th D-man. Petro comes down to SA and plays top pair minutes and dominates*.

*Please lord, let him dominate

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sticky'd and added link to OP in case someone wants to revisit last year's thread.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I know it's not enough August yet, but I've seen the question asked, and I miss hockey and need something to be wrong about. So with that said, here is my projected roster on 7/21:

Forwards:
Howden/Shore/Butler
Wilson/Trocheck/Grimaldi
Shaw/Olson/McFarland
Brickley/Martindale/Crabb
Hodges

Defense:
Racine/Petrovic
Zanon/Weegar
Taker (McFadden)/Parlett
McFadden (Taker)

Goalies:
Ellis
Houser

A lot can, and probably will, change. But as of today, that's where we stand, IMO.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
How does that roster compare to the rest of the league?

Is it good enough to make the playoffs, minus injuries and a lot of callups?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I think it is. It just looks really young. That's a good thing for the Panthers though.

A lot rests on Ellis' play. He has to step up, there's no reason he shouldn't be a top 10 AHL goalie.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

I think they could challenge for a playoff spot assuming injuries and/or trade deadline day don't decimate our roster...again.

I don't think they are done though. They still have room for a couple of vets and, I think, we may see a vet D and a vet winger added on AHL deals before the season starts.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I know it's not enough August yet, but I've seen the question asked, and I miss hockey and need something to be wrong about. So with that said, here is my projected roster on 7/21:

Forwards:
Howden/Shore/Butler
Wilson/Trocheck/Grimaldi
Shaw/Olson/McFarland
Brickley/Martindale/Crabb
Hodges

Defense:
Racine/Petrovic
Zanon/Weegar
Taker (McFadden)/Parlett
McFadden (Taker)

Goalies:
Ellis
Houser

A lot can, and probably will, change. But as of today, that's where we stand, IMO.

I feel bruised just seeing that pairing!

Kate

Jan 23, 2009
San Antonio, USA
At this stage of his career, he's not nearly as good as Montoya.

Think a smaller version of last year's version of Clemmensen.

OOO MMMMMM GGGGGG! GET US A FRIGGEN GOALIE!!!!! Why can't we have a decent goalie? Markstrom and Dov were the best we were to see for a while obviously! :shakehead
Just checked out his stats. It looks like the longer he has played, the worse he got. http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/ellisda01.html We're in for a long, loonnnggg season....... Again!

Last edited:

cats31

Jun 19, 2013
OOO MMMMMM GGGGGG! GET US A FRIGGEN GOALIE!!!!! Why can't we have a decent goalie? Markstrom and Dov were the best we were to see for a while obviously! :shakehead
Just checked out his stats. It looks like the longer he has played, the worse he got. http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/ellisda01.html We're in for a long, loonnnggg season....... Again!

But with Howden, Trocheck, Shore and Grimaldi you have the most talent you've had down there since the Panthers have been your affiliate. Ellis should be a more than capable goalie in the AHL.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
The Live Running With the Herd Radio show will air tonight at 7pm CST.

We will probably be covering the new AHL rules for this coming season, the status of head coach Tom Rowe, player movement over the summer, and much more.

Head to radio.stucknut.com to listen live.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Doesn't Grimaldi have one year left in college?

Of course its his choice, but I think he will go back for his final year. After what I can remember education was really important to him..

CoolburnIsGone

Doesn't Grimaldi have one year left in college?

Of course its his choice, but I think he will go back for his final year. After what I can remember education was really important to him..
He signed a contract like a month ago which makes him unable to return to play college (NCAA rules). He's in the AHL at the very least this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad