Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread XXIV : Craig Adams, one year extension or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Paul Friesen ✔ @friesensunmedia
Follow
#NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."
2:07 PM - 5 Feb 2015
yikes

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
well if it's gonna take Pouliot - like WPG won't do the deal without him - than I imagine the deal falls through. With Pouliot being our best prospect, and more imporantly, MJ's Golden Boy, I have no doubt JR walks away from that trade.

Yeah that would be a very tough deal to make. Kunitz and Pouliot for Kane? Part of me still says hell yes, while another part of me gasps and thinks hell no. I think in that case the deal would get bigger to include Barmistrov's (sp?) rights. Not sure that helps a lot, but at least it potentially includes another skilled young asset coming back. Overall I think that would be a very hard trade to make for JR. And I'm not sure how much DP is coveted by Winnipeg who already has a bunch of good blueline prospects (Morrissey is going to be a STUD).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm afraid it's going to take Pouliot. :cry:

We aren't doing the deal if it costs Pouliot. Kunitz is the near term Kane replacement with Bennett as the longer term one. It's a fairly logical deal even if it's not top value for Kane.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Follow
#NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."
yikes

Shots fired. :laugh:

Pittsburgh would be great, all he'd need to do is stand behind Despres and no one would know what was wearing.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Follow
yikes

get%20(4).gif

Michael8771*

Follow
yikes
Why is Wheeler being so vague?:amazed:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Follow
yikes

Oh man I'd love to get Wheeler here but keep hating on Kane so we can get him. I think it's really a change of scenery needed for him. At least I hope.

Michael8771*

We aren't doing the deal if it costs Pouliot. Kunitz is the near term Kane replacement with Bennett as the longer term one. It's a fairly logical deal even if it's not top value for Kane.
I love logic and I fully embrace this.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Mark Spector of Sportsnet: The Penguins may not be done adding to their roster, GM Jim Rutherford.
“We’re almost down to the final exams. It’s the marking period here, these next few weeks. What do we really have?” he said, in reference to March 2 trade deadline, his last chance to retool a team that has made just one conference final since back-to-back Stanley Cup appearances in 2008 and ’09. “In my mind it can all come together, but we’ll watch it very closely here in the next few weeks.”

Rutherford could be looking for a defenseman and a winger for a left winger for Evgeni Malkin.

“You manage your team around the core, and the core of this team has won a Cup. So, they’ve been there, they know what to expect, they know how to do it. So, what are the pieces that go around that core group? That’s how I manage,” he said. “The one thing that I like to do is to make moves earlier than the trade deadline. The (David) Perron deal was important for us. We’ve added (Maxim) Lapierre; he’s got playoff experience. He’s had two good runs. We added (Mark) Arcobello as a depth guy.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'd balk at moving Pouliot, but again, Kane just fits so many crucial requirements for a winger that we need. If we have the opportunity to lock up five of the top six forwards for the next half decade, pull the trigger. We've been *****ing--and rightfully so--about wingers for Sid and Geno for a decade. In the first year of JR & Co.'s tenure, we might actually have all but completely solved that problem.

I think it's easier to find a guy like Pouliot and he has less impact on this team than a guy like Kane. Just my opinion.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
"the standard is the standard"

how easy is it to throw a guy under the bus when things arent going well

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I don't think I'd do Pouliot in a Kane trade, too many concerns with Kane for it to happen. They really should have traded Kane earlier in the season.

I disagree. He probably would've been too expensive earlier in the year. We also probably wouldn't have acquire Perron if we traded for Kane earlier in the year.

Michael8771*

It's clear that Sutter,Kunitz or Spaling has to be included, likely Sutter or Kunitz. Then BB and likely another piece.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I disagree. He probably would've been too expensive earlier in the year. We also probably wouldn't have acquire Perron if we traded for Kane earlier in the year.

I think that was meant from the Jets POV. The Jets should have traded him earlier to extract max value from him. Not wait until their hand was forced.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

I might be wrong, but I think he meant the other way around, as in the Jets should have moved him earlier in the season when they probably could have gotten better value.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think that was meant from the Jets POV. The Jets should have traded him earlier to extract max value from him. Not wait until their hand was forced.

I might be wrong, but I think he meant the other way around, as in the Jets should have moved him earlier in the season when they probably could have gotten better value.

My reading comprehension skills are a little lacking today. In that case I agree. The Jets probably could've gotten a good package (or James Neal) for him during the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad