Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread XXIV : Craig Adams, one year extension or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Sportsnet reported that big Buff tossed Kanes track suit into the showers because he was pissed at him the morning of the day he was scratched

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Chris Johnston @reporterchris https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...27676380487681
· 2m 2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Evander Kane failed to show up for #NHLJets game in Vancouver, @Sportsnet has learned

Yeah, I don't know how much I want him here now. He's a locker room cancer.

Price just dropped again

Sportsnet reported that big Buff tossed Kanes track suit into the showers because he was pissed at him the morning of the day he was scratched

Greatest. Locker Room. EVER.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/k...ith-teammates/

Quote:

However, multiple sources familiar with the situation have since indicated that Kane was not on the team’s bus to Rogers Arena and then missed a pre-game meeting. Repeated attempts to reach him were unsuccessful until approximately an hour before puck drop, when Kane answered his cellphone and said he wouldn’t be playing against the Canucks that night.

Earlier in the day, the 23-year-old winger is said to have had a run-in with teammates.

Kane wore a track suit when the Jets players gathered that morning — a violation of team policy. Following a brief workout and stretch, Byfuglien is said to have thrown those clothes into the shower to send a message to his teammate, according to sources.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is like a soap opera or a really good reality show. Please have thrown a drink at someone, Kane.

They may give him to us for Kunitz, Adams and something else. But do it before more comes out, Cheveldayoff. Jesus.

penguins2946*

That splash you hear is Evander Kane's trade value going into the toilet like a Taco Bell poo.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
All depends on the timeline...

If the tracksuit in the shower happened, then he refused to show up... I can see why he didn't show up. That's just a dick-ish thing to do. Doesn't excuse it, but I understand why he did what he did then.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
All depends on the timeline...

If the tracksuit in the shower happened, then he refused to show up... I can see why he didn't show up. That's just a dick-ish thing to do. Doesn't excuse it, but I understand why he did what he did then.

I think the track suit thing happened and then he didn't show. Kane looks bad but the team isn't looking great either if that's what's going on in the locker room. Potential meltdown, tbh.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't know if that true or not, not calling you a liar, but hmmm. Can you provide a link?

And again, if that is the case, we just have to give the Jets a deal that consists of players that have cap hits of 4.4 million or greater. Which almost guarantees that Sutter or Kunitz be involved.

I took a quick look, but couldn't find anything that really commented on it. However I'm 100% certain that this is how it works, and would be willing to bet a large sum of money on it. During the lockout I spent almost all of my time here on HF in the BOH section specifically about the lockout and CBA provisions, and I have never once heard or read of being able to retain different amounts in different years. Everything was all "same % over the duration of the contract".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad