2014-15 Rangers Forwards

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Nice to see this:

Q: Derek Brasard has taken you under his wing.

A: Yeah, since I got drafted. I didn’t know him before, but when I got drafted, I received a text from him just saying, “Congratulations.†And since then, my first camp last year, he took me under his wing and just telling me about New York, telling me about everything, he’s been a great influence on me since I got drafted.

I hope that doesn't mean Duclair will be streaky as all hell, where he'll score 5 goals in 7 games, and then be invisible for the next 10 :cry:

MetalGodAOD*

Nash needs more love. The guy got 30 pages of hate every week last year, but he's been lights out this year with a non-equal amount of fanfare.

So nice to see him driving to the front of the net like on his goal tonight, or making big hits to knock D-men off the puck. This is the Nash we traded for :yo:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Nash needs more love. The guy got 30 pages of hate every week last year, but he's been lights out this year with a non-equal amount of fanfare.

So nice to see him driving to the front of the net like on his goal tonight, or making big hits to knock D-men off the puck. This is the Nash we traded for :yo:
Definitely agree with that :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
“That’s one of the best periods I’ve seen three guys play in a long time,” coach Alain Vigneault said. (About Zucc-Brass-Nash). Guess we will see that line again.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, there has been enough pushback that you can either continue to post here or create another thread for discussion.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So I'm thinking Hayes down to play rw and miller up?

Hayes needs to work on his FO ability. Very difficult and frustrating for every line (especially the first line) to lose possesion and chase The puck 20-30 seconds on every Shift. His play has been mostly good though when they regain that black rubber thing. Do not think his inconsistency on the draws warrants a demotion as of yet. Let Step return first

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Only wrestling fans will get this but somebody should make a Kreider/Snitsky it wasn't my fault avatar of him. Pick a play, Price, last night, Upshall. Then have it say "It wasn't my fault!"

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Hayes got his cup of coffee.

I just can't wait for Stepan to be back so this MSL center nonsense can die once and for all

Are we keeping Nash with Brass/Zuc now? Assuming Kreider and Stepan are out for the same amount of time what do we look like?

Zucc Brass Nash
Hagelin Miller St. Louis
Duclair Moore Stempniak
Malone Mueller Glass

Ouch....

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Zucc Brass Nash
Hagelin Moore Duclair
Malone Mueller Stempniak

?? I don't know

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hayes is a winger....its pretty clear. i think hes best suited to play wing on a line with a guy like MSL on the other side...thats just my 2 cents.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I like Avery too but at this point in his career I don't know how effective he would be anymore. Carcillo was perfect for that role. I was pissed that we didn't bring him back.

I love having a troll on your team that gets everyone riled up. It really helps deflect pressure from your stars when everyone is focused on your troll. I was hoping Glass would be that guy..but he sucks at hockey, and doesnt agitate enough. Id definitely try to get a troll at the deadline if we can. Not sure who fits the bill...Ott would be a good troll, but his salary is high isnt it? and hes got a few years left?

Chris Neil might be the best troll in hockey, but we cant afford him, and he clearly wants to stay in Ottawa.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I genuinely cant figure out why we didnt retain Carcillo over Glass. Just what the hell

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Hey guys, i was away for a few days so i didn't see the games, and I could use a little help with the current hfnyr narrative.

Duclair is the real deal again, and Hayes should get sent down when Step is healthy, and Glass still blows... did i get it right?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, i was away for a few days so i didn't see the games, and I could use a little help with the current hfnyr narrative.

Duclair is the real deal again, and Hayes should get sent down when Step is healthy, and Glass still blows... did i get it right?

personally i think hayes should stay in the lineup.

I'd move Nash over to the left side and go with this when Stepan gets back.

Nash - Stepan - Duclair ==> Stepan is a RH player, he will naturally favor his left winger. 2 big weapons to free up Duclair.

Kreider - Brassard - MZA ==> I know, Nash was great on this line, but i think long term, this is what this line needs to be. Kreider will be better.

Hagelin - Mueller - MSL ==> All situations line. MSL is on a separate line making this a legitimate offensive threat. Can swap JT Miller in for Mueller if/when he's ready, or put Moore here.

Hayes - Moore - Stempniak

Size, speed, and skill. Stemp plays on a 4th line, gets tougher minutes. Hayes is good enough defensively to be fine getting 4th line minutes, and he's got enough skill around him to make it not a horrible offensive line.

That's just me.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Good Afternoon Everyone, as per some discussions with the other moderators we have decided to allow some individual skater threads... Now along with these threads we would ask that you use some discretion when it comes to them not every skater needs a thread after every game, it will be important to use the search function to prevent having 10 threads about Rick Nash etc etc Any other questions feel free to PM me or any other mods

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hayes is a winger....its pretty clear. i think hes best suited to play wing on a line with a guy like MSL on the other side...thats just my 2 cents.

It's only clear in that Hayes sucks at faceoffs.

Nothing else.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

If you go to the main boards it is nothing but posters who are attributing this hot start to him having an unsustainably high shooting %. They were the same posters who ignored his ridiculously low shooting % during the playoffs and attributed his poor production (despite playing well defensively) to him being done as a player. Rick Nash is turning into Rodney Dangerfield. No Respect. :laugh:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you to the mods for relaxing the rules and allowing for reasonable creation of individual player-specific threads.

That said, in the spirit of the new policy I will now go right out and...

...not create a new thread, since I don't have anything to post that is worthy of its own discussion. :)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you to the mods for relaxing the rules and allowing for reasonable creation of individual player-specific threads.

That said, in the spirit of the new policy I will now go right out and...

...not create a new thread, since I don't have anything to post that is worthy of its own discussion. :)

You are welcome. We hope everyone understands we don't do this to upset anyone or cause problems. As mods we are all volunteers and are just trying things that we think may improve the quality of our section of HF. We appreciate the feedback. It will only help us make things better.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
It's only clear in that Hayes sucks at faceoffs.

Nothing else.

And people vastly overestimate the importance of faceoffs. Hayes needs to make improvements so that he wins a respectable amount of them, but it would be nuts to move him off center when he shows real potential at the position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad