Speculation: 2014-15 Ducks trade proposals/speculation Part V

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't see any way Silfver is moved unless it is in a package for a legit top pairing defender. What else could he be moved for? Center? No. Winger? Kind of undoing the Ryan trade isn't it. Picks and prospects? We have more then enough.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't see any way Silfver is moved unless it is in a package for a legit top pairing defender. What else could he be moved for? Center? No. Winger? Kind of undoing the Ryan trade isn't it. Picks and prospects? We have more then enough.

Only if his style becomes unnapropriate for us. But from Bruce`s and Bob`s comments they liked him in playoffs very much, Bruce said he` excited about C-K-S line that could ''skate, check, shut down'' as good as any line in the league and also score (Bruce said something along those lines in that one interview i can`t find link anymore)

So yeah, i think he stays for a while

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Do not want to trade Silver. But if BOS were to offer Hamilton, I wouldn't mind. ;) :sarcasm:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think one of our wingers breaks out this year. My bet is on Palmieri. I really dont want to move him or SIlfverberg.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think one of our wingers breaks out this year. My bet is on Palmieri. I really dont want to move him or SIlfverberg.
I don't think that you have to worry about that. Don't let the alarmist talk around here dissuade you. A year ago, people were saying the same about Bonino.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Wonder what kind of dman we could land with a package of something like
Palms/Allen/maybe a 1st

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Someone NEEDS to breakout. However, we are lucky to be in the position to have multiple people who COULD POSSIBLY breakout. From Silfverberg to Etem there are numerous candidates with the potential to breakout.

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
Wonder what kind of dman we could land with a package of something like
Palms/Allen/maybe a 1st

In my opinion, the issue isn't with who we could land, it's with who we need and who is available. Seems like the common consensus around here is a top-2/4 d-man who is solid defensively and can help on the power play, preferably who is right-handed/plays on the right. Realistically, how many defensemen fitting that bill are there in the league, let alone available?

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
In my opinion, the issue isn't with who we could land, it's with who we need and who is available. Seems like the common consensus around here is a top-2/4 d-man who is solid defensively and can help on the power play, preferably who is right-handed/plays on the right. Realistically, how many defensemen fitting that bill are there in the league, let alone available?

I would just feel a lot more comfortable with this team in the playoffs if they added a top dman

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Clarkson would be great defending our young goalies water bottles:'' you better not touch it mother****er''

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't. Kesler isn't exactly the type of player that makes the players around him better.

I don't buy that he has no playmaking ability.

His most common wingers in 2014 were Higgins and Jensen. Not exactly Silfverberg, Etem, or Palmieri in terms of skill.... He has never had good wingers to play with. When he is in the Olympics I think he plays a great playmaking game.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't buy that he has no playmaking ability.

His most common wingers in 2014 were Higgins and Jensen. Not exactly Silfverberg, Etem, or Palmieri in terms of skill.... He has never had good wingers to play with. When he is in the Olympics I think he plays a great playmaking game.

The most talented guy he played with regularly was probably Samuelsson, and I don't think it's a surprise his numbers started trailing off once they dealt him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00