League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I think they just looked at the Capitals stats this season and picked Mojo out because he's third in points amongst Caps forwards, and, I guess, they felt the need to say three names there. 80, 75, and 45 points. Probably could've just stopped the list at two.

Exactly. The 'author' knows little to nothing about the Caps IMO. He could have called Ovechkin and Backstrom the stars and said supported by Johansson up front but instead he lazily half arsed it. As soon as I saw the url was for that site I knew the 'article' was going to be gold...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You guys are wasting far too much time discussing some idiot blogger.

I'd much rather discuss our clinching a non wild card slot, with a very good chance at home ice, and the 4th overall seed. Pretty heady stuff for this team, considering where they were a few weeks ago.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Who are you guys rooting for in the islanders pens game tomorrow.

I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the pens, and I'm kind of terrified of the possibility that they suddenly put everything together at the right time.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the pens, and I'm kind of terrified of the possibility that they suddenly put everything together at the right time.

isles. then columbus can take care of em on saturday

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If Detroit loses in regulation, Pittsburgh loses in overtime, and Boston and Ottawa both win, they'll all have identical records with one game left. I have decided to cheer for this scenario.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Rangers healthy scratch girardi, nash, staal, and zuccarello tonight against the sens

they trolling pitt?

girardi was listed not at morning skate so they think hes off tonight too

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Rangers healthy scratch girardi, nash, staal, and zuccarello tonight against the sens

they trolling pitt?

girardi was listed not at morning skate so they think hes off tonight too

Maybe they are but more likely they are resting their players seeing as how they have absolutely zero to play for.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Maybe they are but more likely they are resting their players seeing as how they have absolutely zero to play for.

true, heres the thing though, resting players vs ottawa can have a negative impact as they are the hottest team right now (ok maybe columbus is) but then your letting them take the 8th spot and possibly first round matchup with the rangers. I would just beat em and deal with a pitt or detroit but thats just me

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I predict that Pitt will win both of its last two games, the Isles will split, Detroit will lose both of their games, Boston will split, Ottawa will split. So final conference standing should look like this:

NYR
MON
TB
WASH
NYI
PITT*
BOS
DET
OTT**

*PITT and NYI will be tied for points so standings will be based on tiebreaker
** OTT and DET will be tied for points so standings will be based on tiebreaker

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
true, heres the thing though, resting players vs ottawa can have a negative impact as they are the hottest team right now (ok maybe columbus is) but then your letting them take the 8th spot and possibly first round matchup with the rangers. I would just beat em and deal with a pitt or detroit but thats just me

I agree. I'm not a fan of taking your foot off the pedal. The Rangers seem to be with the guys they are resting. To each their own.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I predict that Pitt will win both of its last two games, the Isles will split, Detroit will lose both of their games, Boston will split, Ottawa will split. So final conference standing should look like this:

NYR
MON
TB
WASH
NYI
PITT*
BOS
DET
OTT**

*PITT and NYI will be tied for points so standings will be based on tiebreaker
** OTT and DET will be tied for points so standings will be based on tiebreaker

You think the isles beat the blue jackets who are 15-1-1 in last 17 on Saturday? I dont

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow. Pens posters are already rocking playoff advitars. We should all save a few of them for taunting purposes in (the entirely reasonable) case Pitt doesn't make the playoffs.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Two games, one vs. Buffalo, won't be enough to suggest a turnaround. They could get on a roll and have been playing better possession hockey but their team defense is bad and their scoring woeful. Their mental toughness has been ever worse. Gotta go with the Pens since I don't want the Pens to miss the playoffs. As far as the 2/3 match-up...whichever. The Isles losing in regulation gives the Caps home ice. I'll take that.

Anything that enables Pittsburgh's freakshow front office to continue should be supported IMO. Shero is gone but their management group is as clueless as ever. Missing the playoffs might lead to the sort of hard changes they've avoided. Outside of Ottawa missing, that sort of change is the likely outcome for whoever does miss out.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Yeah as much as I'd love to see the pens crash and burn I don't want them to actually make wholesale changes and fix their ineptitude.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Let me predict any team that makes the loffs that is perceived to be foundering going in, makes it game 7 in the first round.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Why is nbcsn showing Chicago blues game over NY Ottawa.

Last edited by a moderator:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
2-0 Ottawa. I think we can all agree: Greatest. End. Of. Season. Ever.
So many twists and turns, it will keep you riveted right through Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad