2014/15 Mika Zibanejed stats prediction

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ok I am really hoping Mika has his breakout year next season and live up to his 6th overall selection in 2011. He will hopefully get increased icetime IF Spezza gets dealt. What does everyone think he will do stats wise next season???
2013/14 stats-
GP - 69
G - 16
A - 17
PTS - 33
+- (-15)
PIMS - 18
HITS - 118

Predictions for 2014/15?????

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
20g and 18a. I expect his all around game to improve but I do view Zibby as being FIsher like offensively. Sans Spezza and others, we won't score at the same level. The kids flopped with vets to lead the way. I expect worse offensively as they are more exposed

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
50 points shouldn't be a stretch if he gets consistent minutes.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tough to say until we deal Spezza.

I do see 23-28 with much more refined game and around 150 hits.

That would be great. I could see him hitting 25+ goals if used properly on the PP.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
id love to see around the 50 pts mark and 150+ hits next year...I didn't realize he hit so much until about the mid way point of the year... what do you guys think his points ceiling it? and also his hits ceiling?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
people are forgetting the kid was on pace for 40 point season as a 19 year old rookie, the skys the limit for him.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
His career ceiling for me is 70 points, but don't think he will hit that until around 24. Really tough to judge before knowing the return we get from Spezza, because what if its a winger for Zibby. If he plays on the #2 pp unit and gets a solid 60 point winger (think Pominville type) from the Spezza trade then I could see him getting 25G 25A, which is pretty solid 2nd line production. If by some magical power Spezza is not dealt and they try him on Spezza's wing I could see him hitting 30G 25A, which again is very good. I personally believe Zib could end up like Mike Fisher or could equally end up like Ryan Kesler (prime years), we will just have to wait and see.

Hemmer Time

May 4, 2014
I think its tought to tell with Zibanejad because he has this great shot, but hasn't really used it that much. Hopefully he gets a role on the PP to maximize this ability, and then I think he could hit something like:

24 goals, 23 assists

What I really would love to see next year is a dominant duo be formed in Zibanejad - Stone. They are both big guys with high IQ, and Stone is a pretty great passer (remember that MacArthur goal he set up - beauty), which should help since Zibby has a great shot.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Depends on what line he will be playing on & with who. My guess is 35 pts at the most & he may have to stay injury free to do it. He's still pretty young & still learning the game & getting comfortable in the NHL, I also find he shys away when the going gets tough & physical.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
19 goals 21 assist 40 points if spezza is traded. Hes going to be around the 20 goal mark. He only had one really good stretch where he looked dominant this year. Lots of inconsistency in his game still.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Depends on what line he will be playing on & with who. My guess is 35 pts at the most & he may have to stay injury free to do it. He's still pretty young & still learning the game & getting comfortable in the NHL, I also find he shys away when the going gets tough & physical.

You really think an early lottery pick is going to regress with more ice time and a better role at 22 years old? Thats crazy talk.

If he puts up any less than 40 points like he was on pace to last season then maybe we should start worrying and with good reason. Its a guarantee he is at least a 40 point player and i would put money on that, but i also think he will come along more slowly than some higher end players. Maybe 5 more points a year and maybe he hits 60 points a year or two in his prime.

Hes the type of player who just through physical development will become a better player i.e. Fisher. I think he has more offensive upside than Fisher though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You really think an early lottery pick is going to regress with more ice time and a better role at 22 years old? Thats crazy talk.

If he puts up any less than 40 points like he was on pace to last season then maybe we should start worrying and with good reason. Its a guarantee he is at least a 40 point player and i would put money on that, but i also think he will come along more slowly than some higher end players. Maybe 5 more points a year and maybe he hits 60 points a year or two in his prime.

Hes the type of player who just through physical development will become a better player i.e. Fisher. I think he has more offensive upside than Fisher though.

Yea, that's what people on here say about almost every Sen, remember Filatov, Conacher, SDC, Pageau etc... they are all going to be 50 plus pt producers & it never pans out. Ryan didn't get 50 pts, did he & he was the stud everyone wanted? Zibanejad at 20 yrs old will be playing on a 2nd line against some pretty good players,I still think he is a few yrs away from being a 50 pt producer, well see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad