Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread X : Looking for wingers... Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

naw they only have to please two guys not half a dozen or so....
I didn't mean it in that way, I was more talking about the fans of teams than GM's. But in a particular trade between GM's, yeah I guess it only takes two. Although, you could have three or four GM's covet your particular player, and putting them in a bidding war might get tricky. In any case it's not easy.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Not me. He has 1 goal and 2 points in 17 games this season. This following his 8 goals in 80 games last season. He's just too risky to blow the cap space on unless Florida will eat a lot of the cap hit and isn't asking for much of a return asset wise either.

If FLA is looking to get anything more than a late pick for him, I think they'll have to - and even then they wouldn't be getting all that much in return. But I wouldn't mind taking a flying on him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Apparently, accoording to Vokouna Maattata, we don´t need Sutter and Letang but we need more Edmonton. More Edmonton. UFA Jeff Petry would be great in Pens uniform, I´m sure about that. Letang can go to hell. Fantastic proposal.

Seriously, that guy is super desperate for some crazy trades. Once in a while he comes with a decent idea and I start to think he does get it finally... but then he puts a nonsense like this way too often. No reason to be frustrated like that for me because of him.

EDIT: And Letang has a NTC clause too, to block some teams. Edmonton would be right on the top, for sure. It´s just soo silly to even talk about that. Why wasting a time like that?

I actually think he would be, and would absolutely fill a need if Letang was traded. That said, I think it's incredibly unrealistic to think that a top D would not have a team like Edmonton that's been desperate for D on his NTC list.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Who are the best teams we can trade with?

Depends. But Minny, Detroit, Dallas, Anaheim and Vancouver are all teams that could likely use some assistance on the blueline. Tampa, STL and CHI are teams that have a lot of F prospects and might under the right circumstances trade one of them for a D prospect. Edmonton is desperately looking to upgrade it's center depth. I doubt any of our D's would be all that attractive to them (at least the ones that are not likely to block a trade there).

So there's a few options out there. Or at least there should be, depending on what JR is willing to move.

Michael8771*

I cannot wait until a trade is actually made, this is maddening!!!!!!

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
In other news:

Quote from Darren Dreger, courtesy of http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2014/11/23/the-frustration-tracker-nhl-insiders-on-the-edmonton-oilers

David Perron is obvious. But what are you getting, with all due respect to David Perron, in return? You’re getting something, but you’re probably not getting a No. 2 centre, which they desperately need.

On what David Perron might fetch via trade:

“Well, and see that’s the problem. The ask is for a top line centre and top line can be No. 2. We know that’s what the Oilers need. They’re not going to move Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and he’s been terrific for the most part. David Perron is not bringing back a No. 2 centre. He’s not. So you’ve got to sweeten that pot considerably. Time left on contract can be problematic. All of those things.

-------

Reading this, I'm wondering if the Pens can eke out a bit more from EDM by shipping them Sutter, who for the Oilers can definitely play a 2C role.

Maybe we can add Dumo or a pick, or both, and get them to throw in a Yakupov for Malkin?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Three way deal.

To PIT-Perron
To ANA-Martin+Samuellsson
To EDM-1st+3rd (both ANA)

Why would Edmonton do this?! They don't want picks. They want a 2nd line center, or D-men!

This. Edmonton needs bodies that can contribute right away. They want to continue to improve, and that's not going to happen with picks. If Martin had some term left and didn't have a NTC (or would waive it), he would be a very attractive piece for them, and him and Sutter are exactly what they need. However Martin would be an extremely unlikely target for Edmonton.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Why would Edmonton do this?! They don't want picks. They want a 2nd line center, or D-men!
So they could flip assets or just draft a player to help there future.
I cannot wait until a trade is actually made, this is getting maddening!!!!!!
It really is, I would take some time off HF, but then I would miss all the rumors and etc. :laugh:.
This. Edmonton needs bodies that can contribute right away. They want to continue to improve, and that's not going to happen with picks. If Martin had some term left and didn't have a NTC (or would waive it), he would be a very attractive piece for them, and him and Sutter are exactly what they need. However Martin would be an extremely unlikely target for Edmonton.
I agree, but like I said above they could flip assets, or just full on tank it out.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Also, just read:

"EDM (Not the other way around) approached PGH re: Sutter for Perron swap."

Take this for what it's worth though. The guy I read posting it, isn't Darren Dreger or a big name. isn't Eklund either though.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
IReading this, I'm wondering if the Pens can eke out a bit more from EDM by shipping them Sutter, who for the Oilers can definitely play a 2C role.

Maybe we can add Dumo or a pick, or both, and get them to throw in a Yakupov for Malkin?

huh?:amazed::eek:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also, just read:

"EDM (Not the other way around) approached PGH re: Sutter for Perron swap."

Take this for what it's worth though. The guy I read posting it, isn't Darren Dreger or a big name. isn't Eklund either though.

From who then? For all we know its some Twitter jackoff.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
LeBrun on NHL trade scene: "Talks are really picking up. For sure." I do sense intensity has picked up communication between teams.

https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/status/537412295437991936

images

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Darren Dreger:

“But then you move down another rung on the ladder and you find names like Jordan Eberle. I think that there’s a good chance that Jordan Eberle could be in play, but what is the rate of return? And then you go to maybe Justin Schultz or a Nail Yakupov. What is the level of return? That is the problem area for Craig MacTavish. Because the return that he’s getting, at least in conversation, isn’t going to be substantive enough for him to go, ‘Okay, I’m going to move Jordan Eberle.’ Or ‘I’m going to move Justin Schultz just because I need a centre.’ He’s going to get quality back if he’s giving quality, so this may take some time.â€

Seems from this quote, that Yakupov isn't as highly thought of as Eberle. Maybe we can pry him away easier, along with Perron for Sutter/+

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If we took Perron and Yakupov for Sutter/Dumoulin/Scuds/Picks I'd be sooooo happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad