GDT: 2014-15 National Junior Summer Development Camp

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Probably the best case study for why fighting should be in international hockey.

"Oh your best player is McDavid? I'll just punch him after the whistle and take him off for a penalty"

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Took out Fabbri's knee, and called the minor against Canada.

The knee wasn't the principle point of contact, though.

Either way, this is Bennett's time to shine.. How has he not had a penalty in all of this haha

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
When its a big Canadian taking down a small Czech its an automatic penalty, but the opposite happens and its a clean hit...

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
No doubt Ritchie gets a suspension. He got caught this game for a high hit but the previous two he played in he just missed a hit to the head. Too bad, he was a really good player for Canada, just needs to show some restraint.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Either way the next Czech Republic/Canada game should be good. Canada setting the standard.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
My lineup after the tourney:

xxx-McDavid-Fabbri
Dal Colle-Lazar-Baptiste
Klimchux-Horvat-Duclair
Ritchie-xxx-xxx
Paul, Chase, Petan?

Fleury-Sanheim
Morrissey-Nurse
Morin-xxx

Fucale
Jarry

I think Bennett will make the team, but not sure in what capacity. He didn't impress me much except for a few instances; he really needs to learn how to use his stick better. He got numerous tripping, high-sticking, hooking, ext; penalties that coaches do not like.

Had success with Fabbri and McDavid.

Bennett definitely needs to add some weight, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make the Flames for another two years, but it ALL depends on his CHL season. Have to remind myself, this is just a summer exhibition tournament. :laugh:

I excluded the likes of Reinhart/Ekblad/ect, as they will most likely make their NHL squads.

Fabbri really impressed me, as did Baptiste,Lazar, and Dal Colle. Fleury was the best dman for Canada.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
what was the final score? How did Bennett do?

5-2 for the Czech's.

This game was VERY hard to gauge how Bennett did, as he was in the penalty box for a lot of the time. :laugh:

The game was fine until the midway point of the 3rd period. Then, all hell broke loose. Cheapshots galore.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
How was Klimchuk throughout the tournament?

Thought he played very well. Didn't get much time last game, but considering Canada was on the PK for half the game, doesn't say much.

Can't wait for December to come, very, very, very excited for this tournament to start. May buy tickets!

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Anyone think klimchuk could make the team this year? He looks pretty damn good. Probably best to just let him develop, but he'll sure turn some heads in the fall.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
It will definitely be hard to beat out Sven and Johnny for a LW spot, but his two way game is something that will make him very attractive. I don't believe it will be this season he makes it, but in two years time for sure.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It will definitely be hard to beat out Sven and Johnny for a LW spot, but his two way game is something that will make him very attractive. I don't believe it will be this season he makes it, but in two years time for sure.

I used to be more excited for porier, but damn klimchuk looks he could be a very complete middle six player someday. Our 2013 first rounders are definitely starting to look good.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Poirier for me is exactly the type of forward we need in our lineup. The mix of offence and grit and the ability to change the momentum of a game will benefit us as we move forward to becoming a cup challenger.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Thought he played very well. Didn't get much time last game, but considering Canada was on the PK for half the game, doesn't say much.

Can't wait for December to come, very, very, very excited for this tournament to start. May buy tickets!

I'm quite sure he was injured in the 1st period... That's what the commentators said. (+ he wasn't even on the bench)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poirier needs to add some muscle IMO before he can play his game in the NHL. He's quite slender for his frame.
I wonder how Huska will handle him in Abbotsford, I hope he puts his foot down on the undisciplined and lazy plays. Despite his offensive production with Abby at the end of the season and in the playoffs, I was not impressed with him because his commitment just didn't seem to be there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder how Huska will handle him in Abbotsford, I hope he puts his foot down on the undisciplined and lazy plays. Despite his offensive production with Abby at the end of the season and in the playoffs, I was not impressed with him because his commitment just didn't seem to be there.
oops Adirondack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad