2014/15 Mika Zibanejed stats prediction

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I`d be surprised if Zibanejad outplays Legwand this yr, it will depend who he plays with & IMO he could be on the 3rd line with Stone & Hoffman. Is he going to be able to score consistently with whoever plays with him is going to be the question. I`m expecting Legwand to have a decent season especially if BM trades for another top 6 scoring forward to play on his line.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This makes no sense Aragorn

Zibanejad is now looking huge and he's the closest thing we have to a power forward

How in the world are not falling over yourself over him?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I remember that one year way back when Hossa came back completely jacked. It might have been the 03/04 season but it's been a while. Anyway within the first few games you could see he was going to be a dominant player, and he was.

Hoping we see the same from Zib, but obviously we should temper our expectations.

I'll go with 20-35=55p for the year.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I remember that one year way back when Hossa came back completely jacked. It might have been the 03/04 season but it's been a while. Anyway within the first few games you could see he was going to be a dominant player, and he was.

Zib has always reminded me of Hoss (my favourite player ever). I have really high hopes for the kid. That beard looks awesome.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I`d be surprised if Zibanejad outplays Legwand this yr, it will depend who he plays with & IMO he could be on the 3rd line with Stone & Hoffman. Is he going to be able to score consistently with whoever plays with him is going to be the question. I`m expecting Legwand to have a decent season especially if BM trades for another top 6 scoring forward to play on his line.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised at all. Zib is on the way up, while Legwand is on his way down.

Legwand scored 51 in 83 games last year. Zib scored 33 in 69. I see Zib and Legwand being in the 40 - 50 zone. I think they'll have very similar point totals.

I'm pretty sure Legwand will be playing on the 3rd line if not 4th by the end of the year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It will be very interesting to see Zibanejad's development this year. I suspect that he will be the third line center to start, which is a good thing for him as he will initially face lower skilled opponents. As he develops and starts scoring at a higher pace, opponents will counter him with better players. I think by the end of the year he could overtake Legwand for line 2 center.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This makes no sense Aragorn

Zibanejad is now looking huge and he's the closest thing we have to a power forward

How in the world are not falling over yourself over him?

I hope he does, but Zibanejad is still young & he will need players around him to help him. I think he starts the yr on the 3rd line because Legwand is a more experienced centre with a resume in the NHL who just last yr had 51 pts. Now by the end of the yr Zibanejad could be the 2nd line centre on this team & I hope so, but you never know.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised at all. Zib is on the way up, while Legwand is on his way down.

Legwand scored 51 in 83 games last year. Zib scored 33 in 69. I see Zib and Legwand being in the 40 - 50 zone. I think they'll have very similar point totals.

I'm pretty sure Legwand will be playing on the 3rd line if not 4th by the end of the year.
I doubt Legwand ends up on the 4th line but maybe the 3rd, that's entirely possible if Zibanejad stays injury free. We'll see.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I hope he does, but Zibanejad is still young & he will need players around him to help him. I think he starts the yr on the 3rd line because Legwand is a more experienced centre with a resume in the NHL who just last yr had 51 pts. Now by the end of the yr Zibanejad could be the 2nd line centre on this team & I hope so, but you never know.

I doubt Legwand ends up on the 4th line but maybe the 3rd, that's entirely possible if Zibanejad stays injury free. We'll see.

Murray has started that he see's Zib as the future number 1. He will be, by all accounts, starting the season in the top 6.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I expect Zibanejad to be centering the second line and be along side Michalek and maybe Ryan while Legwand will centre younger wingers on the third

If that comes to pass I'd expect the top three lines to have very similar ice-time

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson

I like that top 9: speedy LW, solid two-way centres and scorers on the RW

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I expect Zibanejad to be centering the second line and be along side Michalek and maybe Ryan while Legwand will centre younger wingers on the third

If that comes to pass I'd expect the top three lines to have very similar ice-time

I like that top 9: speedy LW, solid two-centres and scorers on the RW

so ryan will ask for a trade? pretty sure the top line is mac-turris-ryan

mich-zib-chiasson could be a good 2nd line

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I like that top 9: speedy LW, solid two-way centres and scorers on the RW

I suspect Ryan will be on the first line with Turris and MacArthur, and this line will be the first Powerplay line. I expect Zibanejad to be 3rd line center to start the season. Wingers will depend on chemistry development. Focus will be on defensive play at the start of the season with cutting down on penalties to avoid man disadvantages. Boston Bruins style.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was mostly something to start the year with. Switch the Turris line with the Zibanejad line if it tickles your fancy

I certainly think that having Mac - Turris - Ryan together is an easy decision but I think that my suggested line up is a bit better considering we lack top end talent: all three of those lines are a mix of veterans and rookies and all have speed, two-way play and a finisher

I'd try to start the year with that and see where it goes

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Hoping we see the same from Zib, but obviously we should temper our expectations.

I'll go with 20-35=55p for the year.

23 -- 34 = 57 is my guess. He will do well as a second line center.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
If Mika plays top 6 mins, and gets PP time, I think he cracks 50pts easily.

My circumstantial prediction:

22-30-52

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad