2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread - Part VI - Oh hey, look at that... a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I don't know ... call me crazy, but without totally ignoring next season, let's try to win THIS season with this lineup:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Bickell-Rasmussen-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Smith
(Regin)

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Hjalmarsson
Oduya-Rundblad/Dahlbeck

Crawford
Raanta

That lineup is good enough to win.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I don't know ... call me crazy, but without totally ignoring next season, let's try to win THIS season with this lineup:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Bickell-Rasmussen-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Smith
(Regin)

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Hjalmarsson
Oduya-Rundblad/Dahlbeck

Crawford
Raanta

That lineup is good enough to win.

So you're projecting a guy that has never played in the NHL and that performed just alright at prospect camp to crack the top-nine of one of the deepest forward groups in the entire league? I just want to make sure I am interpreting your suggestion correctly.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So you're projecting a guy that has never played in the NHL and that performed just alright at prospect camp to crack the top-nine of one of the deepest forward groups in the entire league? I just want to make sure I am interpreting your suggestion correctly.

This happens every time Bowman signs an AHLer. Leblanc, then Carey, now this guy. I'm not saying he can't end up a 4th liner, but let's hold off on putting him in lineups until he has played pro hockey.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This happens every time Bowman signs an AHLer. Leblanc, then Carey, now this guy. I'm not saying he can't end up a 4th liner, but let's hold off on putting him in lineups until he has played pro hockey.

Those guys were given a shot/look after being signed as free agents late in the season when they weren't playoff eligible. Rasumssen's case is entirely different. He can play from day one, but will he? Not sold. I've seen it suggested. Not seeing the fit right now at the NHL level. I think people are blindly plugging in someone they haven't ever seen play.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Those guys were given a shot/look after being signed as free agents late in the season when they weren't playoff eligible. Rasumssen's case is entirely different. He can play from day one, but will he? Not sold. I've seen it suggested. Not seeing the fit right now at the NHL level. I think people are blindly plugging in someone they haven't ever seen play.

You can take any scrub off the street and put him in the Hawks lineup to make him look twice the player he really is. Hell, we do it all of the time.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
You can take any scrub off the street and put him in the Hawks lineup to make him look twice the player he really is. Hell, we do it all of the time.

Going to the bargain bin with limited cap space isn't pulling guys off the street. They obviously see something in Rasmussen to sign him, but it's a little early to project him on an NHL roster. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure most on here haven't seen him play hockey.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

So you're saying there's a chance.....

*Stop what I'm doing immediately and run to the gym, start bench pressing, "Rocky" theme in the background*

:yo:

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
What I though was going to be happening 2/3 years ago:

Beach-Toews-Kane
Sharp-McNeil-Hossa
Bickell-Kruger-Smith

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well I guess if Saad adds 17 more points to get to 64, we will have to give him $6million a year as per O'Reilly even if it is his bridge contract.. Cap creep inflation never ending.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

You're missing the point. Whether Rasmussen cracks the lineup or Versteeg is still here or Regin is in the starting lineup wasn't the point - the point was that the Hawks have a good enough lineup with the players in the system (whichever configuration it ends up being) to win next year. So much talk about trading this guy or that guy is obscuring the point that the Hawks should get Cap compliant with as little change as possible because they have a good chance to win next season.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Corey Crawford should not have to carry the burden of an entire team.

Stan Bowman created this mess, now Stan Bowman needs to clean up his mess.

The salary cap dollars allocated to Versteeg, Rozsival, Runblad should be allocated to a second line center while players on cheap bridge contracts or ELCs such as Jeremy Morin, Stephen Johns fill the bottom six forward roles and bottom pair defensive roles.

WOW! How about that. Bowman overspends on Garbage when in fact a 2nd line center has been need for how many seasons?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Saad will make at least 4.5 mil per. The cap and average salaries will only go up, as shown by the T&K signings.

Right, except Saad's an RFA about to go onto his 2nd contract. He doesn't have a ton of leverage. Even is Saad has a great season, he'll take a bridge contract. Like Kruger and Shaw behind him.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Either Antti Raanta is just trying to hook up dudes left and right or his twitter has taken an unfortunate turn of events

JohnnyOduyasGirl27

Feb 24, 2013
Belle Vernon, PA
After a fiery several hours with milkydripz4, moistgiggle4, lickitysquirty2 and passivedripper2, I can assure you that it was no hack.[/QUOTE]

Come on it was hacked, is he married or something I saw a video on instgram one of his fans and saw a ring on his left hand!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Raanta can be my wingman anytime.

1035905.gif

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Being away from the board and hockey for awhile and have come to this perspective...

This team is the best Blackhawks team in the organizations history (going into a season). It also might be the last time we are cup favorites for 2-3 years... Or maybe longer.

I hope everyone realizes this and will enjoy watching them and complain less... The future is certainly not guaranteed. Bowman and staff has assembled, essentially, a perfect hockey team. A perfect hockey team that has a shelf life of one season.

Before people get bent out of shape about the "perfect" part... 2C was the solitary hole, it's filled one way or another(Richards-past success, Shaw-playoff dominance, TV- future). There are no holes... There just... Aren't.

Please stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad