Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
mine is the opposite...there will still be no captain named...

and Dano is the first of the '13 1st rounders to play on this team

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
my bold prediction was gonna be that we would get through this thread without someone getting hung up about the captain situation. sadly, we couldn't get past post #1. :help:

my second bold prediction is that Bob will be nominated for another Vezina.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
my bold prediction was gonna be that we would get through this thread without someone getting hung up about the captain situation. sadly, we couldn't get past post #1. :help:

my second bold prediction is that Bob will be nominated for another Vezina.

:laugh: Sorry ;)

Boone Jenner scores 30 goals.

jordanwill21

Jul 6, 2014
Blue jackets win stanley cup!!!!!!:yo:

blue jackets top 3 in G at end of reg season

25 G Matt Calvert

bob nominated for vezina

I'm feeling optimistic today!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
To be honest guys, Bob simply getting another nomination for the Vezina isn't really that bold. Go ahead and say he'll win his 2nd trophy :nod:

My bold predictions:

1 of Hartnell/Horton has a 30+ goal season and the two combine for 55+ goals.

Cam Atkinson is traded at or before the deadline (by himself, in a package, who knows?) due to his apparent plateau in production/growth and expiring contract

Jenner sniffs 50 points on the season

Murray increases his shot total from a lowly 62 into the 100+ range and as a result finishes the season with a double-digit +/- rating and points in the mid-30s

Last edited:

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Here are 5 predictions:

1) Jackets' PP is top 5 in the league
2) Joey nets at least 35 goals, puts up 70+ points
3) Horton has a bounce back year, 55+ points
4) Hartnell is worth every cent of his contract, outperforms Umberger by a wide margin
5) Dubinsky is nominated for the Selke

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Here are 5 predictions:

1) Jackets' PP is top 5 in the league
2) Joey nets at least 35 goals, puts up 70+ points
3) Horton has a bounce back year, 55+ points
4) Hartnell is worth every cent of his contract, outperforms Umberger by a wide margin
5) Dubinsky is nominated for the Selke
just imagine how good our team would be if Dubinsky's defensive play was at the level of Toews/Kopitar/Bergeron..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll actually predict Cam will turn it around and hit 25g 25a.

I don't like the idea of making "bold predictions" because predictions are supposed to be realistic, but in this case I think the boards are unduly down on Cam. He'll get back in to the shape he was in when he broke into the league and capture our hearts again.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll predict JJ hits a career high 45 pts, and leads the D in scoring (Wiz will miss a bit too many games with injuries).

Foligno will outscore Hartnell (15g 30a vs. 15g 20a).

The Jackets will have 5 20 goal scorers for the first time ever.
Joey (35), Cam (25), Horton (24), Boone (23), Arty (21).

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'll predict JJ hits a career high 45 pts, and leads the D in scoring (Wiz will miss a bit too many games with injuries).

Do you think Hartnell will suck or be injured a fair bit? He's proven to be one of the more durable players in the league. He also hasn't had 35 points or less since 03-04 minus the lockout year

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
My bold prediction is the Calvert-Dubi-Cam line becomes more offensive all around leading to Dubi breaking his career high of 56 points, Cam getting finding some consistency and hitting 27 goals and Calvert hits 40 points

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Do you think Hartnell will suck or be injured a fair bit? He's proven to be one of the more durable players in the league. He also hasn't had 35 points or less since 03-04 minus the lockout year

I think he'll be okay, but I think you take any player off of Giroux's line and you can cut his production substantially. I'm guessing Hartnell will play with Joey part of the time, but even if he did it all the time I'd still expect his production to drop.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
I think he'll be okay, but I think you take any player off of Giroux's line and you can cut his production substantially. I'm guessing Hartnell will play with Joey part of the time, but even if he did it all the time I'd still expect his production to drop.

IIRC, Hartnell's numbers were better when he wasn't playing with Giroux. I may be wrong, though.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Despite his role and his importance, Jared Boll will be waived or traded by Christmas due to the solid play of several other fourth liners.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Thats fair and i've seen that comment a lot but... his 2nd best season was when Giroux was new to the team and he also had a couple 20 goal seasons before his time in Philly. He's like Foligno when you look at advanced stats (I don't follow them but read a lot of other people showing them) he's a player you might think think slows a line down but actually makes it better. From what stats i've seen posted he made the Giroux line better and it's kind of why I agree he'll get a chance at some point with Johansen. I think his stats may drop a tiny bit due to less 5 on 5 time with top quality players but he'll still get some good pp time. I still think we'll get 45-50 points and 20ish pp points out of him. I think some people are bracing for an Umby type year and anything else being a bonus but I think he has more to offer then that

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011

If the two of them stay healthy for the entire season, I have a very hard time seeing this happening. Hartnell will get more PP time. I think those numbers are pretty fair for Foligno, definitely could see him getting between 40-50 points this season, but Hartnell's numbers aren't going to nosedive just because he isn't on a line with Giroux.

I feel the same way about this. Very fair projections for all these guys, and I would be ecstatic if another player could sneak onto that list (Hartnell and/or Calvert?)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hjalmarsson is on the opening night roster and finishes the season with 20G and 20A

Rychel fills in for an injury, never gets sent back down.

Jackets finish top 5 in the league

Make it to the ECF

Anton Forsberg gets called up as one of macelhinney or Bobrovsky get hurt

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
BOB gets hurt during preseason,
CBJ finishes 1 point ahead of last place.
EDM Wins Lottery!
CBJ picks 3rd.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
BOB gets hurt during preseason,
CBJ finishes 1 point ahead of last place.
EDM Wins Lottery!
CBJ picks 3rd.

If we get screwed out of both Mcdavid and Eichel like that I'd be pretty upset. Edm needs a 3 year ban from 1sts

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If the two of them stay healthy for the entire season, I have a very hard time seeing this happening. Hartnell will get more PP time. I think those numbers are pretty fair for Foligno, definitely could see him getting between 40-50 points this season, but Hartnell's numbers aren't going to nosedive just because he isn't on a line with Giroux.

You're right, with the PP time it'd be pretty damn tough for Foligno to outscore Hartnell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad