2014-15 Sabres Prospect Repository – Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@Jérôme_Bérubé - Valentin Zykov is now a LesOlympiques.
Baie-Comeau gets @SabresProspects - Vaclav Karabacek and a 3rd draft pick in return. #qmjhl

@SabresProspects - Hoping change of scenery works out for Karabacek. Goes from near bottom of Q standings in Gatineau to Baie-Comeau (6th overall in Q).

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Prospects Recap - Wednesday, December 31 - Baptiste Closes Year On High Note - Kris Baker@SabresProspects - SabresProspects.com

OHL - Nick Baptiste notched two goals including the game-winner plus an assist to earn the game's number one star as Erie edged Guelph 4-3.
With back-to-back three-point outings, Baptiste has elevated his production to six goals and thirteen points in eleven games since joining the Otters.
He has totaled twelve goals and twenty-four points in twenty-three games between Erie and Sudbury.

OHL - Brendan Lemieux added two more goals to his season haul Wednesday as Barrie barreled past Belleville 6-1.
Lemieux's eighth multiple-goal effort of the season gives him 27 goals in 30 games for the Colts, equaling the total he posted in all of 2013-2014 (65 games).
He remains among league leaders with 27 G (3rd) - 14 PPG (1st) - 85 PIM (2nd).

Rest Of The Recap - http://www.sabresprospects.com/2015/01/1231-recap-lemieux-baptiste-close-year.html

Prospects Recap - Cornel Breaks Slump - Thursday, January 1 - KrisBaker@SabresProspects - SabresProspects.com -

OHL - Eric Cornel saw his point drought hit four games but he was able to notch the shootout winner as Peterborough defeated Mississauga 5-4.
Cornel has not scored a goal in his last 10 games.
He has 28 points (8+20) in 34 games for the struggling Petes, who despite the win remain in last place in the OHL's East Division standings.
The Petes are at Belleville on Saturday.

Rest Of The Recap - http://www.sabresprospects.com/2015/01/11-recap-cornel-connects-in-shootout.html

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
So, next year in ROC, Bailey, Baptiste, Ullmark most likely. Compher, Fasching, Possler -possible. Malone, Olofsson, Hurley, Florentino, Willman all eligible but long shots. Not 100% sure how the European contracts work but Possler and Olofsson could come over whenever, they're just best suited where they're at for the time being.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Not 100% sure how the European contracts work but Possler and Olofsson could come over whenever

Only if they're released from their contracts by their club.

Possler is under contract through 15/16 so he's likely with MODO another year.
Olofsson has the same contract.
Ullmark is under contract through 16/17, so he'd have to be let go to come over.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Only if they're released from their contracts by their club.

Possler is under contract through 15/16 so he's likely with MODO another year.
Olofsson has the same contract.
Ullmark is under contract through 16/17, so he'd have to be let go to come over.

Thanks! I was really looking forward to seeing Ullmark in NA

ZeroPT*

meh. I've kinda given up on Ullmark. As bad as it sounds. He's been pretty bad this year. I never was too convinced by him but now it's even less confidence in him ever panning out.

I'm intrigued in Johansson. I like his size.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
meh. I've kinda given up on Ullmark. As bad as it sounds. He's been pretty bad this year. I never was too convinced by him but now it's even less confidence in him ever panning out.

He's definitely having a rough year but, we know he can perform better, looked stellar in camp this year and I think he's still a bunch of potential. It's funny, I kinda feel the way about Johansson that you feel about Ullmark. They both seem to have taken a step back this season unfortunately.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY

I'm not gonna give up on a goalie a year removed from winning the SHL's equivalent to the vezina at 20 years old just because he's put up underwhelming stats on a younger team

What have you done for me lately

ZeroPT*

I'm not gonna give up on a goalie a year removed from winning the SHL's equivalent to the vezina at 20 years old just because he's put up underwhelming stats on a younger team

What have you done for me lately

Like I said I was never high on him

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
He's definitely having a rough year but, we know he can perform better, looked stellar in camp this year and I think he's still a bunch of potential. It's funny, I kinda feel the way about Johansson that you feel about Ullmark. They both seem to have taken a step back this season unfortunately.

Ullmark still has a save percentage of 907% so he's been playing a lot better. He still has some games left to salvage the season on a high note. Johansson is another story, I'd say an off year. If he repeats this performance next year than all be concerned. He's still only 19 though and goalies take a while to develop so all give him another year.

But Ullmark should be spectacular in the 2nd half

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@coreypronman: Hudson Fasching-BUF one of the rare players named a top 3 player by the coaches two years running by a major program.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
MODO is bad this year, I dont hold Ullmark to his performance on having a down year when the entire team has taken a year off. You can only do so much when your faced with 50 shots a night.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

Need to just start copy/pasting "Brendan Lemieux scores". The feisty winger has his 28th of the year to give Barrie a 4-1 lead at Kingston.

Bps21*

I know Lieuwin (predictably) turned into a pumpkin...but Makarov had a shutout today at least

KennyFnPowers*

Lemieux (~= Domi)... he's going to look great flanking Reinhart in a few years.

KennyFnPowers*

Crazy to think how sick this team will be in 2-3yrs when all these high picks crack the lineup. To think, Chicago only really has 2 highly skilled players (that they drafted, not including Teravinen) in their system - http://capgeek.com/blackhawks.

Buffalo might have 4 or 5 when all is said and done (and that's not including D). Sprinkle in a few FA's (ie Hossa/Sharp) and holy S balls... It's going to be like the Patriots in the NFL... TOTAL DOMINATION.

Buffalo's time is coming... Hang tight!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Prospects Recap - Friday, January 2 - Lemieux Keeps On Scoring! - Kris Baker@SabresProspects - SabresProspects.com

OHL - Brendan Lemieux scored the game winning goal plus an assist as Barrie held on for a 4-3 victory at Kingston.
Lemieux now has 28 goals in 31 games this season, including half of them in his last 10 games.
He's on pace to finish with 60 goals. His 15 power play markers rank first in the entire league.

OHL - Nick Baptiste notched a pair of assists to extend his point streak to six games as Erie doubled Mississauga 6-3.
Baptiste has worked his way into form with 12 goals and 26 points in 24 games since returning from a shoulder injury.

Rest Of The Recap - Includes Video Of Lemieux Goal/Baptiste Assists - http://www.sabresprospects.com/2015/01/12-recap-reinhart-excels-lemieux-stays.html

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
MODO is bad this year, I dont hold Ullmark to his performance on having a down year when the entire team has taken a year off. You can only do so much when your faced with 50 shots a night.

This is about where I'm at. I think we've already seen some really good goaltending out of Ullmark. Off year aside, has shown more than Jo and Cal so far imo. That being said, I'd love to have a "too many good goalies" problem in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad