Line Combos: 2014-15 Lineups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dead on - and clearly Coop agrees with Namestnikov getting better. Flip has not been out on the PK lately - the third C out has been Namestnikov.

The only question is what to do with Killorn. It's a shame for Connolly, but he's been played out of the line up most likely. Killorn will probably slot in to Morrow's spot, which would then give us one of the best fourth lines in the league.

Boyle is scoring goals, you put someone like Killorn on that spot, and totally agree. It's exciting to see the 4th line doing so well.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I maintain that Morrow has been REALLY good this season. He's done what is asked for him 100% - it's just Killorn still gives us that physicality with a bit more skill down there. That, and I think Morrow knew when he was signed that he was going to spend some time in the pressbox, and would have by now but for all the injuries.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I maintain that Morrow has been REALLY good this season. He's done what is asked for him 100% - it's just Killorn still gives us that physicality with a bit more skill down there. That, and I think Morrow knew when he was signed that he was going to spend some time in the pressbox, and would have by now but for all the injuries.

Yeah, like I said above, so much talent with potential, not enough slots. This is a good thing. Nothing against Morrow who has been good, but Boyle and Brown have been driving that line.

I am a little surprised, not shocked, but a little surprised that Boyle has 5 goals already this season, more that who's name shall not be named. :laugh:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, like I said above, so much talent with potential, not enough slots. This is a good thing. Nothing against Morrow who has been good, but Boyle and Brown have been driving that line.

I am a little surprised, not shocked, but a little surprised that Boyle has 5 goals already this season, more that who's name shall not be named. :laugh:

I mean, he's not going to score 30 this year - or likely even 20. That's fine. The thing is he's excelling in his role and beyond. Of our forward group, the only player I have any bad things to say about right now is #91, which I'm going to be honest, should not be the case. Stammer needs to get off his ass.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dead on - and clearly Coop agrees with Namestnikov getting better. Flip has not been out on the PK lately - the third C out has been Namestnikov.

The only question is what to do with Killorn. It's a shame for Connolly, but he's been played out of the line up most likely. Killorn will probably slot in to Morrow's spot, which would then give us one of the best fourth lines in the league.

I don't get this train of thought on Connolly, why has he been played out of the lineup? He was arguably the best forward when he got hurt so why should he lose his spot to injury?

Killorn isn't going on the 4th line, he seems to be Coopers favorite so don't see him out of the top 6. Morrow has been good but he could use some time off especially with these back to backs but hasn't been able to due to no healthy players.

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Namestnikov-Connolly
Paquette-Boyle-Brown
Morrow

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't get this train of thought on Connolly, why has he been played out of the lineup? He was arguably the best forward when he got hurt so why should he lose his spot to injury?

Killorn isn't going on the 4th line, he seems to be Coopers favorite so don't see him out of the top 6. Morrow has been good but he could use some time off especially with these back to backs but hasn't been able to due to no healthy players.

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Namestnikov-Connolly
Paquette-Boyle-Brown
Morrow

favorite or not when he came back last time was moved down and I seriously agree hes going down to the bottom sooner rather than later killer that is. He is not top line material. As ive stated much rather have connolly up there myself at this point. I dont hate killorn I actually love his versatality cant spell not checking lol but he is being passed quickly by higher skilled kids is what it is.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

He started playing better, but "best forward"? Come on dude.

And sorry, but you can lose your spot on the roster due to injury. Paquette has outplayed him, and Connolly doesn't exactly have the body of work to overcome that. He had two goals while he was up, Paquette has three and brings a level of physicality that Connolly doesn't. I'm not saying waive him or trade him, but if we're icing the 12 best forwards, Connolly is not one of them.

Also, where's Flip in your line up?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
favorite or not when he came back last time was moved down and I seriously agree hes going down to the bottom sooner rather than later killer that is. He is not top line material. As ive stated much rather have connolly up there myself at this point. I dont hate killorn I actually love his versatality cant spell not checking lol but he is being passed quickly by higher skilled kids is what it is.

I don't see Connolly going on the 1st line with Stamkos-Callahan due to them all being right handed shots. I don't like Killorn on the top line either I just don't see Cooper putting Drouin up there yet. Maybe he'll put Palat on the top line then either Connolly or Killorn on the 2nd would make them more balanced but lose that 2nd line chemistry.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He started playing better, but "best forward"? Come on dude.

And sorry, but you can lose your spot on the roster due to injury. Paquette has outplayed him, and Connolly doesn't exactly have the body of work to overcome that. He had two goals while he was up, Paquette has three and brings a level of physicality that Connolly doesn't. I'm not saying waive him or trade him, but if we're icing the 12 best forwards, Connolly is not one of them.

Also, where's Flip in your line up?

The team was playing awful on that trip and besides the Vancouver game he was top 3, should've had another goal too. He was definitely was having his best stretch of games in awhile. Paquette has played just as well as him not outplayed him, sure he has 3 but like I said Connolly should have 3 as well. Connolly was also played on the 4th line during his good stretch, Paquette on the 4th probably puts up Browns numbers.

I forgot Filppula, was thinking Namestnikov would go back down but then he turned his game up. Also thought Killorn and Connolly would be back by now. Morrow will still be in the pressbox and unfortunately think Paquette goes down.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
The team was playing awful on that trip and besides the Vancouver game he was top 3, should've had another goal too. He was definitely was having his best stretch of games in awhile. Paquette has played just as well as him not outplayed him, sure he has 3 but like I said Connolly should have 3 as well. Connolly was also played on the 4th line during his good stretch, Paquette on the 4th probably puts up Browns numbers.

I forgot Filppula, was thinking Namestnikov would go back down but then he turned his game up. Also thought Killorn and Connolly would be back by now. Morrow will still be in the pressbox and unfortunately think Paquette goes down.

I see what you're saying, but I think Paquette has a playstyle that the team lacks, and the type that even when he's not scoring he'd be a benefit. Connolly is a bit of a sniper, and if he's not scoring he's not doing much, while Paquette's physical play and net-front work is the type of thing that will help even if he isn't scoring.

We're in a tough spot, for sure, but it's one of those good "tough spots". I don't know what the right answer is, I just see something in Paquette that would help us more in a playoff series than a one dimensional perimeter player.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I see what you're saying, but I think Paquette has a playstyle that the team lacks, and the type that even when he's not scoring he'd be a benefit. Connolly is a bit of a sniper, and if he's not scoring he's not doing much, while Paquette's physical play and net-front work is the type of thing that will help even if he isn't scoring.

We're in a tough spot, for sure, but it's one of those good "tough spots". I don't know what the right answer is, I just see something in Paquette that would help us more in a playoff series than a one dimensional perimeter player.

Paquette's style will still work on the 4th line better then Connolly's. The 3rd line could also use a sniper as it really doesn't have one right now. I just feel the organization would be doing Connolly a disservice if they bench him in favor of waiver exempt player's after what he's been through the past few seasons.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Paquette's style will still work on the 4th line better then Connolly's. The 3rd line could also use a sniper as it really doesn't have one right now. I just feel the organization would be doing Connolly a disservice if they bench him in favor of waiver exempt player's after what he's been through the past few seasons.

Paquette's style certainly does translate to the fourth line. However, it's also the type of style that translates to the first line - that's why that style is so valuable.

Still, I get what you're saying, and I don't think you're wrong necessarily, I just don't know what the right move is in this spot. This is a year we should be considered contenders, and Paquette is the type of player that you need in the playoffs in a seven game series. I really don't know what to do with him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Paquette's style certainly does translate to the fourth line. However, it's also the type of style that translates to the first line - that's why that style is so valuable.

Still, I get what you're saying, and I don't think you're wrong necessarily, I just don't know what the right move is in this spot. This is a year we should be considered contenders, and Paquette is the type of player that you need in the playoffs in a seven game series. I really don't know what to do with him.

I get paquette is hot I get boyle is hot but does anyone honestly ANYONE truly believe either keeps up the paces they are on or even 0.5? I love both of them and want on fourth line together for sure they will be a problem for all teams especially with the speed rocket out there that is a mixture that I dont see a lot of teams being able to handle.

If we dont have injuries I seriously see myself Killorn being fourth line CAUSE HE CAN DO what paquette does and bring that game imho he is that versatile.

Connolly I really personally want to see what can do with top talent whether is with drouin or flipper. I think he brings an ELEMENT we surely lack we got tons of playmakers another sniper would be a great thing.

I think by end of year people will be sold on connolly myself. He has the game ive seen it seen his confidence growing again. We have the talent to surround him and let him become the beast that he can become. I put him right below kucherov still as the best of our young forwards. I question if vladdy passes him one day but vladdy's size might limit what he becomes. Connolly has the size he just has to find his game and I truly believe he will. He will never be the playmaker of our other guys hes a different fish but he has a nice NIIIIIICEEEE shot:)

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
At no point during this season or any other has Connolly been arguably our best or one of our best towards. Good lord.

He had two good games and looked to be getting better before his injury.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I get paquette is hot I get boyle is hot but does anyone honestly ANYONE truly believe either keeps up the paces they are on or even 0.5? I love both of them and want on fourth line together for sure they will be a problem for all teams especially with the speed rocket out there that is a mixture that I dont see a lot of teams being able to handle.

If we dont have injuries I seriously see myself Killorn being fourth line CAUSE HE CAN DO what paquette does and bring that game imho he is that versatile.

Connolly I really personally want to see what can do with top talent whether is with drouin or flipper. I think he brings an ELEMENT we surely lack we got tons of playmakers another sniper would be a great thing.

I think by end of year people will be sold on connolly myself. He has the game ive seen it seen his confidence growing again. We have the talent to surround him and let him become the beast that he can become. I put him right below kucherov still as the best of our young forwards. I question if vladdy passes him one day but vladdy's size might limit what he becomes. Connolly has the size he just has to find his game and I truly believe he will. He will never be the playmaker of our other guys hes a different fish but he has a nice NIIIIIICEEEE shot:)

3rd and 4th liners are very rarely going to keep a 0.5 ppg pace, regardless of who they are. Drouin might do it because he's a special player who's not cut out to be in the bottom-six. So no, Paquette probably won't keep scoring at this pace, and Boyle almost certainly won't. But neither would Connolly, or just about any of our options, in that role. The issue with Connolly is he's a fairly one-dimensional player, and with guys like Boyle and Paquette, even if they're not scoring, they're helping the team in other ways.

I think Paquette is still likely to be demoted once we're healthy, if only to buy Yzerman some time to figure out if he needs to do something to get Paquette back on the main roster.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
At no point during this season or any other has Connolly been arguably our best or one of our best towards. Good lord.

He had two good games and looked to be getting better before his injury.

At no point during the season has Stamkos been arguably or best forward. Good lord.

I would say Connolly was damn near our best forward in the Edmonton game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
At no point during the season has Stamkos been arguably or best forward. Good lord.

I would say Connolly was damn near our best forward in the Edmonton game.

That was the most pathetic game of the season, Connolly didn't look much better than an average 3rd liner which speaks volumes to how bad the others were playing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That was the most pathetic game of the season, Connolly didn't look much better than an average 3rd liner which speaks volumes to how bad the others were playing.

What? He had a goal and should've had two. He was on the 4th line and was the most dangerous player on our team it's not his fault everyone else sucked. If he looked like an average 3rd liner then we have a team full of those with one or two top 6 player's only. What more does he need to do?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i know hose has chosen to be a band leader so to speak for connolly but I seriously think you all are missing how well he was playing you were sooooooooo down on him the good things he was hitting he was checking he was getting open shots he wasnt creating for others but I have a feeling when a and b mesh he will help the others on his lines.

I think we have hated on him sooooo long that we fail to see what he brings he was pretty solid on the fourth line he was making things happen and I was impressed honestly. I think once he gets his confidence and legs? He will be the guy we want him to be maybe not top 6 material but a first rounder a 50-60 point guy that plays a two way game? Sure and I just am starting to believe in the kid again myself.

He was hitting and physical I really think with him now is gonna be get some games going get that confidence factor that he truly believes he belongs and we will all be happy.

I want connolly or killorn on the fourth over paquette I prefer killer. I think we become a lot more dangerous boyle is a beast and those two skills are better than paquettes at this time cause im telling you he has a brown factor he will get a ton of missed opportunities I think killer and connolly if they dont get mad and play like they can will convert at a much higher rate just my two cents maybe paquette makes the jump we will see. I just know what I have seen and think he is simply on a hot streak for now. Hope I am wrong. Now paquette brings other elements but if killer and connolly will do what he does and go to net which they have in past? Well is all good.

My lineup is still
stamkos callahan drouin
tyjo palat clutch
filppula connolly vladdy
killer boyle brown
morrow - paquette benched or pacman down when no injuries which I would bet wont be often

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Top line starting to get it together. Loved their play tonight!

We'll need to see it again. They weren't up against Detroit's top defenders tonight. The Triplets Line was up against that, and still had a good showing. We'll see who Chicago puts Toews against on Tuesday. If Stamkos gets that assignment and has a half-decent game, I'd be willing to rename BlowDog.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We'll need to see it again. They weren't up against Detroit's top defenders tonight. The Triplets Line was up against that, and still had a good showing. We'll see who Chicago puts Toews against on Tuesday. If Stamkos gets that assignment and has a half-decent game, I'd be willing to rename BlowDog.

I've seen the line get better and better with each game, and now scoring goals. I think Flip should stay on the top line for now. Because the only other option is Killorn really, since Coop does not want to put Drouin up there.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I'd like to see this on tuesday.

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Flip - Namestinkov
Brown - Boyle - Paquette
*Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.