2014-15 Iowa Wild, Quad City Mallards, & Alaska Aces Thread

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
OSB re-signed Bryce Aneloski, which is a pretty solid move for them.

Here's the entire article with some of their other signings.

They also posted their current depth chart in terms of under contract players (these are OSB contracted guys, not Wild/Toronto ones):

Forwards:

Alex Gallant
Mickey Lang
Nick Larson
Ian Slater
Scott Tanski
Mike Ullrich

Defensemen:

Bryce Aneloski
Mike Bergin
Brad Good
Ben Shutron

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
OSB re-signs Cepis (which is massive for them he was their MVP last year) and also added Nielsen on the blue line.

Here is the official article, and here is how the team looks so far with contracted players:

Forwards:

Jacob Cepis
Alex Gallant
Mickey Lang
Nick Larson
Ian Slater
Scott Tanski
Mike Ullrich

Defensemen:

Bryce Aneloski
Mike Bergin
Brad Good
Carl Nielsen
Ben Shutron

--------------

Also Iowa re-inks Corbin Baldwin.

Link here.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Orlando signs Gleason Fournier and Brock Montgomery with the full article here.

I've seen Fournier play for Toledo many, many times, and I never rated him. Since I moved back here the games I've watched and the opinions of fans with "great hockey minds" say that nothing has changed.

He's not horrible for the E, but he's not anything special. There is a reason Toledo (a team that finished last) didn't sign him.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
How did Orlando do last year ?

A massive improvement from their first season in which they didn't make the playoffs. They actually I think had the longest winning streak in the Eastern half of the ECHL for awhile if I remember correctly.

They finished 4th overall in the East and 2nd in their division by a point (to SC).

They lost 4 games to 2 in the first round of the playoffs though because they drew Cincy, who went all the way to the finals and always has a good team as of late.

Lang and Cepis were two of the better players in the league, Lang I think was 3rd in points? and scored more than 40 goals and led that category AND They are back this year.

Their best goalies didn't get enough chances to really break into the top categories because they didn't have as many games played but Curry (yes, the same Curry who played a game for the Wild) was up and down, Reichard was up and down and they got Beskorwany from when San Fran folded and then St. John's picked him up and he was their goalie in the Calder Cup finals after playing a handful of games with OSB.

So, I would think....they would be a playoff team or close to it again, especially with a lot of talent at Iowa pushing some down to Orlando, guys like Matson last year were fantastic for them.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com

Crap. It's true. Hockeyfights has an article. They are solely going with Toronto (which doesn't help them to be honest IMO).

Orlando Solar Bears Announce New Two-Year Affiliation with Toronto Maple Leafs

I wonder if this means they will just go with the Quad City Mallards now (which is in an inferior league) or if they will go after the Colorado Eagles since they are the only unattached ECHL team right now.

Well....looks like all my game worn OSB jerseys are now outdated with my Bakersfield ones. :(

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sorry Paul. We'll let the dust settle before re-naming the thread.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Apparently there is a rumor that the ECHL may merge with the CHL, and 4 ECHL teams "may" make a jump to the AHL next season.

I wonder if this is why the Wild didn't continue with Orlando, and instead are still with Quad City. It would make sense.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Well, we still have Quad City to look out for (merger talks for ECHL/AHL teams all over the place right now btw).

MALLARDS SIGN GOALTENDER MILNER, WELCOME BACK GRASSO

The Quad City Mallards have signed goaltender Parker Milner and re-signed forward/defenseman Nick Grasso, the Mallards announced today.

Full article

RIOUX RETURNS TO BOLSTER MALLARDS' DEFENSE; FORMER DIVISION III STANDOUT THOMAS SIGNED

The Quad City Mallards have re-signed defenseman Nicholas Rioux and signed forward Kyle Thomas, the Mallards announced today.

Full Article

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Kent Patterson! I'm tangentially related to him somehow. :laugh:

Cue the Gopher fans.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
I was talking to Zach Mitchell last night, he is ready to hit the scene and wants to create an immediate impact.

He is in very good off season shape playing some squash to train the quads. Down to earth guy you guys will like him.

J22*

im posting this here since brock mcbride use to play for the aeros, sunday he sucker punched a guy. why do people do this? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...rock-mcbride-2-game-ban--video-153508825.html

Did you watch the video? Can't really condone the suckerpunch, but you only have to watch about 30 seconds of that video to realize that Olimb deserved a beating. He boards the guy from behind and then kicks his feet out from underneath him as he gets back up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad