Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread XXI : More Prime Tocchets Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And once again, you do not need to be big to accomplish that. Every time we play the Habs I see that short little **** (I forget his name) right around the net. Perron wasn't getting knocked off the puck in the corners. Neither was Crosby. There's lots of players in this league that are not "big/heavy" but are not losing board battles.

The "we need size" bull **** annoys me to no end. Guys like Brenden Gallagher consistently pester goaltenders not because they're massive, but because they know how to do the job right and Gallagher is a freakin' hobbit the size of Arcobello.

You don't need guys with size, you need guys willing to play that brand of hockey, the ************* (why is this censored? It's not even a swear word, do we have 4yrs olds on here?) of the Pens needs to be undone, it's the damage done by Shero/Bylsma. The team had goons and then rarely used them and frowned on backing each other up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We've gone so long without Hornqvist and Comeau back in the line-up, I think people forgot how effective the Pens were at "going to those areas" with those guys in the line-up and the addition of Perron without even giving up a regular in the line-up is an amazing feat and adding a guy that isn't afraid to play in the "greasy" areas near the crease.

Suddenly you have Bennett, Comeau, Downie, Perron, Hornqvist, and Kunitz as options. The hate Spaling gets is absurd, the dude with that crappy canadian drink hates the guy like we hate Adams.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hornqvist and Comeau were big energy guys as well as providing offense that is for sure, Comeau's hitting also would be a help.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The team needs more than to just get healthy.

Getting them back will fix a majority of the problems where. Once that powerplay starts clicking again, guys will get looser and things will start rolling. The inept powerplay is really grinding on the regulars. You can see that.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hornqvist and Comeau were big energy guys as well as providing offense that is for sure, Comeau's hitting also would be a help.

And his speed. God I hope they're back on Feb 7th when I see them in Vancouver. I got lucky a couple years ago and saw a healthy lineup go to the shootout against Toronto when I was over there. It would be a shame to spend the $200 on a ticket to watch a depleted team play like crap.

fingers crossed.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Chris Stewart sucks. I have no idea why there are so many people here that want him.

Christ Stewart - Apparently the solution to all of the Penguins problems.

He's a solution to one problem: the Pens getting bent over and pushed around. Do you think a player like Voracek jumps Scuds with Stewart on the ice? Scheen gives that kidney-shot to Sid? I don't think anything stops Rinaldo from running Letang, because Rinaldo is a ****ing animal, but it would be nice to know that we have a guy that Downie can go after Giroux with a Stewart standing behind him. I don't like playing that type of hockey, so I hope he's just a huge deterrence to things going wrong to begin with.

I mean, a healthy line up and we're fine for scoring and wings... at least we should be. Hell, we may even get Dupuis back later in the playoffs. But Stewart addresses a problem that's not going to be solved with adding more skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad