Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Thoughts on the graphic:
- Armia's reaction time worries me.
- Tough to believe Leduc & Lemieux have essentially the same strength attributes.
- Austin and Zadorov must have terrorized the O last year. Let's hope that continues. Austin in particular looks like he can be a bottom pair Sean O'Donnell type.
- Big goalies. Makarov just seems small compared to the others, but he's 6'1"
- Bailey and Kea, even Schaller are awfully big and apparently have quicks, if the hockey sense catches up they could all play in the show.
- A lot of thick bodies to play the heavy style game.

TimMcClure*

The most underrated prospect is Pysyk. He will wear a letter one day.

His testing results are great.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Next season the amount of stud prospects we have is amazing! So much incredible youth to watch in Juniors and in the AHL. This team should be ready to turn the corner in 2015-2016

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
I'm shocked Fasching is only 6'2"

Same here he looks HUGE out there and can't be moved off the puck. It's shocking to me that armia is bigger, well taller than him. Imagine if armia had the drive and learned how to use his body

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
The most underrated prospect is Pysyk. He will wear a letter one day.

His testing results are great.

Pysyk is a fantastic athlete. He scored at the top for the Wingate Test at the 2010 NHL Draft Combine (1st in Mean Power Output, tied for 2nd w/ Seguin for Peak Power Output).

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
What's wrong with 5 reps? It's the optimal amount of reps for gaining size/strength.

They weren't trying to gain size/strength but test it. It does seem a bit odd to have them all do different weights and then limit them to 5 reps. I mean, it does give you an idea of how the strength of these guys slots into tiers, but not who the strongest of the top group is, not that it really matters.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
They weren't trying to gain size/strength but test it. It does seem a bit odd to have them all do different weights and then limit them to 5 reps. I mean, it does give you an idea of how the strength of these guys slots into tiers, but not who the strongest of the top group is, not that it really matters.

I think they picked a weight in which that specific players max rep count was 5. Judging by that stat sheet, it seems the most likely option.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Fasching beat Girgensons on the bench and squats, can't wait to see what another year or two of the weight room does for him.

Have you ever gotten to watch him skate first hand? I swear the guy has two oak tree's for legs, it gets comical sometimes to watch defenders try to knock him off the puck at the college level. They usually resort to a hack and wack attack and he's very smart and takes those penalties to put his team on the PP, thats an aspect of his game not captured on spreadsheets. Your going to like this guy, he's just as smart as he is a physical specimen.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
See, that's weird to me, because Ullmark has well below average reactions, then. Lieuwen's below average, too. Are you sure?

Sure, look at the results. The little guys are mostly below 20 and one of the best is Bailey, who we know is a fantastic athlete. It's also inherent that the less time necessary to complete a task -- agility or reaction -- the better. I don't know what the measurement is exactily. Did they do an agility drill and a reaction time drill and then add the figures? You can't expect a 6'3" or 6'4" goalie to necessarily have amazing agility or reaction time.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Have you ever gotten to watch him skate first hand? I swear the guy has two oak tree's for legs, it gets comical sometimes to watch defenders try to knock him off the puck at the college level. They usually resort to a hack and wack attack and he's very smart and takes those penalties to put his team on the PP, thats an aspect of his game not captured on spreadsheets. Your going to like this guy, he's just as smart as he is a physical specimen.

The prospect scrimmage the other day was the first time I saw him in a full game. He was the first guy I noticed as clearly standing out.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
HF's prospect grades for the Sabres are up.

Reinhart 8.0B
Lemieux 7.0C
Cornel 6.5C
Karabacek 7.0D
Johansson 6.5C
Martin 6.0C
Willam 5.5C
Brown 6.0D
Olofsson 6.0D

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Rebuilding Sabres boast size, skill in young forwards
By Joe Yerdon - NHL.com Correspondent

If there's a saying that might become popular in Buffalo in coming seasons, it's "Youth is king."

The players taking part in Buffalo Sabres development camp make up the foundation of the organizational rebuild that's underway. All positions feature players the Sabres expect to become NHL players, in some cases great ones.

A major key to the future comes from the forwards they've collected through the draft and trades, and the spotlight is on Sam Reinhart, taken with the No. 2 pick of the 2014 NHL Draft.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
HF's prospect grades for the Sabres are up.

Reinhart 8.0B
Lemieux 7.0C
Cornel 6.5C
Karabacek 7.0D
Johansson 6.5C
Martin 6.0C
Willam 5.5C
Brown 6.0D
Olofsson 6.0D

Of some note, Bennett was an 8.0C, as was Draisatl. Just for those interested in that comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad