Hoffman Smith Stone
J.O.B.

Methot Karlson
Ceci Phillips
Boro Gryba
Cowen

Anderson
Lehner

This is my projection. only signing ive got is setoguchi.....I also think I'd bring back up JOB and get rid of the goons Kassian and Neil....Move Weircioch to make room for Boro.Move Condra and Greening to make room up front. but this relys heavily on the idea i can sign both michalek and hemsky for about what hemsky alone made this year.

We could roll 4 lines easily. but I'll admit our back end carries most of the sand paper.

I move Neil Greening Condra Weircioch and unfortunately due to lack of space Dacosta at the draft for picks only.

Last edited:

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Lazar Turris Ryan
Michalek Spezza Hemsky
Macarthur Zibby Setoguchi
Hoffman Smith Stone
J.O.B.

Methot Karlson
Ceci Phillips
Boro Gryba
Cowen

Anderson
Lehner

This is my projection. only signing ive got is setoguchi.....I also think I'd bring back up JOB and get rid of the goons Kassian and Neil....Move Weircioch to make room for Boro.Move Condra and Greening to make room up front. but this relys heavily on the idea i can sign both michalek and hemsky for about what hemsky alone made this year.

We could roll 4 lines easily. but I'll admit our back end carries most of the sand paper.

I move Neil Greening Condra Weircioch and unfortunately due to lack of space Dacosta at the draft for picks only.

NO WAY IN HELL Boro plays ahead of Cowen.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Hoffman Spezza Hemsky
MacArthur Turris Ryan
Prince Zibanejad Michelak
Puempel Lazar Stone

Claesson Karlsson
Methot Ceci
Quincey Philips

Lehner
Anderson

*No more Kassian Smith Greening Neil Gryba*

Claesson on the top pairing as a rookie? Good god no.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Jagr-Spezza-Hemsky
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Da Costa-Stone
Zibanejad-Smith-Neil
x
Condra

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Enstrom-Gryba
x
Borowiecki-Phillips

Lehner
Elliott

Anderson + Wiercioch for Tobias Enstrom (probably needs tweaking with picks being exchanged)
Re-sign Hemsky 3 years 14M
Sign Jagr 1 year 4.5M
Sign Brian Elliott 1 year 1.5M
Amnesty buyout: Greening

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Greening Smith Neil
Mac Turris Ryan
Michalek Spezza Hemsky
Hoffman Zibanejad Lazar

If michalek is not retained stone comes up and plays on the spezza line.

D:
Cowen-Karlsson
Methot Gryba
Wiercioch Ceci
Boro
(fantasy world where Phillips was never resigned)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
here is what i want to see next season even though i know its not happening

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Puempel - Smith - Stone

Call up order, Pageau, Prince, Schneider, Dreidger ( DaCosta will be somewhere else most likely )

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boro - Gryba
Claesson

Anderson
Lehner

Drop
Greening
Neil
Condra
Phillips

no need to trade or acquire UFA's

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
NO WAY IN HELL Boro plays ahead of Cowen.

At the start of the year I'd of said that about Gryba Weircioch and Ceci and yet at times......

I like that he has Jim O'Brien as part of the organization.

Sue me for liking the idea of a defensive centre whos good on the pk as our thirteenth forward....id just as happily slot grant in there.

And Lazar getting 1st line minutes as a rookie.

I put him with Turris and Ryan......given the line combos ive created and the statement that I believe theyd roll 4 lines and my thought that sens will give him line mates that play a similar game to his own and that will be capable of making up for his rookie mistakes this does not seem unreasonable.....to me..... and who the ell says thats the first line every night? Like I said roll 4 lines best line gets the most mins.......

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ryan- Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Hoffman - Zibanejad -Stone
Schiender - Smith - Neil
Greening willl compete with schneider for 4th LW

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Tanev
Boro - Ceci
Gryba or Phillips cause realistically phillips isnt leaving

Sign Tanev
Wier traded Condra traded kassain not retained
Ryan will play the LW and learn to like it.

Not happy with the forth line because i dont see it as being a legit shutdown line. Ideally we'd sign frolik, Tanev and a forward that specializes in the pk and blocks shots but the rules say just one and we need a defensemen to stabilize the pk and the second pairing. IMO ryan on the LW and Michalek on the RW will give them more opportunities to use their shots.

Last edited:

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Weak FA class, but what I'd like to see (and it's realistic if Melnyk gets his head out of his ass and spends):

Cammalleri - Spezza - Hemsky --> old, but I don't want to rush our young guys and this would be fine on short term contracts
Mac - Turris - Ryan --> They had early chemistry but it has disappeared. I think an offseason together it could ignite, they mesh well in terms of playing style
Hoffman - Zibby - Stone --> The kid line. Very good defensive line with solid mix of speed (Hoffman) and strength (Zibby and Stone).
Greening - Smith - Neil --> energy and grit

Methot - Karlsson
Ceci - Phillips
Wiercoch - Gryba

- Trade Cowen at the draft for picks
- Sign Cammy and resign Hemsky

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Since we are a budget team, I did this up so that people could make their rosters based on salary since we don't care about the cap.

Player|Cap Hit|Salary
Spezza, Jason|$7,000,000|$4,000,000
Ryan, Bobby|$5,100,000|$5,562,500
Michalek, Milan|UFA|UFA
Turris, Kyle|$3,500,000|$3,500,000
MacArthur, Clarke|$3,250,000|$3,250,000
Hemsky, Ales|UFA|UFA
Neil, Chris|$1,900,000|$2,100,000
Smith, Zack|$1,887,500|$1,700,000
Condra, Erik|$1,250,000|$1,300,000
Zibanejad, Mika|$894,167|$832,500
Greening, Colin|$2,650,000 |$2,000,000
Kassian, Matt|UFA|UFA
Karlsson, Erik|$6,500,000|$6,500,000
Cowen, Jared|$3,100,000|$2,700,000
Phillips, Chris|$2,500,000|$2,500,000
Methot, Marc|$3,000,000|$3,750,000
Wiercioch, P.|$2,000,000|$2,200,000
Ceci, Cody|$894,167|$925,000
Gryba, Eric|RFA|RFA
Anderson, Craig|$3,187,500|$3,500,000
Lehner, Robin|RFA|RFA
Hoffman, Mike|RFA|RFA
Stone, Mark|$603,333|$575,000
Borowiecki, Mark|$575,000|$600,000

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Using the current roster as a starting point. I hope we're able to retain Hemsky and Michalek. I would also like to see Ott added to our team because we're lacking serious balls right now.

Unfortunately, Phillips is staying, meaning we have one less spot for Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Claesson to fight for. We will have to trade someone soon. I was also hoping we could sign a UFA defenseman. Ideally, Phillips-Ceci would be our 3rd pair and we sign a UFA righty like Boyle.

Trade block: Greening, Gryba, Wiercioch

MM9-Spezz-Hemsky
Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Mac-Zib-Condra
Ott-Smith-Neil

Kassian, Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Boyle
Phillips-Ceci

Borocop
Wiercioch

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I half expect murray to sign kulemin if michalek isn't brought back
Hoffman spezza hemsky
kulemin zibanejad condra

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Hard to even speculate on this without knowing the budget. Given that the team will have about 51 million committed in current contracts and reasonable raises, something like 55 would make it tough to even retain Hemsky.

If the team is going to operate on a budget it would be nice to see Melnyk be transparent about the number. Keeps expectations reasonable.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Using the current roster as a starting point. I hope we're able to retain Hemsky and Michalek. I would also like to see Ott added to our team because we're lacking serious balls right now.

Unfortunately, Phillips is staying, meaning we have one less spot for Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Claesson to fight for. We will have to trade someone soon. I was also hoping we could sign a UFA defenseman. Ideally, Phillips-Ceci would be our 3rd pair and we sign a UFA righty like Boyle.

MM9-Spezz-Hemsky
Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Mac-Zib-Condra
Ott-Smith-Neil

Kassian, Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Boyle
Phillips-Ceci

Borocop
Wiercioch

good looking lineup but i would take condra out and put stone or lazar in his place. His pk ability is overrated and frankly if we get ott, then he is definitely replaceable. it also gives us 3 legitimate scoring lines and by replaceing condra with either player would mean we save around 1 million in salary

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia

MM9-Spezz-Hemsky
Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Mac-Zib-Condra
Ott-Smith-Neil

Kassian, Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Boyle
Phillips-Ceci

Borocop
Wiercioch

Why ? Why we need retain Michalek ? He is never be again a player he use to be. Only if he agrees in one year deel (as try out), which he refuses. He wants multiyear and big money. I would not give him any of two.

Michalek, Greening, Condra need to be gone.
X- is FA or trade or just anybody but not 3 above.

X/Hoff-Spezz-Hemsky
Mac/Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Hoff/Mac-Zib-Lazar
X-Smith-Neil

Kassian, Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Boyle
Phillips-Ceci

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Why ? Why we need retain Michalek ? He is never be again a player he use to be. Only if he agrees in one year deel (as try out), which he refuses. He wants multiyear and big money. I would not give him any of two.

You’re right. I’m not big even on keeping him. I was actually one of the few who was suggesting we should be trading him right after him 35 goals season in 2012. However, I’m sort of curious to see what kind of chemistry and production that line can have. I think Milan is currently auditioning for a contract just as much as Hemsky.

Steve Ott is a player I’d love to see here and he’s better than the 4th line player I’ve penciled him in my line up. I believe he could be the SOB grinder that can work the corners and create mayhem in front of the net for two ballerinas like Spezza and Hemsky.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
FORWARDS
Mark Stone ($0.603m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Ales Hemsky ($3.500m)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Mike Hoffman ($0.850m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.500m)
Derek Grant ($0.660m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m) / Jared Cowen ($3.100m)
Chris Phillips ($2.500m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.500m)
------
TOTALS
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,901,667; BONUSES: $1,595,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $12,198,333 (+ 4M in actual $ because of Spezza)

Re-sign Hemsky, Sign Jagr. Trade for Ehrhoff:

Weircioch, Greening, Prince, Da Costa for Ehrhoff.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Stewart-Spezza-Hemsky
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Mac-Zibanejad-Lazar
Stone-Smith-Neil
Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Niskanen-Ceci
Cowen-Phillips
Claesson

Anderson
Lehner

Prince, Weircoch, 3rd for Stewart.

We'll trade Michalek's rights for Niskanen's (or just sign him) and sign him for 3 years, 9.5 million.

Sign Hemsky for 4 years, 15 million.

Also, I don't see it happening, but I think we should remove the A's from Phillips and Neil and give them to Karlsson and Turris. It's time to show some faith in our young stars and slap letters on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad