Line Combos: 2014-15 Lineups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzlamic Preacher*

My question is for the second PP unit. Does Nammy centre the second unit now with Drouin and Kucherov on the wings with Palat on the point with *sigh* Carle? Honestly I would much rather have Stammer or Flip on that line and move Drouin or Kucherov to the top unit.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
My question is for the second PP unit. Does Nammy centre the second unit now with Drouin and Kucherov on the wings with Palat on the point with *sigh* Carle? Honestly I would much rather have Stammer or Flip on that line and move Drouin or Kucherov to the top unit.

Names is now getting serious PK time instead. Drouin has taken his spot on the 2nd PP unit with Carle, Johnson, Palat and Kucherov.
That unit seemed to have weird looks though with only Carle on the point.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like Palat is out, hopefully he's just having a rest day and nothing to do with what happened last night:

Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL
#TBLightning practice lines: Stamkos-Callahan-Filppula, Johnson-Paquette-Kucherov, Boyle-Brown-Morrow, Namestnikov-Drouin-Killorn

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Cedric Paquette is still with #tblightning today for practice as full team hits the ice, Connolly on the ice as well

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Looks like Palat is out, hopefully he's just having a rest day and nothing to do with what happened last night:

Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO

His leg whipped against the board funny. I'd bet it's some kind of knee or ankle strain.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I just glad that if Palat won't play tomorrow that they put Paquette in his spot with Johnson and Kuch and not Killorn like they tried during the game because that was bad.

Mihms06

Jan 11, 2012
Florida
Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL
#TBLightning practice lines: Stamkos-Callahan-Filppula, Johnson-Paquette-Kucherov, Boyle-Brown-Morrow, Namestnikov-Drouin-Killorn

Holy crap are they actually finally going to give Drouin a shot at playing Center? I mean since we are basically the only reason he played Center all last season in Halifax.

Venzio X

Apr 24, 2013
Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL

Holy crap are they actually finally going to give Drouin a shot at playing Center? I mean since we are basically the only reason he played Center all last season in Halifax.

Yeah, it seems our centers are Callahan, Paquette, Brown and Drouin.

:sarcasm:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Burns is naming the centers first I guess. That said, it looked like they were trying Drouin on RW a couple of times last night.

Looking at the lines from practice this is probably what we're gonna see (at the start of) next game:

Filppula - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat (Paquette) - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Namestnikov - Drouin
Morrow - Boyle - Brown

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He's just putting the centers first. It's one way to write out lines. It is confusing because the name isn't in the center.

I just don't know what were gonna do when Connolly is healthy. Pacquette is gonna need to go back to Syracuse. Killorn and Connolly are the options for trade but their values aren't very high now and need to play.

I think were a playoff team but will struggle to be successful in it. My opinion could change of course but right now I feel we aren't quite there. So that's why I think we need to really see who we want on our roster going forward. Our core is pretty much on the team. We just need to find out which guys we want long haul. I think we know who that is for the most part but questions for me still linger for Connolly, Killorn, Brown, Namestnikov, Paquette, and I'm sure there's other guys who will be fighting for spots too like Erne. While the players and coaches focus is on this season. I'm curious about how this roster is going to look in a couple seasons.

Drouin Stamkos Callahan
Palat Johnson Kucherov
Killorn/Connolly Namestnikov Erne
Brown Boyle Paquette

Hedman Stralman
Sustr/FA Koekkoek
Carle Gudas
DeAngelo

Not sure how our D will look. DeAngelo may still need more time. Carle may be gone. So there is still questions about how that's going to work. And then there is the question about Bishop and Vasi.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Killorn is a solid player and I wish he would go back to how he played when he first came up or how he played in the playoffs. That was an impact player. Right now he doesn't fit on any line and doesn't seem to really play any specific role. He's a two way forward without the offense/power forward without the power.

Also, Sustr is garbage. There are times when I wonder if he has any hockey IQ at all. Most of his great plays are a product of his reach and not his anticipation or positioning. That's not a good sign.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've got no problems with how Killorn is playing. It's exactly like how Callahan plays, and it's just not as flashy as some of our other guys so the natural tendency is to devalue him. Then he looks like the obvious casualty in a numbers game.

With Connolly and Killorn both healthy, will be very curious who is going to sit. I wouldn't mind a rotation to keep guys fresh, especially between Killorn, Callahan, Palat, and our fourth liners whom all play more of a physically intensive game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've got no problems with how Killorn is playing. It's exactly like how Callahan plays, and it's just not as flashy as some of our other guys so the natural tendency is to devalue him. Then he looks like the obvious casualty in a numbers game.

With Connolly and Killorn both healthy, will be very curious who is going to sit. I wouldn't mind a rotation to keep guys fresh, especially between Killorn, Callahan, Palat, and our fourth liners whom all play more of a physically intensive game.

Killorn is like the À la carte of Callahan and Palat. You know like the diet coke of Callahan/Palat, just one calorie, not Palahan enough? He should not be in a top 6 role and proved that again last night. I would not mind seeing him on the LW with Boyle and Brown. Is Morrow who has been playing very well, going to play every game down the road?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

When Callahan does it, you can see how effective it is, when Killorn does it, he turns the puck over and gets put on his ass. Not sure how it's the same, Callahan is actually able to get pucks to his open man.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Susrt & Killorn shouldn't be in this line up right now. They're simply not good, and it's clearly hurting the team. I've also wondered if Palat isn't injured for a while, since he hasn't seemed as explosive.

However the big point is that Stammer and Flipper MUST be broken up. It's obviously not working to everyone, except Cooper. I don't care if you put Stammer on the third line and Flip on the fourth, it'd likely have them playing better than they are now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Susrt & Killorn shouldn't be in this line up right now. They're simply not good, and it's clearly hurting the team. I've also wondered if Palat isn't injured for a while, since he hasn't seemed as explosive.

However the big point is that Stammer and Flipper MUST be broken up. It's obviously not working to everyone, except Cooper. I don't care if you put Stammer on the third line and Flip on the fourth, it'd likely have them playing better than they are now.

Sustr, why? He was a +1 with an assist last game while Gudas was a -2 so if anyone needs to be out of the lineup it's him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Killorn is like the À la carte of Callahan and Palat. You know like the diet coke of Callahan/Palat, just one calorie, not Palahan enough? He should not be in a top 6 role and proved that again last night. I would not mind seeing him on the LW with Boyle and Brown. Is Morrow who has been playing very well, going to play every game down the road?

I was thinking a Killorn-Filppula-Connolly third line would eventually come to fruition as soon as Cooper moves Dru up to a permanent role on the 1st line.

When Callahan does it, you can see how effective it is, when Killorn does it, he turns the puck over and gets put on his ass. Not sure how it's the same, Callahan is actually able to get pucks to his open man.

I don't agree. Obviously Callahan is much more effective, which is why he's getting paid like it, but Killorn is also first on the puck and provides a lot of the net presence you need. Put him on a line with a couple of perimeter players like Filppula and Connolly and he'll prove invaluable.

I think he's turning the puck over and playing physical at a normal rate, nothing that really stands out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was thinking a Killorn-Filppula-Connolly third line would eventually come to fruition as soon as Cooper moves Dru up to a permanent role on the 1st line.

Yeah, I can see that happening. Think the best spot for the top LW now is Flip or Drouin. Since Cooper wants Drouin to get more experience, the line of Flip-Stammer-Cally should stay, which has been looking better and better with each game.

Also find it interesting that Cally and Flip are off the PK. I kind of like this because when the PK is over, a team usually gets a momentum swing after they just killed a penalty. So then you throw the top line out there to continue the offensive pressure. The only downside is, Flip and Cally are very good on the PK. So you are leaving a little hole there.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
stamkos connolly callahan

tyjo clutch drej

flipper killorn drouin

boyle vladdy paquette
morrow - brown

brown morrow barberio on bench

am very happy some of the kids are doing pk keep cally flipper etc.. safe in playoffs re evaluate but for now like what see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad