Prospect Info: 2014/15 San Antonio Rampage Thread

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
With it being July 1st, the new season is officially underway. What better time to start this season's version?

Team needs:

#1 Goalie
Top 6 FWD (C/LW)
PMD D-man

in that order.

I wonder what goalie can we grab to start in San Antonio. Can't Houser be slotted in 1G, has he been lackluster?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I wonder what goalie can we grab to start in San Antonio. Can't Houser be slotted in 1G, has he been lackluster?

He was VERY inconsistent. Very good stretches surrounded by awful stretches. I'd like to see an AHL vet brought in with NHL backup ability on a two-way. Drew MacIntyre is at the top of my wishlist. Probably a longshot, though.

CoolburnIsGone

As of today, I would think the defense looks like this for now (and think that 2 d-men are needed):

Robak/? - Petrovic
Racine - ?
Taker - Weegar
extra: McFadden

Thats assume Robak clears waivers or someone else would need to be found to replace him. Defense is gonna need work no matter who's playing in goal if you ask me.

On forwards, I would think that there's a lot of talent there but definitely could use a veteran leader. I do like the forward group though with the talent involved: Shore, Howden, Trocheck, Grimaldi, Butler, Brickley, Wilson, Shaw, McFarland, Martindale, Hodges & Crabb are all signed and probably expected in SA to start the season. Definitely could use another forward as you said, especially if guys like Trocheck or Shore get called up. Not gonna attempt to create lines with those guys but should provide some interesting games I would think (I see plenty of truculence in that group of guys).

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Rampage need good core AHL players. Borrowing Shore and Trochek won't cure what ails San Antonio.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Please don't sign Kyle Rau. He has a national championship to win. Thanks.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Any way we can get this one stickied to replace last year's thread?

The sooner we can wipe out the historical evidence of that garbage season, the better.

Tuco

Jul 30, 2007
Any way we can get this one stickied to replace last year's thread?

The sooner we can wipe out the historical evidence of that garbage season, the better.

Yes please, anyone with the powers to do so please do so.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
As far as I can remember we have Sergei Gaiduchenko who plays in the KHL for quite some time posting decent numbers and is a huge goalie. He has also had good training camps with us. Hope he comes again this year and is signed, could address the goalie situation.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
As of today, I would think the defense looks like this for now (and think that 2 d-men are needed):

Robak/? - Petrovic
Racine - ?
Taker - Weegar
extra: McFadden

Thats assume Robak clears waivers or someone else would need to be found to replace him. Defense is gonna need work no matter who's playing in goal if you ask me.

On forwards, I would think that there's a lot of talent there but definitely could use a veteran leader. I do like the forward group though with the talent involved: Shore, Howden, Trocheck, Grimaldi, Butler, Brickley, Wilson, Shaw, McFarland, Martindale, Hodges & Crabb are all signed and probably expected in SA to start the season. Definitely could use another forward as you said, especially if guys like Trocheck or Shore get called up. Not gonna attempt to create lines with those guys but should provide some interesting games I would think (I see plenty of truculence in that group of guys).

greg zanon got signed today. also brett olson, a center from abbotsford

CoolburnIsGone

greg zanon got signed today. also brett olson, a center from abbotsford
I think Zanon was with the team somewhat last season too. I dont think he's the caliber of d-man they need but it probably pushes McFadden down the depth chart most likely. I guess Olson is that top 6 forward that Nate was asking for.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think Zanon was with the team somewhat last season too. I dont think he's the caliber of d-man they need but it probably pushes McFadden down the depth chart most likely. I guess Olson is that top 6 forward that Nate was asking for.

Seems like a good top 6 option, based off his stat line.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Like the Olson signing quite a bit. Versatile forward who can play on the wing, but slide to center in case one of Trocheck/Shore are called up/traded.

LOVE the Zanon signing. He's not speedy...like at all...but he's a shot blocking machine and is smart as hell in his own end. The underrated part of this signing is that it gives the Rampage blue line the veteran presence it doesn't have. This is a young defensive corps, and they needed a veteran to come in and be a leader.

Zanon/Petro
Racine/Parlett
Weegar/Taker
McFadden

Could still use another PMD, but if Weegar works out, that's a servicable blue line.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

What’s been your focus this offseason, your first as a pro?

Just staying physically fit, staying on the ice, keeping healthy. I’ve focused on nutrition, eating well – trying to get all that in line. I’m having fun at the same time – seeing family and friends. I’m having a good summer, but also taking it professionally because it’s a job now and you have to take it seriously.

Weegar seems to have a good head on his shoulders, what a great move to pick him up in the 7th round.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
What do the possible lines look like? With guys like Grimaldi, Trocheck etc on the team

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Nate- bigger question, after the 4 obvious Soup, Guds, Kuli, and Mitchell, which Dmen will round out the 7 on the big club? Olsen probably? Then who's the last and also healthy scratch D-man?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad