Fantasy: 2014-15 HF Sharks Division 1 Fantasy Hockey

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Yay! The Presidents Trophy!
Thank you, thank you , thank you.
no no, please sit.

Well It's been 4 long years since my last one. I finished 3rd that year in the playoffs.. So lets hope for a better finish here. Its been tough at times , losing players like Giordano, Franzen and Mackinnon. And what ended up being a bad trade for me, giving Bobby Ryan away to Mirco at the start of the year. But Ive battled through my adversaries. Most notably Janney and what seems to be every year, Potvin Sucks. But The Hacks and We don't need roads are usually right there in my kitchen too.
I'd like to give thanks to block cheese for this win, so thank you block cheese, you sure come in handy sometimes . mmm, think I might need to break me off some of that stuff right now.

I despise everything you stand for.

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
Bobby Ryan is only working out for me now. He didn't do a whole lot in the first half. And Lupul was his normal Lupul self. Finally came back from injury then coasted with his tanking team to the tune of 1 assist in 17 games. Oof.
Fair enough, the trade was up in the air for awhile there.

I despise everything you stand for.

I can't believe you don't enjoy block cheese!

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
I can't believe you don't enjoy block cheese!

I'm lactose intolerant.

Honestly, this was a fun season for me (not just saying that because I finished towards the top). With hindsight, I could have made smarter moves in drafting, I sort of didn't really have a plan. There definitely was a lot more deliberation in some of the teams everyone built, it was a challenge to say the least.

Next year I'm coming faster, harder, more aggressive...just like the real Janney!

4918-41Fr.jpg

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Wow, another asswhooping handed to my team. I guess the upcoming 9th place game is better than nothing though.

OT: I did win a shallow league that I've been playing in, improving to two championships in three years (with a 3rd place finish in the middle).

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Took 3rd by one hit. :phew:

Congrats 7th Sega Shark! You have the strangest lineup I've ever seen. But it not only worked, it wasn't particularly close.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I spent a good chunk of the season in bottom 2 spots, and only managed to clime up to 10th. On the other hand, I only made 10 moves all season with only Time and Tye McGinn making less (which I suspect was due to team neglect). Given that everyone else made at least twice as many moves, and all of the top 3 made 4-5 times as many moves (and Wookie made almost 8-times as many moves) I'm relatively happy with the result.

Congrats to 7th for win. :)

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
Thanks guys! It was a fun and interesting season. There was actually some trades this year!! hah

You're right about my team Sackto , my team was a little unconventional. I think mainly it was the pick ups from the waiver wire that took me to the top, plus my D core. A top 20 guy in Foligno, and then snagging Hammond at the end there at the start of the sens run.

Here's to another fun year !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad